Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? (6553 Views)

Father Mbaka Moved To A New Parish As Assistant Parish Priest / Keys For A Happy Marriage- A Christain Perspective / God Is Not Democratic, Why Should You As A Christain Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by topsy1971: 1:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
Practising astrology does not have negative effects on christianity. Christianity is a relationship between you and your God. Those who sees christianity as religion are the confusionists and problem-creating hypocrites. Coming to astrology, it is an edge given by God to mankind to make human beings assume a more Godly form. Remember God created us in his own image, and if we remove sins and relate with him as HE expects, we can see beyond our physical nature. Astrology is a science practised by the ancients including Moses. They were revealed to him on mount Sinai by God HIMSELF so as to know the future and take decisions to guide the Isrealites.

None of the teacherS of astrology, both ancient and mordern ever denied the existent of God and man's irrevocable command from God to serve HIM. William Lilly and Ptolemy are renowned astrology authorities. They always mentioned that only God can change what astrology has revealed to happen. Some people says astrology is idolatory. Which Idols are being worshipped?

Astrology centres around using the position of the stars, planets, their positions in the zodiac and aspects between them to determine what God wants to do immediately or in the near or far future. It is a secret that selfish people will always discourage you from knowing because you can never be deceived once you are versed in it. Your state of purity and cleanliness determines the extent to which secrets can be revealed to you.

I know when to travel, invest, quit my job for another one, start a business and even determine whether a sick person will survive or not. I can use anybody's birthday and birth location to determine his financial prospects and his natural areas of excellence or failure. Those who are more learned can determine lifespan but not actual death time.(Only Gods determines that).

There is a question that people often ask: If my destiny is already fixed by my horoscope, why do i need to pray?? You need to pray and still serve God to change your bad destiny to Good one. Remember when King Hezekiah was destined to die, he prayed to God and God added 15 years to his life.

The horoscope is real and revealing.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 22, 2012
No
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by sleekman(m): 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2012
All those who say astrology is of d devil pls can u all stop using time as a means of measure because that in itself is astrology. I repeat astrology has absolutely nothing to do with anything fetish. It's all classification of traits and mathematics. If ure into management you know for sure that there are forecasting technics employed to either predict d amount of production to be made or d peak seasons etc. Astrology cannot predict with absolute certainty that events will happen but just like anyother scientific method it can try to pinpoint based on natural law that certain things might happen. Would u call anyone that thinks to a high degree of probability that a certain event will happen is practicing divination? If so then we all practice divination. If for instance I tell you based on ur natal charts that people who have saturn in d seventh house suffer from addiction would u then go on to experiment with drugs? Astrology helps u know urself. Last year a client of mine came for her natal and transit reading & I saw there that she has a health problem that was related to her abdomen and that she should check d problem early. She was very surprised and did as I told her. Anoda of my friend I advised to be more prayerful because he is entering a turbulent period in his life that will last for 3.5yrs. He got closer to God, lost quite a lot but because he expected it he weathered d storm beautifully and got out.
I'm a full believer and my faith is unwaivering with d assurances of d Lord by me. Furthermore, nothing is permanent because only d Lord can change a situation. I once saw that I going to lose a lot of money in trading but prayed and fasted. The day I was to trade oil futures because I tot my signals were confirming a buy. I clicked on buy and my PC froze. By d time I restarted d PC which took about 10mins to start up d market was 300% down.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by PastorAIO: 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
Horus:

The word Horoscope come from Horus-scope. For three days, the sun is fixed on the sundial at the same place. It then moves again in the lunar logging in the 25th points in December; this was its rebirth, the sun was reborn. It begins its annual journey in the lunar logging in the 25th point in December. As you know, within the false religion of Christianity, you are taught that Jesus was supposedly born in the lunar logging in the 25th point in December. This is all symbolic of the sun in Egypt that was born or reborn. It's called solar biology or simply Horus-scope, horoscope.
igbo2011:

This man is an intellectual. This was talked about in Zeitgeist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE

In Greek mythology the Horae (play /ˈhɔːriː/ or /ˈhɔːraɪ/) or[b] Hours[/b] (Greek: Ὧραι, Hōrai, pronounced [hɔ̂ːraj], "seasons"wink were the goddesses of the seasons and the natural portions of time.[1] They were originally the personifications of nature in its different seasonal aspects, but in later times they were regarded as goddessess of order in general and natural justice. "They bring and bestow ripeness, they come and go in accordance with the firm law of the periodicities of nature and of life", Karl Kerenyi observed: "Hora means 'the correct moment'."[2] Traditionally, they guarded the gates of Olympus, promoted the fertility of the earth, and rallied the stars and constellations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horae

Horo- in horoscope comes from the same source as our word for time, 'hours'. Igbo2011, if you want to be an intellectual then you have to follow up references. IT is not enough to watch a film. you have to follow up the references made in the film. If you did that then you'd be aware that most of zeitgeist is actually rubbish. Then you'd be worthy of the name 'an intellectual'.

and for those who are afraid of the fact that Horos-scope sounds like Horror- scope, you have to throw away your watches and clocks and anything to do with Horology.

Horology (from Greek: ὥρα, "hour, time" and Greek: λόγος, logos, "study, speech"; lit. the study of time) is the art or science of measuring time. Clocks, watches, clockwork, sundials, clepsydras, timers, time recorders and marine chronometers are all examples of instruments used to measure time.

People interested in horology are called horologists. That term is used both by people who deal professionally with timekeeping apparatus (watchmakers, clockmakers), as well as aficionados and scholars of horology. Horology and horologists have numerous organizations, both professional associations and more scholarly societies.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by PastorAIO: 2:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
joinnow:

God condemns astrologyScience knows of no such force. If astrology works at all, it would have to work with a force, or forces, outside of the “real universe.” But remembering that astrology has its roots in ancient Babylon, where the stars and planets were worshiped as gods, it should not be surprising that the source of its influence is not from the “real universe” but from the supernatural.
The Power Behind Astrology[b]
The Bible shows that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one,” Satan the Devil, who is an invisible but powerful spirit creature capable of controlling and manipulating people and events on earth. (1 John 5:19) By maneuvering things to make certain predictions appear to come true, Satan and the demons have successfully captured the people’s fancy and turned astrology into a cult.
[/b]
Significantly, though, what sort of predictions are those that have supposedly come true? Are they not mostly about death, murders, assassinations, disasters—things sinister and macabre, characteristically satanic and demonic? The simple truth is that astrology is one of “the machinations of the Devil” that he uses to control and influence people to serve his purpose.—Ephesians 6:11.

What is that purpose? “The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ,” answers the Bible. (2 Corinthians 4:4, Revised Standard Version) To that end, astrology has served its master well. Australian astrophysicist Vince Ford observed: “Astrology has become a sort of a religion but it is quite unprovable . . . All I can say is that I’m sorry those who believe in it don’t take responsibility for their actions rather than blaming them on the poor old stars.”
In the eighth century B.C.E., the prophet Isaiah was inspired to issue a taunting challenge to the astrologers: “Let them stand up, now, and save you, the worshipers of the heavens, the lookers at the stars, those giving out knowledge at the new moons concerning the things that will come upon you.”—Isaiah 47:13.

One who believes in astrology gives in to the fatalistic view that ‘whatever will be will be’ because ‘it is written in the stars.’ This is tantamount to denying the will of God or the responsibility of humans to act according to that will.
So rather than look to the stars for signs and omens to guide our lives, what can we learn from the stars? Yes, what can the stars tell us? The next article offers an answer.

Why said that science recognises no force used in astrology? Please explain yourself further.

The Bible shows that “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one,” Satan the Devil, who is an invisible but powerful spirit creature capable of controlling and manipulating people and events on earth. (1 John 5:19) By maneuvering things to make certain predictions appear to come true, Satan and the demons have successfully captured the people’s fancy and turned astrology into a cult.

So, is gravity and electromagnetism also lying in the power of the wicked one. in that case switch off your computer fast and no tv, or radio either.

How do predicttions appear to come true? Is it not that they either become true or they don't.

Sometimes I despair at how backward and superstitious my people are.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by plaetton: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
It always amazes me that of all the religions I have come across, christians seem to know the least about their religion. I always wonder why that is so.
Astrology lies at the root of most  religious lore , doctines and practices. Most of religious lore that we see as historical events are actually metaphors for the movement of the sun, the moon and all the other heavenly bodies and their relationships and effects on the earth and all that is within it.
Contrary to what many posters are denying, the early Catholic church( the mother church) was deeply involved in astorology and probably still does.
The Vatican city is full of astrological symbols.

Just take a look at this. 

http://blog.medicinegarden.com/2011/06/zodiac-signs-in-a-catholic-church/
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by joinnow: 2:54pm On Feb 22, 2012
The earliest astrologers imagined that the earth was the center of the universe and that the planets and stars were locked in a series of progressively larger celestial spheres that rotated around the earth. They also thought that the sun traveled through the sky among the stars and constellations along a specific path in a yearly journey. They called the apparent path of the sun the ecliptic and divided it into 12 zones, or segments. Each segment was named after the constellation in it through which the sun passed. Thus came into being the 12 signs of the zodiac. These zones, or “houses of heaven,” were considered to be the abodes of specific deities. Of course, in time, scientists learned that the sun does not travel around the earth but the earth travels around the sun. That discovery dealt astrology its deathblow as a science.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by plaetton: 3:10pm On Feb 22, 2012
Not so. Historically,it appears that much older civilizations had more scientific knowledge than latter ones. The summerian, Egyptians and babilonians understood that the planest moved around the sun. It was much later in the middles ages in Europe that much ancient booksk and knowledge were lost through wars and religious prohibitions. So it would seem that much of mankind regressed in knowledge.

The reason that astrology is not taken seriously is because it is too complex and requires much calculations and all manners subjective interpretations. And ofcourse, there is no standard method of measuring the results.
Therefore it cannot meet the rigit threshold of the scientific method, and only exists in the periphery of science.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Ptolomeus(m): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
Jonah-Fish:

The reason why religious violence would not cease is because if fanaticism. Simple question: "Should A Christian Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction?" and somebody is discussing denominations, mentioning Catholics. I've just gone through Wikipedia on the Book of St. Cyprian and discovered that even the Catholic Church forbids its members fro reading it. You can check it out for yourself below:

The Great Book of Saint Cyprian
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

estimate:
St. Cyprian of Carthage (Thaschus Cyprianus) III century BC
Bishop and saint of the Catholic Church, besides Mage and Warlock ,
Since Wilkipedia been consulted, we should read the history of this "holy".
The Catholic Church forbids many things, but in this case canonized a magician and sorcerer.
I just did what I meant ,
My respects.

dave247:

Ptolomess!!! Are you a Catholic Christian or u just dey talk? Plz, speak of what you believe, catholics do not believe in "Horoscope"!!! It make you feel Bad when your is being decide by predictions. That stuff is Associated wit fortune tellers n d Bible kick against dat, so live ur life 2 honour God n believe his ur everything, No hard Feelins Man, Thanx Always!
That's your opinion and I respect it.
But I forgive you if I do not agree.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by plaetton: 3:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
But is astrology real?

Lets engage in question and answer quiz and see what conclusions we can draw.

1.Q.  Is the earth, the moon, the sun and the other planest and stars in motion relative to one another?
Ans. - Yes
2.Q.  Are all these bodies exerting gravitational tug and pull at each other?
Ans.- Yes.
3. Q.Do the gravitational forces of the other bodies affect the earth, and by extension, everything on the earth, especially organic life?
Ans. Yes.
4. Q. For example, does the gravitational pull of the moon affect the ocean tides(water) ? If yes, does the moon affect the human body since human body is abt. 75% water?
5. Ans- Yes.
6. Q. Does the sun's radiation affect life on earth?
Ans- Big Yes
7. Q. Are there periodic (every 28 days) variations of the sun's electromagnetic radiation?
Ans-yes.
8. Q. Are these electromagnetic radiations modulated by the earht's magnetic shield, the moon's gravity and the gravitation pulls of all the moving heavely bodies?
Ans- Yes.
9. Q. With all the above, can we say that all the planetary bodies interact to give the earth  different modulated doses of electromagnetic radiation every month?
Ans- Yes.

10. Q. Is it a fact that the sun's radiation directly acts on our pitituary glands and regulates the release of hormones in our bodies? and that hormones regulate fertility, moods and behaiour?
Ans- Yes
11. Q. Does electromagnetic radiation affect Embryonic cells and DNA?
Ans- Yes.
12. Q. Can a specific type of electromagnetic radiation leave permanent imprint or slight mutation of an embryionic DNA ?
Ans_Yes.
13. With all the above, would it be safe to say that, every month, the electromagnetic radiations hitting the earth  leave their permantent imprints or mutations on embryionic cell DNA, and that these imprints probably cause certain DNA characteristics or dispositions on the newly formed embryo?
Ans- Most likely.

By conjecture, that strand of DNA would forever be subject to the influences of that peculiar blend of electromagnetic radiation that was present at its formation. Therefore people concieved and born on the same month tend to share very similar behavioral characteristics and influeneced by the same periodic radiations.

Reach your own conclusions.
grin
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 3:56pm On Feb 22, 2012
plaetton:

But is astrology real?

Lets engage in question and answer quiz and see what conclusions we can draw.

1.Q.  Is the earth, the moon, the sun and the other planest and stars in motion relative to one another?
Ans. - Yes
2.Q.  Are all these bodies exerting gravitational tug and pull at each other?
Ans.- Yes.
3. Q.Do the gravitational forces of the other bodies affect the earth, and by extension, everything on the earth, especially organic life?
Ans. Yes.
4. Q. For example, does the gravitational pull of the moon affect the ocean tides(water) ? If yes, does the moon affect the human body since human body is abt. 75% water?
5. Ans- Yes.
6. Q. Does the sun's radiation affect life on earth?
Ans- Big Yes
7. Q. Are there periodic (every 28 days) variations of the sun's electromagnetic radiation?
Ans-yes.
8. Q. Are these electromagnetic radiations modulated by the earht's magnetic shield, the moon's gravity and the gravitation pulls of all the moving heavely bodies?
Ans- Yes.
9. Q. With all the above, can we say that all the planetary bodies interact to give the earth  different modulated doses of electromagnetic radiation every month?
Ans- Yes.

10. Q. Is it a fact that the sun's radiation directly acts on our pitituary glands and regulates the release of hormones in our bodies? and that hormones regulate fertility, moods and behaiour?
Ans- Yes
11. Q. Does electromagnetic radiation affect Embryonic cells and DNA?
Ans- Yes.
12. Q. Can a specific type of electromagnetic radiation leave permanent imprint or slight mutation of an embryionic DNA ?
Ans_Yes.
13. With all the above, would it be safe to say that, every month, the electromagnetic radiations hitting the earth  leave their permantent imprints or mutations on embryionic cell DNA, and that these imprints probably cause certain DNA characteristics or dispositions on the newly formed embryo?
Ans- Most likely.

By conjecture, that strand of DNA would forever be subject to the influences of that peculiar blend of electromagnetic radiation that was present at its formation. Therefore people concieved and born on the same month tend to share very similar behavioral characteristics and influeneced by the same periodic radiations.

Reach your own conclusions.
grin

Nice One
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 3:58pm On Feb 22, 2012
plaetton:

It always amazes me that of all the religions I have come across, christians seem to know the least about their religion. I always wonder why that is so.
Astrology lies at the root of most  religious lore , doctines and practices. Most of religious lore that we see as historical events are actually metaphors for the movement of the sun, the moon and all the other heavenly bodies and their relationships and effects on the earth and all that is within it.
Contrary to what many posters are denying, the early Catholic church( the mother church) was deeply involved in astorology and probably still does.
The Vatican city is full of astrological symbols.

Just take a look at this. 

http://blog.medicinegarden.com/2011/06/zodiac-signs-in-a-catholic-church/

The catholic church have had pacts with astrology even with paintings and statues but most "Church-going Catholics" will deny it
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by plaetton: 4:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
[b]Sun Cycles and the rise and fall of human civilizati[/b]ons:

The recent Solar Maximum gives us a wonderful opportunity to observe the Sun in action. Borderland sciences has been investigating the relationship of the Sun and human behaviour for many years, and we are quite confident that we can predict behaviours based on sunspot fluctuations over very short and long durations within the Solar Cycle of 11 years. Historically, research has been conducted to link the 11 year cycle of the sun to changes in human behavior and society. The most famous research had been done by professor A.L. Tchijevsky, a Russian scientist, who presented a paper to the American Meteorological Society at Philadelphia in the late 19th century. He prepared a study of the history of mass human movement compared to the solar cycle, beginning with the division of the Solar cycle into four parts: 1) Minimum sunspot activity; 2) increasing sunspot activity; 3) maximum sunspot activity; 4) Decreasing sunspot activity. He then divided up the agitation of mass human movements into five phases:

1.provoking influence of leaders upon masses
2.the “exciting” effect of emphasized ideas upon the masses
3.the velocity of incitability due to the presence of a single psychic center
4.the extensive areas covered by mass movements
5.Integration and individualization of the masses
By these comparisons he constructed an “Index of Mass Human Excitability” covering each year from 500 B.C. to 1922 A.D. He investigated the histories of 72 countries in that period, noting signs of human unrest such as wars, revolutions, riots, expeditions and migrations, plus the number of humans involved. Tchijevsky found that fully 80% of the most significant events occurred during the years of maximum sunspot activity. He maintained that the “exciting” period may be explained by an acute change in the nervous and psychic character of humanity, which takes place at sunspot maxima.

Tchijevsky discovered that the solar minimum is the lag period when repression is tolerated by the masses, as if they lacked the vital energy to make the needed changes. He found that during the sunspot maximum, the movement of humans is also at its peak. Tchijevsky’s study is the foundation of sunspot theory on human behavior, and as Harlan True Stetson, in his book Sunspots and Their Effects (available from BSRF), stated, “Until, however, someone can arrive at a more convincing excitability quotient for mass movements than professor Tchijevsky appears yet to have done, scientists will be reluctant to subscribe to all the conclusions which he sets forth.” Stetson did acknowledge that the mechanism by which ultraviolet radiation is absorbed was still a puzzle biologists had to solve.

The mechanism behind the stimulation of human behavior is still a mystery, but the theories of Georges Lakhovsky may shed some light. He considered his book, “The Secret of Life” (reprinted by BSRF), the extension of a scientific hypothesis of a new theory of life. The Sun is one of Earth’s primary sources of cosmic radiation. While the Sun does produce its own radiations, solar winds actually capture passing cosmic dust and radiation and blow it into the earth’s atmosphere. While it may seem frightening to some, this can actually be considered the Primal Vibration that sets the cells vibrating with Vital Force. This is the Prana, that Cosmic Breath, which is meant to vitalize man, and is the source for our evolution.

Dr. George Crile, a distinguished American surgeon, studied the sun in light of its radiant energy. In the ‘Preliminary Remarks’ to Lakhovsky’s The Secret of Life, Professor d’Arsonval quotes Crile: “It is clear that radiation produces the electrical current which operates adaptively the organism as a whole, producing memory, reason, imagination, emotion, the special senses, secretions, muscular action, the response to infection, normal growth, and the growth of benign tumours and cancers, all of which are governed adaptively by the electric charges that are generated by the short wave or ionizing radiation in protoplasm.”

He felt that the entire energy system of living beings is controlled by radiant energy and electrical forces. D’Arsonval points out that Lakhovsky and Crile found that living cells are electrical cells functioning as system of generators, inductance lines, and insulators. The underlying mechanism is the oscillating circuit. An oscillating circuit is a circuit containing inductance and capacity, which when supplied energy from an external source, is set in electrical vibration and oscillates at its natural frequency. D’Arsonval explains further that a conductor is said to possess inductance if a current flowing through it causes a magnetic field to be set up round it. The capacity of a condenser of an isolated body is a measure of the charge of the quantity of electricity it is capable of storing. From such a circuit, energy is readily given off in the form of waves. According to Lakhovsky, the nucleus of a living cell may be compared to an electrical oscillating circuit. The nucleus consists of tubular filaments, chromosomes, mitochondria, made up of insulating material and filled with a conducting fluid containing all the mineral salts found in sea water. These filaments are thus comparable to oscillating circuits endowed with capacity according to a specific frequency.

The cosmic radiation from the Sun is a blessing of Vital Force. As Lakhovsky has postulated, it is the cosmic radiations that give the cells their vibrant oscillations. While the sunspot maxima is occurring, the solar flares and the subsequent geo-magnetic reactions effect the many subtle reactions that take place within our bodies at the atomic level. It has been theorized that this has a direct relationship to the metabolism of the body. We know it is the subtle magnetism of positive and negative charges that pulls certain particles across membranes in cells to produce energy. These magnetic exchanges result in the stimulation of enzymes and the production of energy like ATP. The increase of penetrating waves during a solar storm causes an excitation in these electro-chemical reactions within the body. Tchijevsky also identified correlations between changes in solar magnetic activity with biological processes. In light of Lakhovsky’s theory in his own words, “…with the aid of elementary analogies, that the cell, essential organic unit in all living beings, is nothing but an electromagnetic resonator, capable of emitting and absorbing radiations of very high frequency.” A plausible mechanism is provided to understanding the stimulating effects the radiation from the Sun has on human behavior. In an abstract entitled “Automated Experiment on Macro-fluctuation Monitoring” Bruns A.V.& Visolimsky B.M. also find a close relationship with the solar activity and bio-chemical reactions. “Phenomenologically obtained data could be treated like an effect of the surface (controlled by solar activity) on the physico-chemical kinetics. This effect was realized, evidently through the mechanisms close to nuclear magnetic resonance in geomagnetic field.” In another historical study Suitbert Ertel writes in his article “Synchronous Bursts of Activity in Independent Cultures; Evidence for Extraterrestrial Connections” that evidence has been reported suggesting a link between historical oscillations of scientific creativity and solar cyclic variation. Eddy’s discovery of abnormal secular periods of solar inactivity (Maunders minimum type) offered the opportunity to put the present hypothesis to a crucial test. Using time series of flourish years of creators in science, literature, and painting (A.D. 600-1800) It was found as expected:

1.Cultural flourish curves show marked discontinuities (bursts) after the onset of secular solar excursions synchronously in Europe and China;
2.during periods of extended solar excursions, bursts of creativity in painting, literature, and science succeeded one another with lags of about 10-15 years;
3.The reported regularities of cultural output are prominent throughout with eminent creators. They decrease with ordinary professionals. The hypothesized extraterrestrial connection of human culture has thus been strengthened.
The evidence seems to show that during the maxima of sunspot activity human behavior is stimulated.

There is some Russian research that shows an increase in cardiac problems during sunspot maxima. The solar activity probably sets off a preexisting condition and no one is suggesting that people will drop dead in the streets. We could see the stress of solar activity on the biology of living things as an evolutionary agent weeding out the old and sick and strengthening those who can resonate with its radiations. In his ‘Preliminary remarks to Lakhovsky’s The Secret of Life the Professor d’Arsonval gives several examples of research done in the last hundred years that shows the most malefic effects from solar activity come at the sunspot minima. He notes from the British Medical Journal, March 7th & 14th of 1936 that both Colonel C.A. Gill and Dr. Conyers Morrel found increases in pandemics of deadly diseases during the period of minimal sunspot activity. In Gill’s study he showed that every pandemic of malaria since sunspot records were taken had occurred when sunspot numbers were lowest. Similar trends were observed in East Africa and elsewhere with Yellow fever epidemics since 1800 occur during the sunspot minima. Dr. Conyers Morrel also finds that, “…waves of epidemic diseases covering considerable periods exhibit a very close correspondence with the phases of sunspot periods. Diphtheria, Typhus, and Dysentery seemed to prosper when there was an absence of solar activity. We also see an increase in disease in Solco W. Tromp’s study. Without the stimulation from the Sun human health seems to diminish. The immune system seems to grow unresponsive during the solar lull and diseases can more easily gain a foothold in the body. Not only human health but Life itself seems hampered by the lack of solar activity. William Hershel wrote in 1801, “It seems probable analyzing the period between 1650 and 1713, and judging by the normal yields of wheat, that a scarcity of vegetation occurred whenever the sun appeared to be free from spots.” The depressed state of metabolism and lack of food in agricultural centers may have seemed very inviting to the Mongols. Goncharov, in an abstract on the “Asian Nomadic Invasions and Solar Cycles”, aid, “From the 4th to the 16th centuries the Central Asian Steepe was the cradle of the series of great nomadic tribal invasions into agricultural regions of Europe, China, and South Asia. Those invasions had similar features. They arose in middle latitudes and recurred every 160-220 years – exactly after solar abatements.”
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by plaetton: 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2012
Further more,
In the eventaulity that humans leave this planet to a distant planet like Venus, Mars, Neptune etc, to settle and breed, the embryonic DNA would be subject to different configurations of electromagnetic radiation, both in duration and intensity due to many factors such as the planets magnetic shield, motion speed, its gravitational strength and hose of its many moons, and the proximity of other large celestial bodies.
In other words, the resultant embryo would be mutated to such an extent that you would have a completely new species of humans.
If we travel to another star system with a different sun that ours, the genetic changes in the new ebryo would be so profound that it would something completely different from human.

So , do not look down on the ancients who worshipped the sun. Being the most visible proxy for an invisible god,they had a very good reason for doing so.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by brasas: 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2012
I wonder why people will just b out criticizing others. If you read your bible very well you'll know what it says about judging others. A simple question is asked and a person who thinks he/she knows all starts calling names. Salvation is a personal thing so if you know of any church or think any church is bad and not good for you, then go to that which is all holy and good for you. Everyman on his own.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by kodewrita(m): 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
Guys we stumbled into a coven of astrologers. Off this thread now.the truth resides not here but they pervert it to serve their own ends. Clearly the poster had this in mind when creating the post. He meant to have a platform to sound off on astrology and market a dangerous philosophy to the weak in faith.

the bible is explicit

…For you have trusted in your wickedness… Therefore evil shall come upon you… trouble shall fall upon you… Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, And the monthly prognosticators stand up and save you from what shall come upon you. Behold, they shall be as stubble, The fire shall burn them; They shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame…   -Isaiah 47:10-14a

9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or anecromancer.12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Deut 18:9-12
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Enigma(m): 12:57am On Feb 23, 2012
                                                James
                                          You see, Derek, I'm some-
                                          thing of an amateur
                                          horologist.

Del
                                                  (Quietly)
                                          I thought it was too good
                                          to be true. Now he's gonna
                                          tell our bloody fortune.

Rodney
                                          No, an horologist. It means
                                          an expert in watches.

Del
                                          Oh, that sort of horologist.
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by Horus(m): 1:38am On Feb 23, 2012
Pastor AIO:

In Greek mythology the Horae (play /ˈhɔːriː/ or /ˈhɔːraɪ/) or[b] Hours[/b] (Greek: Ὧραι, Hōrai, pronounced [hɔ̂ːraj], "seasons"wink were the goddesses of the seasons and the natural portions of time.[1] They were originally the personifications of nature in its different seasonal aspects, but in later times they were regarded as goddessess of order in general and natural justice. "They bring and bestow ripeness, they come and go in accordance with the firm law of the periodicities of nature and of life", Karl Kerenyi observed: "Hora means 'the correct moment'."[2] Traditionally, they guarded the gates of Olympus, promoted the fertility of the earth, and rallied the stars and constellations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horae

Horo- in horoscope comes from the same source as our word for time, 'hours'.  Igbo2011, if you want to be an intellectual then you have to follow up references.  IT is not enough to watch a film.  you have to follow up the references made in the film.  If you did that then you'd be aware that most of zeitgeist is actually rubbish.  Then you'd be worthy of the name 'an intellectual'. 

and for those who are afraid of the fact that Horos-scope sounds like Horror- scope, you have to throw away your watches and clocks and anything to do with Horology.

Horology (from Greek: ὥρα, "hour, time" and Greek: λόγος, logos, "study, speech"; lit. the study of time) is the art or science of measuring time. Clocks, watches, clockwork, sundials, clepsydras, timers, time recorders and marine chronometers are all examples of instruments used to measure time.

People interested in horology are called horologists. That term is used both by people who deal professionally with timekeeping apparatus (watchmakers, clockmakers), as well as aficionados and scholars of horology. Horology and horologists have numerous organizations, both professional associations and more scholarly societies.

Stop worshiping your European master, you are talking here about Greek mythology. Now stop and think one second and ask yourself the following questions:
1- Who was here on earth thousands of years before the Greek?
2- Who know about astrology and astronomy thousands of years before the Greek even existed on this planet?
3- In which country of Africa the Greek went to study astrology and astronomy?

The Denderah Zodiac (Picture below) existed thousands of years before your Greeks even existed, he was discovered above on the ceiling in the temple of Hat Hor in Tamare (Egypt) Africa. The calendar year was partitioned by 36 decans that were each 10 days in duration. In addition, three decans make up each of the 12 zodiacal houses. The three decans that are associated with each of the 12 Zodiacal houses, occupy a distance of 30 degrees along the circle. Each decan exhibits a unique star constellation in conjunction with its emotional intelligence

The Denderah Zodiac was discovered above on the ceiling in the temple of Hat Hor in Tamare (Egypt)
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mshollis: 5:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
Lately since getting married having a baby and being evicted from the apartment i have looked to the horoscope looking for the next bad thing or hoping for a good thing to happen.... i knew it was wrong but since reading this I'm going back into my Bible and God for understanding. Please forgive me. I strongly feel by my actions my family and my marriage of 7 months has been affected. Lord please forgive me of my sins help me to lean and surrender my whole being to You Lord. Jesus did not die for no reason He died for me and everyone on this planet. Thank You Lord for letting me see the light again and putting me on the right path. In Jesus name Amen. cry
Re: Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? by mkmyers45(m): 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2012
mshollis: Lately since getting married having a baby and being evicted from the apartment i have looked to the horoscope looking for the next bad thing or hoping for a good thing to happen.... i knew it was wrong but since reading this I'm going back into my Bible and God for understanding. Please forgive me. I strongly feel by my actions my family and my marriage of 7 months has been affected. Lord please forgive me of my sins help me to lean and surrender my whole being to You Lord. Jesus did not die for no reason He died for me and everyone on this planet. Thank You Lord for letting me see the light again and putting me on the right path. In Jesus name Amen. cry
You did nothing wrong..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Orr Shocks His Congregation As He Flies Into Church During Service / Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... / Nigeria-guinea Next Saturday (0-1) Today's Prophesy By T.b. Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.