Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? (1412 Views)

Photo: The Free Masons Install Statue Of The Stanic Baphomet Sculpture In Detroo / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Who Are The Free Masons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by DeepSight(m): 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2012
Are there any?

Candidates for regular Freemasonry are required to declare a belief in a Supreme Being.[29] However, the candidate is not asked to expand on, or explain, his interpretation of Supreme Being. The discussion of politics and religion is forbidden within a Masonic Lodge, in part so a Mason will not be placed in the situation of having to justify his personal interpretation.[30] Thus, reference to the Supreme Being can mean the Christian Trinity to a Christian Mason, Allah to a Muslim Mason, Para Brahman to a Hindu Mason, etc. While most Freemasons would take the view that the term Supreme Being equates to God, others may hold a more complex or philosophical interpretation of the term.

In the ritual, the Supreme Being is referred to as the Great Architect of the Universe, which alludes to the use of architectural symbolism within Freemasonry.[31][32]

Regular Freemasonry requires that its candidates believe in a Supreme Being, but the interpretation of this term is subject to the conscience of the candidate
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by mazaje(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2012
Don't know , don't care. . . . grin
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by Observer1: 4:46pm On Feb 22, 2012
NO,although they may lie just to be accepted as a mason,
but after which they may realise that freemason is all about
God,so there's no room for an Atheist in freemasonry.

one of the requirements is that u must not b an Atheist.
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by plaetton: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
Observer1:

NO,although they may lie just to be accepted as a mason,
but after which they may realise that freemason is all about
God,so there's no room for an Atheist in freemasonry.

one of the requirements is that u must not b an Atheist.

If I see god as an expression of a mathemathical equation, would that make me an athiests ?
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by Observer1: 11:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
we are talking bout spiritaul stuff here.

as long as u believe that it greater than
you and it is capable of creating every thing
then so be it.

all we require of u is a believe in supreme being.
i never knew that maths eqtion is a being.pls mke
us understand.
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2012
Its hard to answer as every one follows his own path but the secrets work even though.
Only the evil offshoot, the forbidden ones believe in Baphomet.
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by mkmyers45(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
Dunno but wetin atheist go find go there grin
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by plaetton: 1:49am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Dunno but wetin atheist go find go there grin

It depends on the individual and what his atheism means to him.
An atheist who happens to be a seeker of knowledge may find that masonry, stripped of the paraphenalia of symbolism and ritual, is actually quite scientific in the way approaches and understands the complexities of the human condition.

Through a good understanding of psychology, astronomy, geometry, their repeating occurences in nature and their relatonship to say, music, human anatomy and physiology, masonry may provide, for an atheist, the missing interface between empirical science and non-empirical areas of reality that have been,hitherto, relegated to the realms of religion and spirituality.

The bridge between science and spirituality.

Like I pointed out earlier , a candidate may profess god as the evolving expression of a complex but consistent mathematical equation.
Or, the candidate may see god as pure electromagnetic energy.
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by mkmyers45(m): 2:19am On Sep 17, 2012
plaetton:

It depends on the individual and what his atheism means to him.
An atheist who happens to be a seeker of knowledge may find that masonry, stripped of the paraphenalia of symbolism and ritual, is actually quite scientific in the way approaches and understands the complexities of the human condition.

Through a good understanding of psychology, astronomy, geometry, their repeating occurences in nature and their relatonship to say, music, human anatomy and physiology, masonry may provide, for an atheist, the missing interface between empirical science and non-empirical areas of reality that have been,hitherto, relegated to the realms of religion and spirituality.

The bridge between science and spirituality.

Like I pointed out earlier , a candidate may profess god as the evolving expression of a complex but consistent mathematical equation.
Or, the candidate may see god as pure electromagnetic energy.
Plaetton the Pantheist grin grin ...will you consider masonic membership?
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by plaetton: 2:41am On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45: Plaetton the Pantheist grin grin ...will you consider masonic membership?

The idea of membership might compromise the very freedom, the sovereignty of my mind that I chersish so much.

But masonry claims to be fashioners of men. They claim the ability refine the human ego from beasts to men, from gross matter to fine gold.
As keepers of historical secrets , masonry is certainly appealing.
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by mkmyers45(m): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
plaetton:

The idea of membership might compromise the very freedom, the sovereignty of my mind that I chersish so much.

But masonry claims to be fashioners of men. They claim the ability refine the human ego from beasts to men, from gross matter to fine gold.
As keepers of historical secrets , masonry is certainly appealing.

I'll like us to someday discuss some your ideas and views on some subjects...good no?
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by plaetton: 5:54pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45:

I'll like us to someday discuss some your ideas and views on some subjects...good no?

Sure , why not.
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by mkmyers45(m): 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
plaetton:

Sure , why not.
ok will update the thread here...
Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2012
No atheist can ever be a member of the Freemasons or any other such occult organizations, because the basic requirement is for anybody wishing to join to be a theist or a deist even. As long as they believe in one deity or the other, doesn't matter which, they are good to go. Even a Shango worshiper would do quite nicely. Religious affiliations play zero role.
Deep Sight: Are there any?

Re: Are There Atheist Free Masons Today? by mkmyers45(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Gracious: Jesus Visits Dying Muslim Man In Toronto Hospital, Brings Healing / Worship Songs / Six Steps To Salvation(SSS)- A Must Read For Everyone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.