Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,733 members, 7,831,335 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply (13408 Views)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / The Challenge Of Electricity Supply In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by scopusng(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
Anurugwo:

Minister of Power, Prof Barth Nnaji yesterday said the Federal Government has ordered 24 hours supply of electricity to Lagos State given the economic position it occupies in Nigeria.

Nnaji was speaking yesterday at the commissioning of a new gymnasium at the Egbin Power Plant in Ikorodu.

He said: “We have resolved that Lagos will be getting more power round the clock, except if there is a hitch to supply. I think much attention should be given to the latest power supply rather than the number of generation. This a great achievement on the part of the government.”

The minister further announced that supply of electricity in the country has improved by over 40 percent since President Goodluck Jonathan came on board.

According to him, the development was a manifestation that the incumbent administration gives priority to improved power supply, especially in its drive to boost industrialization.

They should tell this rubbish to market women. Fools

Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Bright2(m): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
Did that man called Barth say any thing? So far as am concern i didn't hear any thing ! I will listen well next year may be he may say something.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by newslive(f): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
I pray it works,

Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Gideonyte(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2012
Saw it on Channels in Dec 2011 that the Facility is ready and capable of >1000MW but the director said there is no gas to power the turbines!!!

Makes me wonder why a facility would be built in a place that is far from one of its key resources for operation
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by member479760: 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2012
"except [size=48pt]if[/size] there is a hitch to supply"

no need to read further!
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
Mu-mu don talk am again. Why do these people in Government like to deceive themselves remember empty promises of the past, the only person that faced the reality was Lyonel Imoke who said it will be around 2064 before Nigeria can witness a stable electricity supply. Imagine in my area in Papa Ajao, Mushin hardly you see electricity supply in the night and at the end of the month they will bring crazy bills. These Nnaji should just keep his mouth shut instead of playing to the gallery. How can he say electricity has improved by 40% is it inside his room or what? absolute nonsense!!!
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Lucy001(f): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2012
Na today
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
Yes there will be 24hrs supply because people will keep buying GENerator undecided
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Dainfamous: 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
That is nice lagos will look beautiful at night cheesy
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by aglomar: 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
We no b prof but we get commonsense. Prof, ds na yt lie abi na oranj?
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by amor4ce(m): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
I like the way the Prof has appeared to avoid all the yama-yama politics, avoid being seen frequently in the media, and focusing on his job.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by bigsean(m): 11:18pm On Feb 21, 2012
"Order"!!!
Na today @$$ dey back?
talk another thing, or make we hear word
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
To better understand this leader speculation the use of the word TO is absolutely questionable as to plan compromised for the future is a good prove. The best he could have done is to allow the constant provision of electricity speaks for itself rather than procrastinating. Tomorrow when the Nigeria people complain of erratic power supply as a failure on the side of the government  the leader would stand up giving another propaganda.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by caseymoney(m): 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
It's a welcome development. Let's keep fingers crossed.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by deribigbe(m): 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
Na lie, They are "FULL OF SHIT " tryin to Campaing
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by saibuhari(m): 11:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
24 hours power supply with obsolete, under capacity and malfunctional transformers? Most transformers in Lagos blow up every day due to poor  capacity compared to what they are supposed carry. Most transformers in lagos work once in 3 weeks, some once in 4 weeks (less than 4 hours in 30 days) yet these same transformers will supply 24 hours power according to Barth Nnaji. Somebody should touch this man to wake up to reality. Generation is far from what it should be, distribution is jaundiced and the equipment to transmit the power to peoples homes are in ramshackle state. Where will 24 hours light come from? I dey laugh in Isoko.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by kizito96(m): 11:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
That is befitting of a mega city
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 22, 2012
I thought the sector had been deregulated.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Nobody: 12:26am On Feb 22, 2012
While they leave people like ♏έ in little worthless towns without power. 5 straight days without power. 40 litres of fuel gone with № hope of power being restored.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by drnoel: 12:33am On Feb 22, 2012
hamsky:

I think we've all heard this before but the main question is: "how long will it last?" a week and then fail?
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by lastpage: 12:36am On Feb 22, 2012
Sometimes l wonder if "Professorship" is a "mental disease" afflicting educated Nigerians? angry angry

[size=14pt]This Berth Nnaji must be smoking a very wicked mixture of drugs and alcohol![/size] angry angry

At his age, he is not even ashamed to utter such stewpidity in a public domain?

Habbaaa, wetin sef?

24hrs koo, 2-point-4 hours neee! @looshi.

Lastpage!
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by GboyegaD(m): 12:37am On Feb 22, 2012
Naija government turning clowns by the day. Most times they just talk to create attention for themselves or why the unnecessary proclaiment of what seems impossible in the near future or what does he mean by except there is a hitch in supply?
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by GboyegaD(m): 12:38am On Feb 22, 2012
LeoMax:

I thought the sector had been deregulated.

They are clueless. They said it is now planned for 2nd quarter.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Yeske2(m): 12:45am On Feb 22, 2012
You ain't the first Barth and wouldn't be the last, promises.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by harmony5(m): 1:26am On Feb 22, 2012
This man talks too much, not only that, but all are lies lies and lies. A good source with objective assessments of our current generation capacity
put it at 3200 - 3400 as at last week, but this man is saying 4300. He can even tell the truth to start with, real clowns indeed.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by anishe(m): 1:29am On Feb 22, 2012
The stupid statement of the minister justifies the saying that ''if the head is rotten, the whole body is rotten''.

Since we have clueless president, so shall be surrounded by clueless ministers and advisers.

but i thought the guy is a professor! i think we should begin to audit peoples qualifications in this country.

well, not surprised sha, i think Odechukwu GEJ himslef is an Associate Professor. BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.

Nigeria, i HAIL OOOOO
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by youngboss1(m): 4:01am On Feb 22, 2012
Easier said than done
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Princek12(m): 4:19am On Feb 22, 2012
He must think he has "ase" in his mouth, meaning that whatever he commands shall happen. He has said let there be light, and there will be light, unless there is a hitch. I SMH and cry for Nigeria.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by MisterNRC(m): 4:24am On Feb 22, 2012
Don't you just love the way politicians are let loose and they somehow manage to make Nigerians whinge?
By the way, na today 'yanch' dey for back?

All Talk no action.
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Raxxye(m): 5:21am On Feb 22, 2012
Why has the president not given this order since? Abi, the strategic nature of Eko has only just been realized?
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 22, 2012
What about the 36 airports in 36 states the President promised to build if elected?
Re: Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply by pendo89(f): 6:08am On Feb 22, 2012
what? meaning lagos has never heard 24hour supply?? shocked shocked
with all that oil? am shocked cz i wonder how a big city survives on generators 24/7.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu’s Controversial Will Revealed / Inec Chairman, Jega On Channelstv: I'm Disappointed On Card Reader Haters / Payment Of Subsidy Won’t Stop Fuel Scarcity – NUPENG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.