Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,117 members, 7,863,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

What Is The Implication Of Buying A Land That Has No Government Gazette No Gover - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Implication Of Buying A Land That Has No Government Gazette No Gover (946 Views)

Monastry Road Lands With Official Government Gazette / Land At Ibeju Lekki And Epe For Sale, With C Of O And Government Gazette / Several Plots Of Land For Sale @ Ajah-lekki Axis With Government Gazette. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Implication Of Buying A Land That Has No Government Gazette No Gover by cogbuagu: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2012
I want to buy a plot of land in lagos state. I asked the seller if the land has Government Gazette and Government consent.
They told me no but free from Government acquisition.
That the land was bought long ago by someone from the villagers and now he wants to sale then.
That the person has given then Power of attorney to sale the whole plots of lands (20 plots) and that they have the survey plan of the area.
Since the seller is a surveyor, I want to pay him to also survey the plot I want to buy,

Is there anything wrong in that?
I’m only told it has Global survey plan that contains 20 Plots of land and will be given Deed of assignment.
That I have to call a surveyor or pay then to survey and give me the plot I want in it.

Please can someone tell me:

1. The implication of buying land that is said to be government free from acquisition but has neither Government Gazette nor Government consent.
2. What others questions should I ask or do before paying for a plot?

Thanks for reading
Re: What Is The Implication Of Buying A Land That Has No Government Gazette No Gover by oildealz: 10:40am On Feb 20, 2012
hello
This is just my own five cents. A government gazetted land is that which has been certified as free from acquisition by government but this in itself can not constitute a root of title.
what this means is that the said plots of land may actually have been acquired by government with its attendant ratification wahala, also a power of attorney is not a valid evidence of title neither is it a conveyance of same so having a power without the required legal backing amounts to mere paper.
My advice to u is to CONSULT A LAWYER to investigate the said property and its history before u part with your money

(1) (Reply)

A 5bd Room Upstairs Wit Penthouse@abeokuta / Hotcake 4 Bdrm Flat 4 LET I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ "Ekki 1 Pictures / FOR SALE: Block Of 6flats @ Ikosi Ketu Lagos(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.