Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,968 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand (3977 Views)

Please I Need Travelling Advice To New Zealand. / How Can One Apply For A New Zealand Visa In Nigeria? / Nigeria Students In New Zealand. How Is It To Study And Survive There (2) (3) (4)

Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by peu(f): 4:26am On Mar 21, 2006
i need tips of how to survive in overseas(newzealand)
for 8 months now i still home sick embarassed sad
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by mustafar1: 4:44am On Mar 21, 2006
pele o my brother abi se na sister u be. NZ extra far from home small o and all men still dey complain. anyway, as per survival its going to be a long road but u gonn pull through like its nothing. if u don't mind me asking, what u been doing in 8months. because it kind of depends on how active u are. as long as u got somn to keep u busy, your mind wont think about naija that much.
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by peu(f): 12:44am On Mar 22, 2006
na sister oo
i having being going to the polytechnic to get a A level certificate
because i left Naija with a O level certificate and Jamb result
but it did not help my admission process into the UNI here in NZ
i will finish by August
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by mustafar1: 4:56am On Mar 22, 2006
aiight cool. thats a start. as long as u got somn to do. the boredom and homesickness would find their way out of ur system. NOT THAT U WONT GET HOT FLASHES OF NAIJA ONCE IN A WHILE but it wont be as bad as right now.
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by LoverBwoy(m): 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2006
Try to mingle with the people dont single yourself out, if they go pub u too go pub grin u dont have to drink though u can have lemonade.

Get ur peeps to send films to you

enjoy the food try not to complain too much

u can join the african/caribbean student union if they have one
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by vichel(m): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2006
Pack your load and go back home cheesy. Seriously, try to look for some Nigerians to hang out with, and see if a little of the home sickness can be aliviated.
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by VOR(m): 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2006
Sorry if I sound nosey PEU, but how come you are in NZ anyway?

Did you win a scholarship there or something, are you there with the rest of your family and are there a lot of Nigerians there?

Which city in NZ do you live? Is it true that there are more sheep than humans in NZ?(LOL)

Anyway those are all my questions for now. grin grin grin
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by Rhodalyn(f): 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2006
keep goin n focus on Ur ambition kiss kiss
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by loriann(f): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2006
be strong grl and try remember wat u r there for i think that will help nd u will definately relax wink.
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by greenabba(m): 10:30am On May 03, 2006
hi,

where in NZ are u located?
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by tpia: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2008
is this person still there?
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by jani30: 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2010
i will be in new zealand, pls can you help me with information?
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by snowdrops(m): 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2010
cant believe you guys were able to dig out such a thread.

may be better to have started a new one
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by chelseabmw(m): 1:03am On Jul 12, 2010
@poster
sorry to hear this.u will be out someday
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by katana: 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2011
try and engage in the activities the kiwis engage in. thats the key to overcoming loneliness in a strange land. i hear the kiwis love a lot of outdoor activities like hiking, biking, surfing, jogging etc. it wont hurt to engage in these.

Cheers
Re: Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand by hackney(m): 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2011
There are 8 times more sheep than people in new zealand.
if you feel alone or depressed, just have you some juicy lamb chops.
yum.

BRAZIL Study Visa / Study In Finland (detailed) / Tourist Visit To Arochukwu