Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

The True Cost Of #occupynigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Cost Of #occupynigeria (4594 Views)

How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account / #occupynigeria: Lagos Protest At Gani Fawehinmi Park, Ojota. / #occupynigeria Protest Goes Cyber. Govt Officials Private Numbers Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Cost Of #occupynigeria by abacus(m): 8:38am On Feb 22, 2012
@Nosa2 say we want subsidy removal,

what is the actual cost of subsidy? You are not passionate about how much we borrowed, what if we don't need to borrow that much as a country. What if cost subsidy is not up to N1.3trn as they claimed? What if GEJ reduces the size of his cabinet? so many what ifs, that need answers.
Re: The True Cost Of #occupynigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 22, 2012
@Dalover and Nosa2,
More greese to your elbows, as we pray and hope that your efforts are not invain. Just read the arguements of those in favour of the madness called subsidy, you will see that they are propelled by the same, "let us share" mentally of the looting politicians. Patrotisim is about sacrificing for onels country. Removing subsidy will bring competition among the marketters. Private sector will build refineries and market forces will determine true cost of fuel. Let me not talk about job opportunites, because the average Nigerian is not really interested in work and productivity. He is more interested in salaries, allowances, etc.

The truth is this, the ordinary Nigerian who is insisting on subsidy is the same with the looters at Abuja. Subsidy is one of the platforms for looting. And like I said earlier. Nigerians are hypocrites who are crying about high cost of governance but at tha same time want subsidy to stay while ignoring the fact that subsidy is a major contributor to that high cost. Like I said earlier, Nigeria might survive militacy, but it might not survive economic meltdown.
Re: The True Cost Of #occupynigeria by dayokanu(m): 6:20pm On Feb 22, 2012
Insert Quote
If I claim the money I am spending on you is what makes me unable to send Ikenna to school,

Wont the most reasonable question be How much am I costing you and How much does it cost to send Ikenna to school.

How do we even know if its 100 Naira spent on subsidy or 1 trillion Dollars.

As long as Retardeen chooses to cover up corruption in all places then I pity the future of this country.

If we cant get a simple daily consumption from Retardeens govt,
We cant get the actual number of people who went for AU meeting in Adis Ababa,
We cant get an account of what Retardeen went to do in CHOGM,
We cant get the names of Boko Harams sponsors which Retardeen claims he know.

Whats the use of him in Aso Rock? Is it just to wake up get drunk and smile like a mor0n high on Alomo bitters
Re: The True Cost Of #occupynigeria by sowetto(m): 1:37am On Feb 23, 2012
what we should be talking about is the through cost of governance, Its criminality for a president to spend over 1billion naira on food and remove fuel for the poor, if they want make cuts, it must start from the top, they buy bullet proof cars and office furniture every year, award inflated contracts to themselves and their friends every day and in fact your president spends 45million to buy newspapers every year. This is just too outrageous. He has no moral ground to remove subsidy if he cant effectively deal with corruption and profligacy in government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity In Ibadan / GEJ On Shakara Mood As US Experts Come For Ebola Tutorials(pics) / Breaking News!! Boko Haram Have Hoisted Their Flag In Mubi-adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.