Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award (4839 Views)

Masters/phd Admissions Into Engineering Management, Ict Management And Techn. / Msc In Oil & Gas Mangement And Process Engineering Management / 22 Year-old Nigerian Bags Ph.d In Uk Varsity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by wills(m): 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2012
Great achievement  shocked, Nigerians are excelling at some of the best institutions of higher learning in the UK and around the Globe.Am very glad to see that this young lady chose to return home and contribute positively to the growth of her father land.

Nice to also see her University  where she studied in the UK, gladly celebrating her achievements and even doing so in her home country Nigeria.

Nigerian Universities take NOTE!

For completing her Engineering with Technology Management course on time and with first class honours, Miss Caroline Ekanem has been awarded the Fen Arthur Prize by the University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom.

The award was presented to Ekanem in Lagos last week by a representative of the institution on behalf of Prof. Fenwick Arthur.

While presenting the award, the Principal Lecturer, International Recruitment and Collaboration Manager, University of Huddersfield, Ms. Julie Wilkinson, said Ekanem exhibited the required technological management skills and morals, stressing that it was an honour for the recipient to receive the prestigious award.

“This is an award that not only recognises her academic prowess, but also her management skills as far as her course is concerned and business wise, for it is a challenge for any international student to adjust to university life in the UK, but Caroline quickly settled in and made excellent progress on all her modules,” Wilkinson said.

In her reaction, Ekanem noted that she did well in the UK because of the sound educational system, which the country operated, adding that her skill in engineering management would be used to develop the Nigerian oil sector, as she had already been employed by ExxonMobil.

She said, “Education generally in the UK is intense because the government ensures that everything about your selected topic or department is covered, and we were exposed to a lot of hands-on in our respective subjects. This is a challenge for us in this country and I hope things change for the better.

“As for the skills I have garnered, I will use them to contribute to the growth of our economy as an engineering management employee of ExxonMobil.”

http://www.punchng.com/business/apointments-managements/nigerian-bags-uk-engineering-management-award/#comments
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by TeeJay6(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2012
Well done Ma'am, but Huddersfield, hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by ReachRich(m): 10:09am On Feb 23, 2012
Is it the same Caroline Ekanem in Nollywood?
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by Jemibee: 10:15am On Feb 23, 2012
I must admit i rushed to read this post thinking it's d same Nollywood caroline married to Danjuma. lol
Congrats Caroline!!
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by agog: 10:28am On Feb 23, 2012
good for you. secured future await you.
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by Cuteobi(f): 10:40am On Feb 23, 2012
Jemibee:

I must admit i rushed to read this post thinking it's d same Nollywood caroline married to Danjuma. lol
Congrats Caroline!!
I thot so too!! Nne well done!!
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by tanimola22: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2012
A nice achievement. Congrats.

These oil companies go for the exceptional few, but leave the average many to wallow in unemployment, even when it is clear that the latter are willing to give up a tooth to be with them. Is this not the same Exxon Mobil Nigeria that has an army of hopefuls waiting eagerly to be called to resume work?

hahaha, the more you signify interest, the less you get. Funny job market.
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by AjanleKoko: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2012
Engineering Management?

So who does the engineering, if everybody goes to study these 'fluff' courses at uni?
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 23, 2012
You can imagine my utter horror and shock when I saw the topic. I was wondering how that gold-digging bimbo could win any award for, of all things, engineering. Anyways, relieved to know it's a very different Caroline. Congrats to her, then!
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by gregg2: 10:52am On Feb 23, 2012
ReachRich:

Is it the same Caroline Ekanem in Nollywood?

Wondering too
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by pato405(m): 10:54am On Feb 23, 2012
Huddersfield?

Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by sandysprax(m): 10:55am On Feb 23, 2012
pato405:

Huddersfield?

Tee_Jay:

Well done Ma'am, but Huddersfield, hmmmmmmmmmm

What is wrong with hudderfield?
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by MrMurdah: 11:16am On Feb 23, 2012
All you hating n Huddersfield, I don't get it.

Even without her marital status, she still ups her chances of returning to Nigeria with a UK degree.

No matter the texture.
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by chamber2(m): 11:19am On Feb 23, 2012
pato405:

Huddersfield?

Bros she now works with ExxonMobil.
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by aglomar: 11:36am On Feb 23, 2012
Great! I wish to go in2 Tech Mgt,Technopreneurship too. Watch out 4 me.

Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by yuzedo: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
pro01:

You can imagine my utter horror and shock when I saw the topic. I was wondering how that gold-digging bimbo could win any award for, of all things, engineering. Anyways, relieved to know it's a very different Caroline. Congrats to her, then!
#DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
#Guilty too mehn! embarassed tongue That nollywood actress cant even pick beans talk more study engineering at masters level. . angry
By the way, wsup with everyone and Huddersfield? Is it a mediocre school?? undecided Or racist town??
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by Estyrhema(f): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2012
wats her surname?? EKANEM- well its in da blood wink cheesy
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by miriatataz: 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
yes o! Akwaibomites & N9as for life!
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by mystikal(m): 2:00am On Feb 24, 2012
ado ok
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Engineering Management?

So who does the engineering, if everybody goes to study these 'fluff' courses at uni?
Bros care to enlighten us on your discipline?
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by wills(m): 9:39am On Feb 24, 2012
This Caroline Ekanem obvosuly is not the Nollywood movie start, loads of people answer this name just check facebook and you will be surprised.

Huddersfield is a great town,an excellent learning destination,Just 30min to Manchester City by Train , 15 Min to Leeds by Train

Find out more about University of Huddersfield- Be the Judge -Take the tour your self,ignore the funny comments - http://www.hud.ac.uk/virtualtours/

Nigerian Student Society @ Huddersfield
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Students-Society-NSS-Huddersfield/193426034032871

International Office
http://www.facebook.com/UoHinternational
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by Raxxye(m): 10:56am On Feb 24, 2012
Etang ekak, Akwa Ibom ado ok!!!
Re: Nigerian Bags Uk Engineering Management Award by AjanleKoko: 1:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
fresh_dude:

Bros care to enlighten us on your discipline?

Avec plaisir. I studied electrical and electronic engineering. Bsc and Msc.

And my response to the question you didn't ask: I'm concerned that we produce a lot of 'management' people in Nigeria, and very few hands-on people. It gets less and less as time goes by.

(1) (Reply)

GMT To Nigerian Time / Many Use These Abbreviations Without Knowing Their Meaning. / MAPOLY Retirees Threaten To Sue Government Over Discrepancies In Pensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.