Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives (6968 Views)

Security Agencies Foil Attempt to Free Boko Haram Detainees In Lokoja / 2 Vehicles Filled With Explosives, Arms Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri / Boko Haram Explosives Found To Come From Chinese Factory Seized In Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Nigerd(m): 8:54am On Feb 21, 2012
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/36320-security-agencies-uncover-source-of-boko-harams-explos-how-sect-looted-quarries-in-bauchi-borno-gombe

Security agencies uncover source of Boko Haram’s explosives •How sect looted quarries in Bauchi, Borno, Gombe

| Print | E-mail

Written by Taiwo Adisa Tuesday, 21 February 2012

INVESTIGATIONS into the nature of explosives used by Boko Haram operatives in recent bomb blasts detonated across the country have confirmed that the sect secured most of the explosives from its raid from construction companies in four states, Borno, Bauchi, Gombe

and Sokoto.
Sources told the Nigerian Tribune that investigations carried out by a combined team of security agencies, including the State Security Service (SSS) and the police, have confirmed that most of the explosives used by the Boko Haram sect in its recent operations were looted from warehouses of construction companies in the four states.

Some loyalists of the sect were said to have carried out the alleged theft of the deadly explosives called Type C4 last year when they raided stores of some quarries located in Sokoto, Borno, Bauchi and Gombe states.

It was gathered that the Type C4 explosives are usually deployed in blasting huge rocks and are said to be “very deadly.”

A source stated that following the discovery of the situation, security agencies in the country have now made it mandatory for quarries to receive prior permission before carrying out any activity.

Sources also disclosed that most of the quarries whose explosives were stolen by Boko Haram’s men failed to report the incidents but only sacked their security men.

Said a source in the know: “There has been a breakthrough on the source of explosives used by the sect members of Boko Haram in their deadly attacks in recent times. It has been discovered that last year, some of their men were responsible for the theft of explosives from many quarry companies in Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, and Sokoto.”

The source stated that rather than report the development to security agencies, the companies affected merely sacked their supervisors and security men as a way of covering up the development.

“The companies affected covered up the incidents by only sacking the supervisors and some security men on duty during the attacks, because of the fear of reprimand from government. Unfortunately, such raids have now left dangerous explosives called Type C4 in the hands of the sect members. The explosives, known as the conventional Type C4 and used to blast rocks, are regarded as very deadly,” another source said.

Sources further confirmed that the security agencies have now placed an embargo on quarry activities in all states of the country and that quarries and construction companies are now required to obtain strict permission before embarking on rock blasting.

They are also to ensure that security agents are present before they carry out any blasting.

“As a result of the developments, quarries are now mandated to secure permission and also ensure the presence of security agents before blasting. Anyone that fails to do so is liable to prosecution. Besides that, those companies that failed to report the theft of their explosives are already being investigated,” a source stated.
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Beaf: 8:59am On Feb 21, 2012
Sources also disclosed that most of the quarries whose explosives were stolen by Boko Haram’s men failed to report the incidents but only sacked their security men.   

Said a source in the know: “There has been a breakthrough on the source of explosives used by the sect members of Boko Haram in their deadly attacks in recent times. It has been discovered that last year, some of their men were responsible for the theft of explosives from many quarry companies in Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, and Sokoto.”

The source stated that rather than report the development to security agencies, the companies affected merely sacked their supervisors and security men as a way of covering up the development.

The companies affected covered up the incidents by only sacking the supervisors and some security men on duty during the attacks, because of the fear of reprimand from government. Unfortunately, such raids have now left dangerous explosives called Type C4 in the hands of the sect members. The explosives, known as the conventional Type C4 and used to blast rocks, are regarded as very deadly,” another source said.

The owners of those companies have links with boko haram. cool
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by jmaine: 9:04am On Feb 21, 2012
Beaf:

In as much as i don't like jumping into conclusion . . . .some of those companies could be proxies for Boko Haram to acquire such powerful explosives
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Knight1(m): 9:20am On Feb 21, 2012
C4 shocked shocked shocked? CLEARLY THEY HAVEN'T USED IT. COS THAT'S ONE BAAAAAAAAAAAD EXPLOSIVE. WHY ARE THE COMPANIES EVEN USING IT?
MY ONLY PROB IS EVEN AFTER "UNCOVERING THE SOURCE", NOTHING WILL STILL HAPPEN. JUST LIKE THEY "FOUND OUT THOSE BEHIND BOKO HARAM"
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Jisunpack: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2012
^
Boko haram is already in the casket, grasping for the very last breath. Notwithstanding, they would want to put in a good last fight which i termed as "The end". In the couple of days, the henchman will be smoke out from his safe house somewhere between Taraba or Adamawa(My personal deduction). They always take refuge in a least expected area.

The porosity and laxity of our security agents played a role in making the group ostensibly invincible.
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by toyemz(f): 9:48am On Feb 21, 2012
^^^^

do you really believe so?

bombs are still going off

people are still dying

and this is still the nigeria that we know
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Jisunpack: 10:11am On Feb 21, 2012
^^
I double checked my brain out put before posting this one. Believe me, they are gone. The so-called guerrilla capability was over blown by the media. Am not trying to down play, their capacity to strike or rule out all options of changing tactics, but their potential strength was drained by the singular capture of Abul Qaqa. Ask your self, why was he so easy to crack? The real ideologistic terrorist will never open up in that manner, infact they would rather die than to give out any relevant information.

Heck! abul Qaqa has been singing like a cheap bought pusssy.The fever of being apprehended at any moment due to the capture of Kabiru Sokoto has dealt another great blow to the sect. Na all man for himself!!

The remaining pockets of the sect members would go underground for long time and die naturally. There is a bold fear written all over the face of sect leader from his last two youtube videos. His body language betrayed his seemingly hardness and ruthlessness.(make your conclusion by watching the videos)
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by jamace(m): 10:23am On Feb 21, 2012
I have always suspected that some quarry owners particularly in the North are suppliers of those deadly explosives. The effect of the blasts further convinced me that BH use industrial explosives and not just some home made explosives concoctions.

The police gives permit for industrial explosives to be purchased by the quarry owners from explosive dealers. As a check, the police should carryout unscheduled visits on such dealers and quarry owners for stock taking.
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by BigBenoski(m): 11:05am On Feb 21, 2012
C4? Hell no!! Infact the companies' acquisition ogas should be arrested asap. Who told them 2 use c4? Whatever happend 2 dynamite!
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by smoothlips(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2012
The owners of those companies have links with boko haram
just lik dat?
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Wexelion(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2012
BigBenoski:

C4? Hell no!! Infact the companies' acquisition ogas should be arrested asap. Who told them 2 use c4? Whatever happend 2 dynamite!
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Reference(m): 11:19am On Feb 21, 2012
BigBenoski:

Just my thoughts. Haba C4 to blast rocks. That is wrong. The wrong type of explosive to quarrying. It has a higher detonation speed than conventional dynamite. You get more frag and less volume. Good as military ordnance, bad for engineering.
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Basics007: 11:52am On Feb 21, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

^^
I double checked my brain out put before posting this one. Believe me, they are gone. The so-called guerrilla capability was over blown by the media.
I wish i could share your optimism but unfortunately i've to disagree. Yesterday they till managed to waste more than 30lives. For me i think BH is more about 2015 .i.e to throw a scare into the president and disuade him from contesting again. And until those northern elements are sure he wont want to go for re-election i'm afraid the end is not yet in sight o.
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by mekaboy(m): 11:57am On Feb 21, 2012
PLS SSS OR WHATEVER SECURITY AGENCY - PLEASE STOP GIVING US USELESS UPDATES FILLED WITH LIES, THEY ARE JUST LOOKING FOR WAYS TO COLLECT BRIBE FROM COMPANIES THAT USE EXPLOSIVES .

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CONTAINER OF EXPLOSIVES THAT WAS SEIZED AT THE PORT BEFORE ELECTION?

WHO WAS BEHIND IT?

WHAT OF THE EXPLOSIVES THAT MEND USE WHERE WAS IT STOLEN FROM ?

JUST OPEN MOUTH THEY TALK RUBBISH, WITH ALL THE DISCOVERIES AND ARRESTS, STILL BOMB STILL GOES OFF HERE AND THERE.

EXPLOSIVES THAT WERE STOLEN 4YRS AGO, WHY DID THEY WAIT TILL THIS PERIOD TO START USING IT ?

THEY SHOULD ALSO TELL US THAT THE GUNS THAT BH USE WERE STOLEN TOO.
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2012
Smh
Re: Security Agencies Uncover Source Of Boko Haram’s Explosives by jspac(m): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
Beaf:

My thought exactly
BigBenoski:

BigBenoski:

undecided
mekaboy:

PLS SSS OR WHATEVER SECURITY AGENCY - PLEASE STOP GIVING US USELESS UPDATES FILLED WITH LIES, THEY ARE JUST LOOKING FOR WAYS TO COLLECT BRIBE FROM COMPANIES THAT USE EXPLOSIVES .

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CONTAINER OF EXPLOSIVES THAT WAS SEIZED AT THE PORT BEFORE ELECTION?

WHO WAS BEHIND IT?

WHAT OF THE EXPLOSIVES THAT MEND USE WHERE WAS IT STOLEN FROM ?

JUST OPEN MOUTH THEY TALK RUBBISH, WITH ALL THE DISCOVERIES AND ARRESTS, STILL BOMB STILL GOES OFF HERE AND THERE.

EXPLOSIVES THAT WERE STOLEN 4YRS AGO, WHY DID THEY WAIT TILL THIS PERIOD TO START USING IT ?

THEY SHOULD ALSO TELL US THAT THE GUNS THAT BH USE WERE STOLEN TOO.

Seconded

(1) (Reply)

###GEJ Since You Left### A Must Read / Revolution Is About To Start In The Nigerian Army / Gani Adam Before And Gani Adams After Receiving Jonathan Pipeline Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.