Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,898 members, 7,810,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic (23226 Views)

How I Escaped Drowning In Mpoto River, In Awka Anambra State / George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
Though it is too weird for the eye to behold, it has really happened in a part of this country.

A river goddess which looks like a mermaid, known in local parlance as ‘Maame Water’, has been trapped and caught alive at the Bui River, where the Bui Hydro Electric Dam is currently under construction.

The strange mammal, which has a human head and very long whitish hair with two crawling fore-limbs like the lizard, has a snake lower body. It is suspected to be over 100m long and wails continuously like a whale with great echo.

Daily Guide has the video footage of the mermaid which was allegedly taken by some residents of Tain and Chinese officials.

The monster, which is said to be the spirit of the river until its capture, was believed to be behind the mysterious destruction of the bridge being built across the dam. It took a team of Chinese spiritualists employed from China to trap it, the reports claim.

http://edition.myjoyonline.com/pages/news/201202/81800.php

Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by bingbagbo(m): 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2012
AKWASI, which part of G hana do you come from?

i am a Ghanaian too, happy to see my brother here! cool
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
That is gr8. Actually I am a fante
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by ritchboy(m): 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
Akwasi:
The strange mammal, which has a human head and very long whitish hair with two crawling fore-limbs like the lizard, has a snake lower body. It is suspected to be over 100m long and wails continuously like a whale with great echo.

Does your head look like that!?

1 Like

Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Joagbaje(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2012
It's a lie. I recieve same picture on my bb. And they claim a girl who slept with a man in a hotel turned to this snake monkey creature
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
so ghanaians are equally as dull as 1/2 of nigerians hmmm

1 Like

Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Goshen360(m): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

It's a lie. I recieve same picture on my bb. And they claim a girl who slept with a man in a hotel turned to this snake monkey creature

You are right. I hope to get him the pix and link so. People should just stop posting false information on this forum mehn. Beside, that doesn't look like maame water o. haba. smh
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Goshen360(m): 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9ASi3WdlY?version=3&hl=en[/flash]

This is the true story and please stop spreading false information. Thank you.
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Goshen360(m): 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
diluminati:

Na wha for u o. Take am easy naw.
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by bingbagbo(m): 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2012
akwasi, i am also a fante ooo! where are you currently?

otse den?
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
Did anyone read the source that I cited.
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
bin gbagbo:

akwasi, i am also a fante ooo! where are you currently?

otse den?

Oh that is gr8. I have been roaming around the world. Will not have a fixed location for the next six months. Involved i so much activities. I will be back in Ghana after the period. Where in Ghana are you?
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by bingbagbo(m): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^

winneba
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Acidosis(m): 9:26pm On Feb 20, 2012
lies, it was never in Ghana
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 9:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
Acidosis:

lies, it was never in Ghana

As you can see, I gave the link and I was not the original source of the story on the web. I was just shocked with the video I saw and the story behind the video that is why I shared. No hard feelings.
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Akwasi(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2012
bin gbagbo:

^^^

winneba

Winneba is my favorite town in Ghana. I come from Saltpond, Akyemfo. Never been there before though grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by wesley80(m): 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hehehehe, so dis video done reach Ghana? That video caused commotion in Warri last week and practically closed down a 5 star hotel for 24HRS so they've moved over to Ghana with a different story? People no go stop.
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by 2good(m): 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
diluminati:

I guess it runs in the blood of the black race
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by tpia5: 3:30am On Feb 21, 2012
Akwasi:

Did anyone read the source that I cited.

was one necessary?
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 21, 2012
una for allow pple to mmumu first before spoiling the thread, maybe Jocircumvent for tell us which verses maame water dey for Bible,
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Joagbaje(m): 7:14am On Feb 21, 2012
goshen360:

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9ASi3WdlY?version=3&hl=en[/flash]

This is the true story and please stop spreading false information. Thank you.

This thing looks like a piece of art work. It's not alive as they claimed. I heard it was speaking. But the video shows its lifeless
Re: 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic by Chuksxp: 11:13am On Feb 21, 2012
I'm sure glad my human head isn't like that.

(1) (Reply)

Maltreating Your Wife Hinders Your Prayer - Mike Bamiloye Tells Married Men / Who Is A Lawful Captive? / Some Inspirational Bible Characters You Should Model Yourself After Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.