Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking (3711 Views)

11 Year Old Black Boy With IQ Higher Than Einstein And Stephen Hawking / 7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD / If You Want To Knowanything About Child Development At Early Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by samdigo(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Son4Isfada: 10:59pm On Feb 22, 2012
this is really interesting.
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
They should band this menacing form of child labor in Nigeria. The government of the country should promulgate laws which put parents in a position of responsible for child's abuses, like hawking and other forms of child labor. That way there can be reduction in this disheartening issue.
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 6:30pm On Feb 24, 2012
all4naija:

They should band this menacing form of child labor in Nigeria. The government of the country should promulgate laws which put parents in a position of responsible for child's abuses, like hawking and other forms of child labor. That way there can be reduction in this disheartening issue.

it's ban, my good man, not band.
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 24, 2012
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

it's ban, my good man, not band.
Okay!Thanks. It is called typo!
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
In a country without free and compulsory education, it is to be expected. Merely a by-product of a failed society.
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by poweredcom(m): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
They should band this menacing form of child labor in Nigeria. The government of the country should promulgate laws which put parents in a position of responsible for child's abuses, like hawking and other forms of child labor. That way there can be reduction in this disheartening issue

Talk is cheap. what laws, when poverty is everywhere, no welfare, for the future, and no plan as a nation for any citizen, i beg leave dem let them survive jare,

In a country without free and compulsory education, it is to be expected. Merely a by-product of a failed society.

You got it right bro
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Gerrard59(m): 9:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
Education shouldn't be free. There's nothing that is free with quality. In uyo,there's free education,bt hawking is still there. Wat caused that to happen?
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by executinal(m): 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
this is interesting. . . . . . . . , . . , .
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by 234GT(m): 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2012
When people have intimacy without planning for the results, they give birth to children they cannot cater for. These children are then sent to the streets to hawk. Stupid intimacy is the MAIN cause of poverty in Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ Gerrard What I said was, we need "free and compulsory" education. Whether you realize it or not, the vast majority of Nigerian families do not have a penny with which to send their children to school. And what of orphans? How will they cope if they are required to pay for their education?

Yes, the education they will receive may not be of the best quality, but at least such people have been given a shot at life. A much better option than having them roam the streets like the Almajiri, in my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Ndipe(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by queensmith: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2012
HNosegbe:

Thank you, that is all.
Re: Nigerian Youths Talk About Child Hawking by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 26, 2012
poweredcom:

Talk is cheap. what laws, when poverty is everywhere, no welfare, for the future, and no plan as a nation for any citizen, i beg leave dem let them survive jare,
You got it right bro
Who are you now blaming? Have the citizens planned for themselves? Come on! Not until these polygamous beliefs are tackled with punitive measures and parents learnt to respect the rights of a child this will remain a huge problem in the Nigerian society. I can't image you supporting such a heinous crime of laboring children.

(1) (Reply)

Happie Boys Beg OPM Pastor For Second Chance,ask Nigerians For Forgiveness Again / B.sc In Chemistry & Masters In Pharmaceutical Chemistry Can They Go Together? / Letter Of Application for Employment [must Read]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.