Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples (50101 Views)

A Photographic Tour Of Southwest Nigerian Peoples / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? / Pictures Of African Traditional Clothing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2012
Yewe2011:

is this a malagasay forum?

No its a Ethnic, Racial and sectarian politics forum. smiley
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2012

I like the Malagasy language it sounds nicegrin here is a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAQdRhcDY5k&feature=related

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by firestar(f): 12:06pm On May 24, 2012
@Morpheus
Lovely looking people.
@TerryCarr
You noticed too! Their language sounds melodious.
Thanks for the link.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:41pm On May 24, 2012
not ALL Malagsy look Asian. It is only the Highland tribespeople (Merina, Batiseleo. etc./) who have Asian features and who are in fact Polynesians from Borneo. The reason they have dark skin is due to climatic change and other such external factors. but you will notcie that they are just like darkly tanned Asians.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 12:32am On May 25, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
not ALL Malagsy look Asian. It is only the Highland tribespeople (Merina, Batiseleo. etc./) who have Asian features and who are in fact Polynesians from Borneo. The reason they have dark skin is due to climatic change and other such external factors. but you will notcie that they are just like darkly tanned Asians.
Yea Coastal people are mixed ones the Highlanders are not that mixed from the look of it.

Highlanders

Coastals

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by lepasharon(f): 11:19pm On May 31, 2012
Me i dey confused o!
So which race do thes ppl classify themselves
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:28am On Jun 01, 2012
lepasharon: Me i dey confused o!
So which race do thes ppl classify themselves

Highlanders (only pure tribespeople) = Asian Malays

Coastals (only pure tribespeople ) = Bantu Africans
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Coastals are not "Pure" tongue

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47am On Jun 02, 2012
you misunderstand me. i meant Coastals that purely belong to a single Madagascan Tribal Group : (E.g., Makoa, Sakalava, etc.) people.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by naijarican(f): 3:20am On Jun 12, 2012
morpheus24: Been continuing my studies on origins of African people and came across the inhabitants of Madagascar who are regarded as an equal DNA blend of Africn and Asian peoples( more recent arrivals).

This just goes to show that if you strip social stratifications imposed by "some" people who seek to structure world populations in a way the see fit. it is a natural tendency for humans to merge BIOLOGICALLY, SOCIALLY and PHYSICALLy to form new variations  without much infighting.

see pics below. They almost are a perfect blend of Asian and African. FASCINATING !!!

My cousin is black and filipino and she bares a strong resemblance to these people.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
naijarican:

My cousin is black and filipino and she bares a strong resemblance to these people.

Of course she would, its roughly the same blend

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

There is a high degree of african and asian admixtures in the coastal areas 50:50 spread, compared to the highlanders however this barrier is only a function of "location" as opposed to segregation.

All malagasy speak the asian derived language as it supplanted any African languages

Malagasy are not POLYNESIAN in origin but share similar vocabulary with Asians stretching all the way to the polynesian islands,. They are likely more "INDONESIAN"

POLYNESIANS are individuals who now reside in islands in the far pacific such as tonga, hawaii and the likes

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I do not agree with the above. 1500 years of settlement is not enough time to grossly alter the skin compostion of the native indonesians and besides if they carry a 50 percent DNA influence from EAst Africans that most likely would explains the borrowed features of the Africans

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 8:32pm On Jun 16, 2012

cheesy
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by pleep(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
Weird country.

that one chick with the turqoise background is kinda hot... Although a little too shiney. undecided
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2012

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
morpheus24:

I do not agree with the above. 1500 years of settlement is not enough time to grossly alter the skin compostion of the native indonesians and besides if they carry a 50 percent DNA influence from EAst Africans that most likely would explains the borrowed features of the Africans

it is enough time. i have notice this among many people settled overseas 100s of years back.
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 11:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

it is enough time. i have notice this among many people settled overseas 100s of years back.

The African Americans have lived in the American continent for close to 500 years. Do you see a significant alteration to their skin tone. And I stress "SIGNIFICANT"

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
morpheus24:

The African Americans have lived in the American continent for close to 500 years. Do you see a significant alteration to their skin tone. And I stress "SIGNIFICANT"

yes ofcourse. half of them look like whites. but african americans are not a good subject since they are all half-bred. let me give you a better example.
have youheard of the Parsi community they are a Persian Zorastrian community. 80 % of them fled to the hot tropical nation of India during 600 A.D. due to persecution by arabs. they are the "pure" IRanians and have strict rules on marriage. they escaped so as not to mix with arabs.

this is one such Iraian-Parsi man from India:

now compare with this Iranian man who lives in Iran:

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by SmoothCrim: 12:47am On Aug 16, 2012
They are Asian and have nothing to do with Africans
Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2012
I wonder why it is that some African and non-African people seem so interested in portraying any group from or near the African continent that is perceived as having some kind of "racially blended" look about them as automatically "beautiful," even when it's glaringly obvious from any and all actual pictures found in the thread or elsewhere online that the majority of the people are just average looking, like every other human population on earth. This phenomenon is currently manifesting itself in the culture section where a whole thread has been devoted to a particular Fulani subgroup, but the thread is very scant on information on the actual culture of this group and is instead focusing heavily on their facial features. I think some people have been subtly visually brainwashed.

4 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:14am On Aug 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: I wonder why it is that some African and non-African people seem so interested in portraying any group from or near the African continent that is perceived as having some kind of "racially blended" look about them as automatically "beautiful," even when it's glaringly obvious from any and all actual pictures found in the thread or elsewhere online that the majority of the people are just average looking, like every other human population on earth. This phenomenon is currently manifesting itself in the culture section where a whole thread has been devoted to a particular Fulani subgroup, but the thread is very scant on information on the actual culture of this group and is instead focusing heavily on their facial features.

cosign 100%

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 1:26am On Aug 16, 2012
SmoothCrim: They are Asian and have nothing to do with Africans
they are mixed with "Asian" and African and plus they are part of the AU so yeah

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 1:28am On Aug 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: I wonder why it is that some African and non-African people seem so interested in portraying any group from or near the African continent that is perceived as having some kind of "racially blended" look about them as automatically "beautiful," even when it's glaringly obvious from any and all actual pictures found in the thread or elsewhere online that the majority of the people are just average looking, like every other human population on earth. This phenomenon is currently manifesting itself in the culture section where a whole thread has been devoted to a particular Fulani subgroup, but the thread is very scant on information on the actual culture of this group and is instead focusing heavily on their facial features. I think some people have been subtly visually brainwashed.
good point lets put stuff about the nation and culture

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by TerryCarr(m): 1:33am On Aug 16, 2012
The Malagasy ethnic group forms over 90% of Madagascar's population and is divided into eighteen ethnic sub-groups. Recent DNA research revealed that the genetic makeup of the average Malagasy person constitutes an approximately equal blend of Austronesian and East African genes, although the genetics of some communities show a predominance of Austronesian or African origins or some Arab, Indian or European ancestry. Austronesian origins are most predominant among the Merina of the central highlands, who form the largest Malagasy ethnic sub-group at approximately 26% of the population, while certain communities among the coastal peoples (collectively called cĂ´tiers) have relatively stronger African origins

The number of ethnic groups of Madagascar has long been a point of contention and debate. The island of Madagascar is predominantly populated by people broadly classified as belonging to the broader Malagasy ethnic identity. This group is further sub-divided into 18 or more ethnic groups, although divisions are commonly based more on cultural or political factors than actual physiological distinctions. In addition, communities of Indians and Arabs have long been established on the island and have assimilated into local communities to varying degrees, in some places having long since become identified "Malagasy" ethnic groups, and in others maintaining distinct identities and cultural separation. More recent arrivals include Europeans and Chinese immigrants.

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by morpheus24: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
PhysicsQED: I wonder why it is that some African and non-African people seem so interested in portraying any group from or near the African continent that is perceived as having some kind of "racially blended" look about them as automatically "beautiful," even when it's glaringly obvious from any and all actual pictures found in the thread or elsewhere online that the majority of the people are just average looking, like every other human population on earth. This phenomenon is currently manifesting itself in the culture section where a whole thread has been devoted to a particular Fulani subgroup, but the thread is very scant on information on the actual culture of this group and is instead focusing heavily on their facial features. I think some people have been subtly visually brainwashed.

In defense to the title of this thread and as the originator, the reference to "beautiful blend" is connotated from the view that the actually blending of two groups of people that are anomalies of the status quo symbol of African phenotypical identity can be considered as such as opposed to a superficial inference to some idea that being mixed equals being beautiful.

That would be a nonsensical statement knowing fully well that there are beautiful people across every spectrum of races as there are r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d. people.

1 Like

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 4:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
morpheus24:

In defense to the title of this thread and as the originator, the reference to "beautiful blend" is connotated from the view that the actually blending of two groups of people that are anomalies of the status quo symbol of African phenotypical identity can be considered as such as opposed to a superficial inference to some idea that being mixed equals being beautiful.

Well I took the use of the word at face value, but I see what you were getting at although I don't necessarily agree with that either. As far as humans are concerned, to me a blend is just a blend.

2 Likes

Re: Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples by PhysicsQED(m): 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ pagan 9ja, I've seen some pretty pale and whitish looking Iranians just as I've seen some tanner and more olive skinned ones. Why are you under the impression that only the Persians in India represent the 'true' appearance of ancient Iranians? They could be slightly mixed with some darker Indian groups, after all.

I suspect that "pure" Iranians would be even whiter looking than the whitest looking Arabs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kegites: All I'm Karid Should Please Meet Here... / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation / Sango Olukoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.