Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It (16054 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Is It Right For Mothers To Tongue Kiss Children (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by mygirrl: 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2012
@sienna

Jesus is the way the truth and the light. so only through Jesus can we go to Heaven, if we accept him as our lord and savior. After accepting him we study his word so that we can be more like him and manifest the gifts of the spirit, being love, joy peace, patience, including speaking in tongues
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
mygirrl:

@sienna

Jesus is the way the truth and the light. so only through Jesus can we go to Heaven, if we accept him as our lord and savior. After accepting him we study his word so that we can be more like him and manifest the gifts of the spirit, being love, joy peace, patience, including speaking in tongues

You haven't answered my question though. Are those who don't "speak in tongues" doomed to hell? I'm just curious.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hahaha wow how can you call yourself a christian in the latter day and not know that "On that day I will pour my spirit upon all flesh". Sounds like YOU should go to HER church.  cheesy
You sound very lukewarm yourself.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by mygirrl: 9:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
God is more interested in the heart of man but if your heart is in tune with God's word then you will exhibit all bis gifts
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkebp(f): 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
Siena:

You haven't answered my question though. Are those who don't "speak in tongues" doomed to hell? I'm just curious.

Nope, they are not doomed for hell.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
ronkebp:

Nope, they are not doomed for hell.

Thanks Ronke, for clearing that up.

Mygirrl's just dodging the issue, a simple yes or no would have done, instead I got an essay.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ronkebp(f): 9:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
^^^ you are welcome!! any other question? smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2012
ronkebp:

^^^ you are welcome!! any other question? smiley smiley smiley

Sure! Any idea what the winning lottery numbers would be this weekend? wink
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by violent(m): 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
Those blaming the OP should get a grip, you wouldn't be very comfy if your husband wakes up every morning  and speaks Mandrain.  OP and his wife got married in the first place because they understood each other and can communicate effectively.  If one of them breaks the communication link between them by speaking/praying all the time, in a language that the other does not understand, then you expect that there may be trouble.

And no, this has nothing to do with darkness or being in the world as some donkey mentioned in an earlier post, it's just natural preferences.  I want to be sure it's my wife that is still in there. .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by andyanders: 10:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
Poster, understand that many people are praying for a wife, who is spiritually strong as this world is full of demonic forces. Since this is your wedded wife, sit her down and discuss this issue with her. If God wants to use her, you do not be an obstacle, rather help her stand.

I have same problem. My wife speaks in tongues and and at the same time prophecy of which, I have never done either of these gifts. I cannot speak in tongues and have never seen any vision.Some times, I will just be looking at her speaking in tongues, but to be candid with you, she has been the pillar of my been alive today as she  has given me several prophecies that had saved my life.

In fact, at a point, she told me that she wants to attend Bible  school and I have to allow her be. Right now, she will be rounding up her program. I cannot be a blocking stone to God's work.

Initially, I was confused but having a family, I will not because of her love for Christ, cast her away. I have a wonderful family and we pray together. I do sometimes, advise her if I notice anything  by discussing any issue I don't feel comfortable with and we resolve it.

Allow her to be. The only difference here is your worshiping apart. Try to resolve this issue with her on a peaceful manner. Do not be harsh on her. Sometimes, when they are in spirit, keep praying within you and allow her until she is through. Sometimes, when I come to my wife's room and notice her calm, I take an excuse and allow her be. Try and join her whenever she is praying if you have time. If you fight her, you are fighting God.God can use anybody. Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
Even as a christian, i have a serious problem with christians who claim to be "speaking in tongues" but have no understanding of what they say or the bible's clear and direct instructions on the role that tongues should play among the body of Christ.
I for one would not condone a wife who wants to wake up the neighbourhood in the name of "speaking in tongues". Better to do that in your father's house.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by delpee(f): 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
@Poster
Please have a chat with your wife to express your unfailing love for her while making her realise your worries and discomfort about her new spiritual status. IMO she is probably sad that you are not interested in being on the same level with her or that you dont appreciate that shes a blessing to the family. Keep reassuring her of your support and then let her know your fears and misgivings so she has a chance to loosen up and explain things to you. Actually, even without the spiritual angle, women are naturally gifted with intuitive powers. Developing it along spiritual lines makes it more powerful which is good for the family. Make the best of it.

On the issue of her attending your church, you can try but its something you should have agreed on before marriage or in early marriage. She appears so deeply enmeshed in Winners now and may resist the change. Everything is possible if you pray and trust God. You dont have to speak in tongues for your prayers to be answered, so dont feel intimidated. In any case, the bible states that there are different spiritual gifts. Dont allow religious differences ruin your marriage. She should understand that going by the the word of God, her religious duty should not impact negatively on her duties as a wife. I wish i could talk to her based on experience.

I empathise with you anyway and pray that you are able to sort this out and remain a loving couple bound together in Gods loving arms. Amen.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
It is very easy for people to get carried away. What are the fruits of the spirit? My hope is that people get closer to God and receive revelations from the Bible.

If really both parties are imitating the life of Jesus Christ, there would be no problem between then. The problem is that there has been so many deviations from the life of Christ these days
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by netghost: 11:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
your wife needs to see a psychologist , shes partially insane grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by AreaFada2: 2:01am On Feb 22, 2012
Ever since a school mate (who spoke the loudest in tongues in scripture union meetings) took my answer sheet to copy my WAEC physics practical readings) as I looked away to setup an apparatus, I have become highly skeptical about tongues speakers. Needless to say that he faild the paper. That's approacing 3 decades now.

Odikwa risky. Anyway what do I know kwanu.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by armyofone(m): 2:02am On Feb 22, 2012
our brothers and complain sha  undecided

soup no sweet: complain
she no wash plate after food :complain
she no cook: complain
she no do her hair like oyinbo:complain
she do her hair like oyinbo:complain
she go church:complain
she no go:complain
wifey speaks in tongue:complain
wifey no speak in tongue after laying of hand:complain

make i siddon dey read jare.
man wey get head for him shoulder no go complain but shower him madam with love.
join your wifey dey pray and stop Komplaining.
complaining dikwa risky o.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 22, 2012
soup no sweet: complain - Always acknowledge your woman's cooking. If its not up to scratch, teach her. Her sense of esteem depends so much on us men.
she no wash plate after food :complain - a quick word should solve this. If she's a good woman she wont do it again or worst help her load the dishes.
she no cook: complain - wahala dey oh on this one. Why she no go cook now?  grin
she no do her hair like oyinbo:complain - baba nla complaint. Infact you must comot that hair by tomorrow and any other style must be approved by me.
she do her hair like oyinbo:complain - See above.
she go church:complain - Which kind of man complains because his wife goes to church? you shld be happy she is there praying for you and not banging your friend.
she no go:complain - This one na fight.
wifey speaks in tongue:complain - That one na over sabi. Tongues are not superior to ordinary prayers from a righteous heart.
wifey no speak in tongue after laying of hand:complain - e no consign megrin Infact the less "tongues" the better. I will do the corporate prayer for both of us. She shld be more concerned with creative ways of using her "tongue" on me.

man wey get head for him shoulder no go complain but shower him madam with love. - na me be that!  cheesy
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Feb 22, 2012
armyofone:

our brothers and complain sha undecided

soup no sweet: complain
she no wash plate after food :complain
she no cook: complain
she no do her hair like oyinbo:complain
she do her hair like oyinbo:complain
she go church:complain
she no go:complain
wifey speaks in tongue:complain
wifey no speak in tongue after laying of hand:complain

make i siddon dey read jare.
man wey get head for him shoulder no go complain but shower him madam with love.
join your wifey dey pray and stop Komplaining.
complaining dikwa risky o.

I would prefer if you use those tongues on my nether regions and make me speak in strange languages
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by armyofone(m): 2:26am On Feb 22, 2012
ummm, joint statement. i see what you both do after class tongue
dayo, i know that guy. but Brother David, shocked grin
make i write this paper finish first.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 22, 2012
armyofone:

ummm, joint statement. i see what you both do after class  tongue
dayo, i know that guy. but Brother David,  shocked grin
make i write this paper finish first.

ngwanu stop that nonsense! Na "tongues" i go chop? If you're going to spend your entire life with one woman, she better come with a more than healthy s[i]e[/i]xual appetite for the freaky!  grin Bone that thing!

dayokanu:

I would prefer if you use those tongues on my nether regions and make me speak in strange languages

my brother, na you biko. grin Speaking in tongues for where? in my bed? OP hasnt figured out how to silence his wife. grin
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Infomizer(m): 2:44am On Feb 22, 2012
This tongue thing again!
How long will the scam continue? Why won't we stop deceiving ourselves? This is brainwashing of the highest echelon. Mr OP, Sit your wife down and talk real sense into her. She does not even know what she is saying so why bother you? Yes, they'll say its the Holy Geist at work and she's not supposed to understand what she's saying. Oya, of what use is the skalabashing if the interpreter is not there?

They'll say its a language that confuses the demons. Kai!!! How do they know this? Where they demons in their former lives?

Lets get a grip of reality with arms of reason. Obey Mr. Netghost. A session would do!
netghost:

your wife needs to see a psychologist ,  shes partially insane  grin grin grin

Lmao! Truth is scary my brother,

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by dasparrow: 5:11am On Feb 22, 2012
Siena:

A question to some of the more fanatic here. Are those that "speak in tongues" (apparently) all bound for Heaven, and the other regular Christians / Muslims that don't chant doomed?

Because honestly, this all seems like so much mumbo-jumbo to me - yeah, my opinion, so bite me if you don't like it!

No Sir, you are not doomed for hell if you can't speak in tongues. Speaking in tongues is a gift from the Holy Spirit. Some believers have it and some don't.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by netghost: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2012
Infomizer:

They'll say its a language that confuses the demons. Kai!!! How do they know this? Where they demons in their former lives?

ROTFLMAO , the thing tire me ohhhhh
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by chuksme(m): 6:46am On Feb 22, 2012
Poster, I will advise you to check yourself very very well,if you are really free or you have something strange disturbing you.

Your wife is not cheating ,abusing,rude,lazy to do her duty as a wife and not misbehaving. what is your problem? What you called  problem is that your wife is speaking in tongue.Guy this is strange. Instead of you to be happy, look at what you are posting. My advise to you is to  check your self very well if you are not possess. I smell something since speaking in tongue,which is the gift of Holy Spirit is disturbing you. Do not let the devil to use you and destroy your family.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 22, 2012
Gunshing,
Do u study d Bible @ all? Instead of harping on dogma, know dt speaking in tongues is very scriptural. Pls don't be intimidated, rather do a knowledge driven research on it & u'd be pleassntly surprised. D tension in U̶̲̥̅̊я home might just be as a result of U̶̲̥̅̊я resentment of her, so just talk abt it calmly. U r her head so try 2 show it by getting more knowlegeable about God's word so that u can lead in d way God wants u too
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by geewhite(f): 9:11am On Feb 22, 2012
Am surprised at you nt being comfortable with the level of ur wifes' spirituality. Am equally and baptist and shocked to heard u say we don't belive in speaking in tongues. In ma local assembly it is d order of the worship, maybe u are of the old generation baptist "as it was in d beginning so shall it be". Pls be grateful to God that u have a prayer warrior as a wife. I also tink you are d problem and nt ur wife, be vry feel in ur spirit n watch hw ur home will bubble again. God help u.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Konnektions146(m): 10:27am On Feb 22, 2012
Siena:

A question to some of the more fanatic here. Are those that "speak in tongues" (apparently) all bound for Heaven, and the other regular Christians / Muslims that don't chant doomed?

Because honestly, this all seems like so much mumbo-jumbo to me - yeah, my opinion, so bite me if you don't like it!

am also asking this questions , i ve seen someone who supposedly speak and pray in tongues but commit an act that i cant even imagine,yet , wen the person prays , it looks like she is in heaven already.

as a roman Catholic, i doent really do all dese violent kinda praying but i know how much i appreciate God.
i am always very careful with issue concerning GOD but in dis case people are just trying to make OP look like he doesnt know wat he wants or does, I am sure GOD would never want a broken home though it happens,

let us try and balance our lives so as not get in mess. for me, i dont need anyone to brainwash me or make me feel guilty of something i never even tot of as some people are making OP believe here(kinda blasphemy)

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2012
@op God is not an author of confusion. I dont think because God wants to use your wife he will cause disharmony in your home, God instituted marriage. Nothing is wrong with you but a change has taken place in your home which you need to adapt to.

Your wife should not be moody at all, she should be joyful that and be tolerant of your spiritual level. You were on same level at a point but right now she seems to be on a higher level that does not mean she should carry herself as better than you if she does that then i am afraid pride has slipped in.I think if i were in your shoes i too would be uncomfortable from a loving woman to a moody woman something is wrong. Because she speaks in tongues does not make her better than you in any way but search yourself what are you really afraid of? that she will become a spirikoko and forget to be fun and lively?

It could be your attitude, maybe you criticize her, laugh at her and her church and she is pulling away from you.Patience, tolerance and most of all love must be exercised before the situation degenerates further. If you are still uncomfortable with your wife i will advise that you meet her church leadership and tell them what is happening in your home.
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ayodele123(m): 12:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
Poster
Please do not be offended by my comments. I mean no harm to your person
If your wife now speaks in tongues, there is no cause for alarm.
Speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit and not easy to come by anyway.
You should be delighted about it.That is not an issue to cause marital discord in your home.
Does your Baptist Church not believe in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit?
This is one of the true doctrines and pillars of the true Xtian faith
Do not be seen as fighting against it cos you may incur the wrath of God.
The marriage must not be broken on this note,take note.
Read the bible, study it,search its doctrines and beliefs.
Many Xtians carry the Bible about but do not know what it contains.
The issue is whether you are accepting God's word in its entirety or not.
It must be total,100% acceptance of the word of God. Not 99%.
A true follower and believer will not express discontent about the presence of the Holy Spirit.
If you are not at ease with the speaking in tongues, then you need to check your Xtian life all over. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Personal Saviour? If you have and you are still in the Lord,then you should desire the gifts of the Holy Spirit too.
On the issue of sex that you say you or she is not interested in since the tongues started, you need marital counselling in a Bible believing and Bible practising church.

@Sienna
Not having the Gifts does not make one to be doomed to Hell
The Gifts of the Spirit are for edification and end here on Earth.
The Fruits of the Spirit is what qualifies one for Heaven i.e your character
Our character must imbibe the nine fruits of the Spirit and is the ticket to eternity with Christ
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by kunyeo(m): 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2012
It is a matter of understanding.If the husband does not share the same belief with the wife it would be difficult for the husband to understand.

[flash=200,200

[url=http://eternitynewsletter..com[/color]][url=http://eternitynewsletter..com[/color][/url]][url=http://eternitynewsletter..com[/color][/url][/url]][url=http://eternitynewsletter..com[/color][/url][/url][/url]]http://eternitynewsletter..com[/url][/url][/url][/url]
Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by TV01(m): 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2012
@ OP

1. Please don’t be misled. Tongue speaking is a spiritual gift, not an indicator of spiritual “levels” or "maturity". Don’t be intimidated by the tongues themselves or brow-beaten by posts on this thread.

2. Maturity is evidenced by bearing the fruits of the Spirit, not the gifts. Essentially a progressive Christlike nature.

3. Always test the spirit behind things. Moreso in these times. Many tongues are fake (people), or counterfeit (the enemy)

4. God is not the author of confusion. Whatever His plans, he will not bring turmoil into your home or usurp your position as head of it.

5. Continue to be the head of your home spiritually, not by forcing or demanding, but by taking the lead. Joint prayer, study etc. The gifting can be manifest here or in private time. It should not cause disruption to normal family functioning or day-to-day affairs.

6. Discuss this with your wife. No matter how real or imagined, a concern by one spouse is a concern to be addressed by the couple. Be very clear about your concerns and your conscience.

7. Pray. Take it to God and not man in the first instance. If God is the author of this he will guide. If not, re-read from 7(a).

God bless
TV

1 Like

Re: My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It by ekpriobong(m): 3:13pm On Feb 22, 2012
I can't advice anybody for inter-marriage. If during courtship the girl refuses to change to your own church, pls run away because she doesn't loves you and she won't make a good wife no matter how she tries, but in your own case, you forced yourself on her. If your wife really loves you, she should love your church and be ready to change eventhough you were worshiping idol before she came, she should join you or change you or leave you alone to continue with what you believe. Very sorry, the marriage can even fold if extra care is not taken. You are seeing her strange and same she is to you. It was your fault man. Since you could not changed her from onset I think she should change you, join her and do what she did so that both of you can operate at the same level. But if I may ask: which church did you had your wedding? C'mon, how can in a home a man has it own place of worship and the woman has it own separate? How does that sound to the ear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Father Always Swears For Us His Children / How To Divorce My Nigerian Husband? / Help!my 11-year Old Niece Wants To Have S/E/X.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.