Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,076 members, 7,953,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice (1114 Views)

How Do You Setup A Cyber Cafe / Cyber Cafe Owners Control Your Laptops Users/ Wireless Home Users With Mikrotik / Hey Wanna Buy Computer Systems/ Set Up A Cyber Cafe Contact Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by dontexe(m): 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2007
Hi Guys,

I just got an offer to buy an internet cafe whose owner will be relocating to another country shortly. We both settled for 700k but he wants me to give him like 70% of the agreed sum for him to handover the place to me. The cafe is in a good location and makes an average of N9,000 daily, which is actually due to the 'not so good' service he gets from his ISP. On some days he makes as high as N18,000. Though i'm an IT person, but i do not have any experience when it comes to cafe business, so i need advice from you guys, especially what i need to watch out for and other services that i can add. I intend to transform the place by getting good ISP to improve the quality of service delivered, provide a conducive environment and also do other things to attract customers back to the cafe. Advice needed.
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by hayprof(m): 5:56am On Oct 22, 2007
dontexe:

I intend to transform the place by getting good ISP to improve the quality of service delivered, provide a conducive environment and also do other things to attract customers back to the cafe. Advice needed.

You Said it all man, Just go ahead and do the rite thing.

A good ISP is the 1st thing u av to do to get u started (cos money aint the thing but SPEED!
tongue
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by fyneguy: 10:01am On Oct 22, 2007
I will offer you my candid advice and support
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by 3dhunter(m): 1:19pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ fyneguy
why dont you post it here. we might have something to add or remove from it.
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by sabmack(m): 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2007
As a network expert who have been involve in running Cafes in this part of the country since its inception, I stand a good chance to advise u. You have to lookout for spywares, adwares, viruses, timer hackers and above all making sure that u have a smooth network with good functional systems. You can reach me on sabmack2001@yahoo.com or 08082350001.
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by ruemu(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2007
u said it all, But I strongly advice you do your home work very well don't just jump at the 9k or 18k daily income. Consider cost of running biz daily also, major setback is POWER.

The 700k @ 70% down payment is an indicator at undisclosed factors.
------
I suggest u consult an expert, to evaluate your NODES and Gen set
For extra addon services it depends on your location if you're in a campus or a major estate you can introduce an internet hotspot. you can also install surveillance cam powered by your broadband.

Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by Afam(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2007
ruemu:

u said it all, But I strongly advice you do your home work very well don't just jump at the 9k or 18k daily income. Consider cost of running biz daily also, major setback is POWER.

On power, unfortunately many spend a lot of money running gen sets when other backup options exist.

A properly designed backup system will save you a lot of money which could be used to grow other aspects of your business.
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by ruemu(m): 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2007
Thanks for your call but i must confess I was moody when u called and was just trying to fit and at least give u few tips.

to add to our discussion, I'll strongly advice that if you have 70% down payment , u should also have the 30% left balance to do some little touch here and there customer's should be able to feel something new even if it's little, LITTLE THINGS ADD up for big difference,

I really wanna see a cafe that works, i mean really WORK,
So i'll be willing to spare little time to assist u ,

===
018971119 call to get email.
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by ruemu(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2007
Double post sorry
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by 3dhunter(m): 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2007
@ sabmack
please, about timer hackers, do you know ways of preventing them, or stopping them especially "process stopers"
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by holyghost(m): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2007
hi everyone,

@ topic
i advice you to go to that cafe and spend 2 to 3 days to make sure that kind of money comes in as he said
then contact me for ISP that will do you Good!

please make sure that power is regular or else you will pay all you get goes to fuel your gen set

samholyghost@gmail.com
080 55 123 123
Re: Buying Up A Cyber Cafe, Needs Advice by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2007
When running a Cyber Cafe business, I would expect you would also consider the following costs,

1) Tax
2) Cost of Monthly ISP need
3) Cost of Machine Repair and troubleshooting monthly
4) Equipment costs
5) Electricity /Energy Costs
6) Security Costs

Make sure you are not buying someone elses problem and thinking it is a business. 9K - 18k is not much if you consider how much this may end up costing you in the end if you do not do your homework well.

(1) (Reply)

Fund Your Fxopen Account Free Of Charge / Toshiba Portege Ultraslim N Ultralight Laptop 4 Sale NOW 30k / One Sim Multiple Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.