Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,002 members, 7,849,038 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Was Your Best Position - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Best Position (7496 Views)

Ajah Excel-Anayo Runs For World Leadership Position (photos) / Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / OAU Takes The First Position In Bamidele Aturu Inaugural Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Best Position by Ibime(m): 12:25am On Feb 25, 2012
I never came first after Primary 1. The best I ever managed from Primary 2 to the end of Primary School was 3rd. . . . Soon as I started playing football in Primary 2, my grades had an inverse relationship to my football skills. . . . however I placed 4th in the whole of Rivers State in Common Entrance. . . that means when serious exam is on, boys buckle up! cool

I dont think I ever placed higher than 4th in Sec School. . . . but I never placed lower than 12th in me whole life except in JSS2 when I became a badt guy and started messing about and came 14th.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by CyberG: 12:47am On Feb 25, 2012
- Completed primary school in 4 years - with double promotions, multiple awards.
- Federal scholar, multiple scholarships since.
- Worst grade in secondary school C4 due to sickness during the physics theory exam, I couldn't see a thing! angry angry sad Otherwise all As in other subjects.
- Attended the best or top ranked schools in Naija and outside.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Oluwa4Sure: 6:22am On Feb 25, 2012
Some people I see here saying the took first and second,
we both went to same primary and Junior secondary school
Infact, we were both in thesame class all through. They are
all unrepentant OLODO's. Even, there a was time the principal
came to flog this particular guy(name withheld) for coming
last in class 3 times in a roll grin grin
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 25, 2012
Alwys been a 1st product but never had it because my math was and still Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ a disaster, ℓ̊ was fine with 4th or 5th but took last and repeated once in kg3 for refusing to write my math exam. ℓ̊ covered that mistake by passing necessary exams and going to jss 1 from pry 4. In secondary school, my best position was 14th through to 22nd. Then ℓ̊ changed school and became a star, 2nd all through from sss1 to grad.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by chrysso83(m): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2012
Lie lie people! Even people dat always rocked d bottom positions go come here claim first position. @poster na u find troible sha
Re: What Was Your Best Position by 4reigningqueen: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2012
was always 1st until a girl came towards the end of pry school.entered jss 1 and "carry" 77th out of 79 students.repeated jss1 and came back to 6th then 13th then up again and down till i finish ss3.in uni didnt do much comparison but was awarded by fellow students as the MOST INTELLIGENT.nothing feels better.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 25, 2012
All these people screaming lies, if an issue Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can't verify hurts Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ S̴̩☺̩ much then tell чυя own lie.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by BasseyJ(m): 10:06am On Feb 25, 2012
ehh, abeg forget my first post jhor, me too carry first right from nursery 1 to my present university, last semester sef na 1st i carry, i just dey wait make they paste this semester own, na still 1st i go carry
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Aussie(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2012
I was not brought up to do my home work in my pry sch days. I play and watch telematch, tales by moonlight, new masquerade a lot. I was always coming either last or second to the last in my early pry sch days but decided to start studying in pry six just before our common entrance and G2 exams then. I never passed tests in my pry sch. But i changed in pry six as i came 12th, 8th and 4th for the three terms in pry 6 and in that order. Started jss 1 when first term was almost up, can't recollect why again but i started well at apollo, ketu in the early 90's. We were over 100 in class then and at jss 2, the student with the best overall jss 1o and p result was appointed the class captain and dats happen to be me. Was surprised i culd came top of over 100 mates and i was captain till ss3 when appointed health prefect. Went to a fed poly thereafter and came over second in ND1, the first was a sickle celler lady who later died, and at ND2, i came overall first in my dept. Came back for HND and graduated with a Distinction and doing well in career now. I decided to tell this story so dat people will learn from it, if u see urself as a dullard now, u can shine with determination and God's favour. Thanks.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by all4Him: 12:40pm On Feb 25, 2012
Ones position in school is not a true yardstick for measuring his worth in life. If you are in a dull school , u will always take first position. On the other hand you may do very well and not have a good position when you have smart people in your class.in my secodary school,the grading system is the number of sujects u passed over the number you entered for. Eg 9/9, 7/9 etc.                                        It make more sense because u tend to focus on improving urself to b the best you can b rather than competing with some one else. At the end the day,what matters most in life is wether you became all that God wants u to b not how many people you beat in life.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by tanimola22: 3:03pm On Feb 25, 2012
all4Him:

Ones position in school is not a true yardstick for measuring his worth in life. If you are in a dull school , u will always take first position. On the other hand you may do very well and not have a good position when you have smart people in your class.in my secodary school,the grading system is the number of sujects u passed over the number you entered for. Eg 9/9, 7/9 etc.                                        It make more sense because u tend to focus on improving urself to b the best you can b rather than competing with some one else. At the end the day,what matters most in life is wether you became all that God wants u to b not how many people you beat in life.

This has been my problem too. I have once studied at an institution where the highest scorer's mark was made the standard for A+ or A and the lowest scorer's mark was the standard for F. This was irrespective of whether the lowest scorer scored 60 0r 50 O. Imagine that! Imagine being in a class of many geniuses (which has been my case for a while now).

I know one top naija student who got a 72% aggregate in his master's degree class in chemical engineering at Cambridge, but was one of the worst students in the same class. hahahahaha. There was nothing wrong with his score. In fact, it was excellent even by UK standards. However, almost all his colleagues were smarter than him because they got way above 72%. This was a guy whose undergraduate colleagues worshiped him while he was still at uni in Naija O. Anyway, the said guy is not doing badly now sha. He works for one of the multinational oil companies.

Grades are relative. I now see why professors use statements like 'top x% of his graduating class or bottom y% of his graduating class' when describing a student's intellectual ability in a letter of recommendation.

Everything in life is relative. Even beauty itself is relative! grin

T22
Re: What Was Your Best Position by freecocoa(f): 12:31am On Feb 26, 2012
I've never "carry 2nd" before right from day care to now in the university,even last semester sef i still came first eventhough one guy copied me and almost beat me but i passed him with 1.5 marks,I thank God for that. wink
Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 26, 2012
4 me pry 1-5 was first position, bt js1 was 3rd jss2-ss1 was 1st before i got xfer 2 anoda sch, SS2&3 was 3rd possition, I claimed 3rd in my first WASCE, wit 6 credit excluding chemistry, Bt got best result in my second WASCE with many A's and C's. I ended with distinction (3.86 GP) in Elect/ elect in Oscotech 2007 and graduated as best student in ELECT/ ELECT ENG. 2011 in LASPOTECH Ikorodu with Distinction (GP of 3.65), My friends refer to me as Ojo Iberu, But na God cos i dnt know how those A's came.

Re: What Was Your Best Position by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 26, 2012
4 me pry 1-5 was first position, bt js1 was 3rd jss2-ss1 was 1st before i got xfer 2 anoda sch, SS2&3 was 3rd possition, I claimed 3rd in my first WASCE, wit 6 credit excluding chemistry, Bt got best result in my second WASCE with many A's and C's. I ended with distinction (3.86 GP) in Elect/ elect in Oscotech 2007 and graduated as best student in ELECT/ ELECT ENG. 2011 in LASPOTECH Ikorodu with Distinction (GP of 3.65), My friends refer to me as Ojo Iberu, But na God cos i dnt know how those A's came.

Re: What Was Your Best Position by member479760: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2012
Fine boy congrat!
Re: What Was Your Best Position by yam: 11:49am On Feb 26, 2012
ngskylark:

Upon your brain u no no say na once you go post, u fit speak english now make person take cover,lol

Abeg everthing dey relative.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by yesboss20(m): 2:41pm On Feb 27, 2012
Wow! Interesting thread we've got here. My primary school days started out hotly contested, can't remember pry 1 but althru pry 2, I was 2nd in class (no thanks to one gal that whipped my behind back then).
Pry 3, I think 3rd positn was the ish,then frm pry 4-5, I was the 1st. Sec schl was crazy (public schl, ova 100 stds in each class): 1st frm Js1-3 but for 2 terms when I was beat to the pole spot by yet another girl and a close friend!
SS1-3, thngs got cataclysmic! Ss1 was terrible (7th, 2nd, 2nd) and ss2-3, it was 2nd all the way! One dude didn't let me get to the no.1 spot and I kinda got defeated b4 Waec.
SSCE was a cluster of B's, C's and a lone A.
Re: What Was Your Best Position by yesboss20(m): 3:22pm On Feb 27, 2012
Okay. The reply to the Q goes thus: my best position was first place frm the last term in pry 3 to the end of primary schl. In the Sec schl as well, 1st positn i Jss1 and 2 then a host of second places!
In the university, I aspire and pray to graduate 4th in my class so help me God. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply For African Scholarship Fair 2018 (Lagos Oriental Hotel) / Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Obafemi Awolowo University Nursing And Midwifery Diplomma Form Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.