Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,447 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars (16903 Views)

Shock Absorbers And Air Bags (ballon); For Models, Mercedes Benz, Bmw, Range / Hidden Secrets About Buying Cheap Cars From Cotounu! / How Do One Check Air Bags If They Are Functioning While Buying A Toks Car In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by flexdee(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ poster

I am so fascinated about this, kudos
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by princeonx: 9:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
As a matter of fact I can't even remember the last time I got any complain from a customer about a repaired salvaged car that we sold to them cause this are 2,3,4 yrs old cars! Unlike the regular 10,12 yrs old cars that we sell to them and a week later they're calling your phone with one problem or the other. All the same, the best car out there are brand new or certified Pre-owned (eventhough they too also have recall sometimes) but in situation where money is hard to come by, seriously it wont hurt nothing buying like an 08/09 car $7000 cheaper! I can get a second car with that money or build a bungalow But ofcox that's my own take! Anyone that has money for tear rubber shouldn't even be reading this!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 10:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
prince_onx:

. . . .I have 3 cars that are all fixed now but i can not get a title for them because they have to be inspected by highway trooper in about 3 weeks time. . . .And in 3 weeks if anything is found wrong with the repair, you will go and fix it and reschedule for another inspection again! now tell me how many people do that in Nigeria?

Although you are trying to have an argument with me, you and I are basically saying the same thing. A few days ago, I wrote an article here titled "Why Quality Tokunbo Cars Are Scarce In Nigeria". In that article, I specifically stated that the difference between Salvage cars shipped to Nigeria and the ones used in the US is that the ones used in the US have to go for inspection before they are certified road-worthy. On the other hand, nobody inspects the ones shipped to Nigeria.

In your statement above, you said the same thing. Our only disagreement lies in the cost of replacing a deployed airbag. I'm still waiting for your estimate and any evidence you have to back it up.

1 Like

Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Prince Onx,

On the issue of cost of replacing an airbag, I mistook you for oyewolejos who expressed a view contrary to mine on page 1. So ignore that paragraph.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by txswat: 11:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ Poster let me save anyone trying to argue the cost of replacing airbags their breathe. It will definitely cost about $1k - $1.5k to make it functional. I posted a comment on your blog last week about the safety restraints in cars sent to naija. I had someone make a similar argument with me a while back because one of his potential customers asked me about replacing airbags and the cost involved. I did my research through many sources firestone, NTB, etc, and they all gave me similar estimates. It's not just the part there is also extensive labor involved such as getting the airbag sensor to work. BTW he told his customer it was only going to cost $200 to replace it
Most of these crooked dealers just put the cover back (very cheap part depending on the car) on and glue it in so you can't really tell if you're not very savvy. There is a lot of truth in naijas wanting something for next to nothing too but you don't have to feed into the madness just to make a dollar. How about people start showing some integrity and concern for other people's lives.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by princeonx: 11:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
BizBooks:

Although you are trying to have an argument with me, you and I are basically saying the same thing. A few days ago, I wrote an article here titled "Why Quality Tokunbo Cars Are Scarce In Nigeria". In that article, I specifically stated that the difference between Salvage cars shipped to Nigeria and the ones used in the US is that the ones used in the US have to go for inspection before they are certified road-worthy. On the other hand, nobody inspects the ones shipped to Nigeria.

In your statement above, you said the same thing. Our only disagreement lies in the cost of replacing a deployed airbag. I'm still waiting for your estimate and any evidence you have to back it up.
My guy am not trying to argue with you oh at all! I made that clear in my very first post because auto market takes morethan just a car, dealer, and buyer! There are other too many factors that are not only hard to explain but illegal for someone that has a dealers license in their name and am not ready to lose a business card not to talk of my dealer license. That's one of the reasons I don't even step foot into the auto section. It's not just my thing! Secondly dealing with our naija people is hard! Very hard and everyone think you want to step on them to get over and I don't have time for their game. An American will be very happy to get a $12k well rebuilt and inspected car for $4k less ($8k) while a naija man once he heard accident will expect you to sell it or get it for him for $3k! Like someone rightly said, our people want to drive 2011 car for less than N1.5 and they want it to be clean, loaded, and all that! Look, we can go on and on but like I said, am too busy to argue with you especially on cars.
As per the airbag thing, I thought as much too and that also apply to what we're saying. I know a guy that can order and fix an airbag for $700 or less while that same airbag will cost almost $2k to fix at the dealers. Now the cost of the parts (airbag) might be the same, might even come from the same dealer at let's say $550 but the dealer will turn around and spend 5 hours fixing it at maybe $150 an hour. Standard procedures at the delears might include taking out the whole dashboad while this other guy can just take out the steering and in an hour he's done. If yawa gazz you can sue the dealer but this other guy might not even give you an invoice! We can go on and on till Jesus come! Lately everybody that call me from naija now for cars want to talk about mileage and carfax on 99 or 2000 model Accord, sienna or Camry! 12/13yrs old cars? Please!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by princeonx: 11:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
@txswat:
Well said!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by jerryben12: 11:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
True talk poster. The local buyers are cosmetics conscious rather than safety conscious. I do not blame the dealers because the buyers ask for what they get.

My little humble message:

Buyers: Buy what you can afford. If you can use Internet to check email and play games, you can as well use the same Internet to search for the prices of cars and decide based on your pocket. Do not tell dealers to buy a car for you at the price of a bicycle.

Dealers: Be truthful. Say 'no but thanks' to your customers when they decide on price for you. Put safety of your customers to heart.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by calculusx(m): 12:14am On Feb 21, 2012
prince_onx:

" Secondly dealing with our naija people is hard! Very hard and everyone think you want to step on them to get over and I don't have time for their game "
An average Nigerian buyer doesn't care about the safety of what they are buying cos majority of them are more concerned about the exterior part of the Car. I buy and sell clean and salvage cars but Nigerians forget salvage cars are also used in USA and also forgets that a Salvage Title can also be cleaned in USA to make it Clean Title.
As someone has rightly said, there are so many reasons why a car can be labelled Salvage or Total Loss by insurance company and many of them will cost less than $300 to fix. I believe someone who had worked with insurance company in USA has enlighten us more as to how cars are labelled Salvage.
I have seen 2011 Honda Crosstour labelled Salvage simply because of hail damage. I believe buyers and seller need to be more enlightened as no knowledge will be lost. As for air bag deployment, it doesn't come cheap to fix especially the driver side air bag and most airbags may deploy when fixing it if the technician isn't careful.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 21, 2012
Poster thank Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On Feb 21, 2012
I will also add this point. If you know your way around the wires behind the dashboard, i with a solder kit, you can also easily bypass the airbag module light and link it with another module light that turns on and off @ start-up.
The morale of my write-up is, because your airbag light turns on and off on start-up, does not mean, it is functional !!!
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by ebeano(m): 2:24am On Feb 21, 2012
@Prince_onx,

Can I have ur email address or contact. Need to discuss something with u.

Thanks
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by oyewolejos(m): 6:16am On Feb 21, 2012
BizBooks:

It is not enough to say the prices I quoted are outrageous. You should have given your own estimate of what it costs to replace an airbag[b]. Remember, the $1000 estimate I gave is per airbag. So if the driver and passenger airbags deployed, you are looking at around $2000 to replace both.[/b]

An airbag is not something a roadside mechanic can replace. It requires a highly trained technician. A friend of mine was recently given a $2000 estimate to replace the airbag for a 2006 Infiniti FX35.

The larger point I'm trying to make is this: when an insurance company declares a car as salvage, they usually have very good reasons for doing so. So there is nothing like a minor salvage.
Oga send me your address and i will send both airbags to u for less than $500 provided u have someone to fix it. Maybe in your state it might be more expensive but where i am labor is cheap and we have loads of cars on the road so why will anyone sell an airbag for $2000?
How much did i buy the car that i will replace an airbag for 2000$?
Check out prices on ebay, part channels and other online auto stores for better deals.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 21, 2012
nothing like buying a new vehicle
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by gfus: 8:30am On Feb 21, 2012
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by werepeLeri: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2012
OP.

I dont sell cars. But where is your prof that "It is a well known fact that a majority of tokunbo cars brought into Nigeria are salvage or “accidented cars”."

Majority? 90% - 45% - whats the definition of your majority?

If you dont have a proof we can see, then, you might as well close down this thread.

It should not be allowed for anyone to just come in here and make claims that can not be verified.

A used car is a used car. If you buy a used car, you will be a dunce if you think or assume that everything, including air bags, will be working perfectly.

So, use your head, when you buy a Tokunbo car, have it in mind that it has been used previously and not everything will be in perfect working condition, change or work on the ones you can.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by onyxo76(m): 10:03am On Feb 21, 2012
so whats wrong with a car whose airbag indicator is constantly on?
BizBooks:

Relying on the flickering air bag light maybe a mistake. The only way to know for sure if your air bag is working is to hit a fixed object or another car at speed and see if it deploys. Since this is an unrealistic way to test an air bag's functionality, one can safely say as I have said that there is no easy way to test an air bag.

The auto section is filled with used cars purporting to include air bags. Since we know that most of those claims are likely to be untrue, the moral of this thread thus is: drive with care even if you think your air bag is fine.

Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2012
oyewolejos:

Oga send me your address and i will send both airbags to u for less than $500 provided u have someone to fix it. Maybe in your state it might be more expensive but where i am labor is cheap. . . .

If your response is that you will use cheap labour to replace a component as complex as an airbag, then good luck. There is no point in arguing further.

werepeLeri:

OP.
I dont sell cars. But where is your prof that "It is a well known fact that a majority of tokunbo cars brought into Nigeria are salvage or “accidented cars”.". . . .A used car is a used car. If you buy a used car, you will be a dunce if you think or assume that everything, including air bags, will be working perfectly.

This fact is not in dispute. It has been discussed at length in the past and most people in the car business agree. If you ask me, I will say the percentage is around 80 or even 90%. On your second point, if you are selling a car with defective airbags, you have an obligation to disclose that to the buyer even if it is an old car.

onyxo76:

so whats wrong with a car whose airbag indicator is constantly on?

If the airbag indicator light is constantly on, that means the airbag is defective or requires servicing.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by omanzo02: 11:28am On Feb 21, 2012
werepeLeri:

OP.

I dont sell cars. But where is your prof that "It is a well known fact that a majority of tokunbo cars brought into Nigeria are salvage or “accidented cars”."

Majority? 90% - 45% - whats the definition of your majority?

If you dont have a proof we can see, then, you might as well close down this thread.

It should not be allowed for anyone to just come in here and make claims that can not be verified.

A used car is a used car.

Most of the cars shipped to Nigeria are road worthless in europe and cannot pass MOT test, In western europe, if a car exceed 4 years it's bound to undergo a yearly MOT test to accertain it suitability and safety on European roads, especially the exhaust emission, If it does not meet specification on the identity forms, u have 14 days to either repair the damages or take it off the road, failure to do so it would be impounded, u get a fine or go to jail. Then its term as "Export" to third world countries. I only visit the workshop once in a year for regular service work to be done at every 30000km depending on the type of vehicle.

@ topic, every vehicle has an airbag indicator, if it does not illuminate/indicate, the airbag is faulty. period. U can't manipulate it.

@werepeleri,

U need to see a used cars in showrooms here in europe, They call it "nearly new cars", u can used them for years without experiencing any problem till u buy another, servicing is done once in a year, and u get a full year garantee and insurance from the garage or dealer. and guess what? they sell for about the same prices they sell those worthless vehicle in Nigeria.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by bfire(m): 11:36am On Feb 21, 2012
Opinion we make are not facts.

We know little. The assumption that the little we know should represent the truth is misleading.

Buying and re-setting of airbags are not that expensive taking your FX model as example. It's obvious to those that are in the trade that dealers quotes more than the auto shop technicians. And in some states and regions in USA and Canada, you are only allowed to buy airbags from dealers.

Airbags are technically very hard to understand. Most manufacturers over the years had made recalls over the issues of airbags related safety as much as they have done on other related components of a vehicle; be it electrical or mechanical.

These recalls are on newer model as well as on older models.

Your assumptions therefore, that salvage cars are the most likely to have this airbags malfunction is presumptuous and misleading.

The cars you buy that are clean title cars are not totally safe; more like they function on the same basis as the salvage you refer to. Unless you buy the Green Tagged vehicle or certified cars from this same Manheim auction, you are buying as is, where is.

The problem here is you assumes too much. Cars that has less than 2% damages can be referred to as salvage. Salvage is a technical terms used by the Adjuster who in turn follows some trade/profession guidelines to arriving at his conclusion.

There are cars that are: fender/headlamps/bumper/doors only damage; hail, theft recovery, minor flood, vandalized, ignition damage, graffiti, bullet, blood stains damage that are salvage.

There are also vehicles that are heavily damage and are referred to as clean title.

Truth is not hidden on this actually, it's more like a bias assessment of your little understanding. It would have been fear to all that reads your submissions if you tell us how you check or contrasts a salvage airbags, deployed airbags and clean title airbags that makes you arrived at this conclusion.

Nevertheless, airbags safety on cars are very important. They are[b] not[/b] peculiar to salvage cars.

It's a good awareness, though.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
bfire:

Opinion we make are not facts.

We know little. The assumption that the little we know should represent the truth is misleading.

Buying and re-setting of airbags are not that expensive taking your FX model as example. It's obvious to those that are in the trade that dealers quotes more than the auto shop technicians. And in some states and regions in USA and Canada, you are only allowed to buy airbags from dealers. . . .

Well, it is not difficult to understand that luxury cars have complex systems and are more difficult to repair. Let me provide more background on my friend's FX35. It had other problems apart from the airbag. First we took it to Meineke which is a well known workshop that has George Foreman as their promoter. They ran a computer diagnosis and told us they will not be able to fix it. We then took it to a Nissan dealership. They too ran diagnosis and concluded they will not be able to fix it. They advised us to take it to an Infiniti dealership.

When we asked why a Nissan dealership cannot fix a car manufactured by Nissan, they replied that only Infiniti (the makers of the FX35 and a subsidiary of Nissan) has the equipment needed to fix the problems. This is a true story. The point I'm trying to make here is that not all problems can be fixed by cheap local mechanics.

There are several flaws in your argument including the claim that an insurance company will declare a car as salvage because of "fender/headlamps/bumper/doors only damage". As I have said before, this is absolutely untrue. Also when I said "Salvage", I specifically made reference to "accidented cars" which obviously excludes theft recovery, hail damage etc. But I have made my point and no longer have the time to be arguing back and forth on settled matters.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
I forgot to conclude the FX35 story. When we got to Infiniti, they ran some tests and determined what was wrong with the car. They fixed it but it was not cheap.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by werepeLeri: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2012
omanzo02:

Most of the cars shipped to Nigeria are road worthless in europe and cannot pass MOT test, In western europe, if a car exceed 4 years it's bound to undergo a yearly MOT test to accertain it suitability and safety on European roads, especially the exhaust emission, If it does not meet specification on the identity forms, u have 14 days to either repair the damages or take it off the road, failure to do so it would be impounded, u get a fine or go to jail. Then its term as "Export" to third world countries. I only visit the workshop once in a year for regular service work to be done at every 30000km depending on the type of vehicle.

@ topic, every vehicle has an airbag indicator, if it does not illuminate/indicate, the airbag is faulty. period. U can't manipulate it.

@werepeleri,

U need to see a used cars in showrooms here in europe, They call it "nearly new cars", u can used them for years without experiencing any problem till u buy another, servicing is done once in a year, and u get a full year garantee and insurance from the garage or dealer. and guess what? they sell for about the same prices they sell those worthless vehicle in Nigeria.

Bros - dont tell me stories - I have driven over 5 cars in London and I know whats up.

So - the L plate numbers - the W plate numbers, the R plate numbers, they sell in London for £200 - 300£ are nearly new cars? These ones does not even qualify to come to Nigeria because of their age and the age restrictions in Nigeria.

So, the cars that qualify to come to Nigeria are cars with newer plate numbers that cost in the range of £4000 and above. We know the nearly new cars - I bought one of them for 10000pounds back in 2008 - a Mercedes ML 270 - so- its not entirely true that the cars shipped to Nigeria are cars that find it hard to pass MOT tests in Europe.

I dont even know where the statistics come from.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by bfire(m): 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
Check these items: one is a salvage  accidented bumper only. The other is accident clean title.

Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
bfire:

Check these items: one is a salvage  accidented bumper only. The other is accident clean title.

I know by now I must be sounding like a broken record. But let me say it again: an insurance company will not declare a vehicle as salvage because of a mere broken bumper. To the nake.d eye, the Pathfinder you pictured above has only a broken front bumper. But there must be other damages that caused the insurance company to declare it a salvage if that's what it is.

Remember once an insurance company declares a vehicle as salvage, they must give the insured enough money to buy a similar vehicle. So for instance if you crash your 2007 Camry and your insurance company deems it a salvage, they will give you money to buy another 2007 Camry at the going market rate. They will then take possession of the crashed Camry and sell it at a salvage auction. So it is not a decision they make lightly.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by bfire(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
I understand your point.

What criteria then was used by the insurance company to arrive at the clean title for the CRV?
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by txswat: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
For those questioning bizbooks points please let me break it down a little further. An insurance company will not "salvage" a vehicle because of a small bumper damage. @ bfire I know the pathfinder shows bumper damage but trust me even the simple math doesn't make sense. Please keep in mind insurance adjusters work for the insurance company and the insurance company is not in the business of loosing money. With that in mind why would they totally salvage a vehicle and have to pay the fair market value to the owner when the damage can be repaired for a few hundred dollars
Also the insurance adjuster's loyalty is to the company that pays their salary so there is no incentive to work against the hand that feeds them. One more point when you look at certain "small" damage cars there might be significant damage to the frame(skeleton) of the car that might not be obvious on the outside. Next to airbag issues I believe this is the next worst thing with some salvage cars that some naija dealers ignore. When the frame of the car is not properly re-aligned you'll forever have issues. Hope this helps,
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by bfire(m): 5:12pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^
In a way you are right that the insurance companies are not charity organizations.

These Adjusters don't work alone. They rely on the professional estimators who are certify autobody and mechanical technician to arrive at their conclusion.

Those cars you see there are both located in Courtice, ON, Canada. It's an auction company that are selling them. most auction companies allow independent inspectors to carry-out assessment for you on vehicles displayed for sale. You only need to pay a token - from $100.

That pathfinder in question has only bumper damage. Even the bumper bracket, re-bar/re-enforcement is not damaged according to the inspector.

The contention here is that any branded vehicles may have airbags problem as long as it not 130 point certify.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by BizBooks(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
bfire:

I understand your point.

What criteria then was used by the insurance company to arrive at the clean title for the CRV?

I think txswat has explained it better than I could.
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by princeonx: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
BizBooks:
I know by now I must be sounding like a broken record. But let me say it again: an insurance company will not declare a vehicle as salvage because of a mere broken bumper. To the nake.d eye, the Pathfinder you pictured above has only a broken front bumper. But there must be other damages that caused the insurance company to declare it a salvage if that's what it is.Remember once an insurance company declares a vehicle as salvage, they must give the insured enough money to buy a similar vehicle. So for instance if you crash your 2007 Camry and your insurance company deems it a salvage, they will give you money to buy another 2007 Camry at the going market rate. They will then take possession of the crashed Camry and sell it at a salvage auction. So it is not a decision they make lightly.

Bros you're not only sounding like a broken record but like broken one under water! I seriously don't want to comment on this topic again but you kept saying all kind of things that you have no clue or idea about at all. You obviously don't know about salvage cars and you don't know anything not even one about insurance. Like I said before insurance is too complicated and someone like you can not get sh.it out of them. Why do you think people contact lawyers when they want to file insurance claim? You don't think they know the damage to their car? why do you think lawyers start writing you once you're involved in an accident? why does the car rental have like 3-4 types of insurance to offer when you lease their car? have you heard of bumper to bumper insurance? third party insurance? or full coverage insurance? Do you even know that if you rent a car with a major credit card that you really don't need insurance because whatever you buy with that card is automatically insured? I can go on and on till tomorrow.
I don't see how you think you can or know the answers to 400 questions about used or salvage cars! they're used and anything is possible! they can come worst than you're saying or 10 times better! An insurance company can write off a $30,000 car just for a broken headlight! Yes they can. They will not only give you a $30K check but they will also lease another car for like a week for you before you buy another car! why do you think people try to take advantage of insurance company? haven't you heard of insurance fraud? what do you think it is? Personally I've been paying over $300 every month for my insurance for the past 6yrs ($125 from 2000 to 2006) and i have never made any claims! now do the math, how much have they made off me alone? Insurance company don't lose/pay money unless something bad happen and when that happen people want all they can get! I have bought an insurance salvage car without a single dent and all the car needed was an ignition key. You can have your insurance payoff your car just for a broken bumper or headlight if you have full coverage but the catch is, the same insurance will put accident in your driving record and your monthly insurance can go from $70 a month to $190 for the next only God know how long. That's one of the reason why some people don't file insurance claim. They will scare you with all that disadvantages especially the raise in your premium, the point in your drivers licence for 4yrs in my own state and the accident on your driving record for 5yrs in my state. Finally they might offer you $1,500 to $2,000 to fix the car but still turn around and increase your insurance by lets say $30-$50 a month or even drop you completely. men i don taya
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by beamed: 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
Guys I'm on the verge of investing 2m on a nice tokunbo ride. With all these I'm reading I guess I should just stay away and keep driving my baby boy and compliment it with staff bus. Haba Naija,
Re: The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars by princeonx: 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
prince_onx:

Bros you're not only sounding like a broken record but like broken one under water! I seriously don't want to comment on this topic again but you kept saying all kind of things that you have no clue or idea about at all. You obviously don't know about salvage cars and you don't know anything not even one about insurance. Like I said before insurance is too complicated and someone like you can not get sh.it out of them. Why do you think people contact lawyers when they want to file insurance claim? You don't think they know the damage to their car? why do you think lawyers start writing you once you're involved in an accident? why does the car rental have like 3-4 types of insurance to offer when you lease their car? have you heard of bumper to bumper insurance? third party insurance? or full coverage insurance? Do you even know that if you rent a car with a major credit card that you really don't need insurance because whatever you buy with that card is automatically insured? I can go on and on till tomorrow.
I don't see how you think you can or know the answers to 400 questions about used or salvage cars! they're used and anything is possible! they can come worst than you're saying or 10 times better! An insurance company can write off a $30,000 car just for a broken headlight! Yes they can. They will not only give you a $30K check but they will also lease another car for like a week for you before you buy another car! why do you think people try to take advantage of insurance company? haven't you heard of insurance fraud? what do you think it is? Personally I've been paying over $300 every month for my insurance for the past 6yrs ($125 from 2000 to 2006) and i have never made any claims! now do the math, how much have they made off me alone? Insurance company don't lose/pay money unless something bad happen and when that happen people want all they can get! I have bought an insurance salvage car without a single dent and all the car needed was an ignition key. You can have your insurance payoff your car just for a broken bumper or headlight if you have full coverage but the catch is, the same insurance will put accident in your driving record and your monthly insurance can go from $70 a month to $190 for the next only God know how long. That's one of the reason why some people don't file insurance claim. They will scare you with all that disadvantages especially the raise in your premium, the point in your drivers licence for 4yrs in my own state and the accident on your driving record for 5yrs in my state. Finally they might offer you $1,500 to $2,000 to fix the car but still turn around and increase your insurance by lets say $30-$50 a month or even drop you completely. men i don taya

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Valvoline, Castrol Edge, Mobil 1 - 0W20, 5W20, 5W30, 5W40 & 10W40 / The Misdiagnosed & The Weird At Milex/Carquest/Rad Auto Works / Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.