Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? (10025 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? / Random And Crazy Posters Of The Prosperity Gospel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by lioncoolst(m): 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
logicboy:

Yes and no.

How is an illiterate shoemaker going to know
Some like, many here on Nairaland are educated and willfully ignorant. These people deserve condemnation and to be poor
Such persons are called 'Educated Illiterates'. The difference btwn them and the Shoemaker is just the Certificate.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Areaboy2(m): 1:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
lioncoolst: Such persons are called 'Educated Illiterates'. The difference btwn them and the Shoemaker is just the Certificate.

lol.. i couldn't have said it better myself
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by dorox(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2012
dolwell@yahoo:
bros why is it paining you now? Did they use your money to build it? Or is a university to big for God to build?
It pains me because it is sad to see a majority of my genetic kinsmen acting like a bunch of baboons.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Areaboy2(m): 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
dorox:
It pains me because it is sad to see a majority of my genetic kinsmen acting like a bunch of baboons.

since we are pratically cousins to apes, I can understand why they act like that. However, what I cant understand is how some of us can see the difference and others are just plain blind to it. undecided
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Sike(m): 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
Logic Mind: anybody that gives his hard earned money to pastors deserve all the poverty coming his way.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by kaymatic: 3:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
Do something meaningful with ur life and stop complaining abt others
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by 2good(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
kaymatic: Do something meaningful with ur life and stop complaining abt others

Alot of us are already doing something meaningful with our life and are just concern about the general well being of the less fortunate Nigerians who have been deceived and deluded by the society they find themselves. There should be a minimum standard of life every human should have and currently in Nigeria we are very much far from being close to that minimum standard.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by 3kay945(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2012
kaymatic: Do something meaningful with ur life and stop complaining abt others
I hope u re' not complaining about the government too? just asking.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by elampiro(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
One of the reasons our government officials will not change is because they hardly hear the truth. And the supposed custodians of the truth have chosen to twist the truth for their own greed and profit. The truth should be told and preached by the church so that the leaders will hear and utilize our God's given resources judiciously for the benefit of all. I think the majority of these prosperity preachers are rather inciting the government officials to accumulate wealth for themselves at the expense of the populace. Now, every one wants to impress the pastor and shine in the eyes of the congregation. This is not the gospel of Jesus Christ. ........... See below some gospel of Jesus Christ. I posted this earlier in another topic. (1).Peter the Rock was a successful fisherman, but when he was called, he left everything and followed Jesus.''I will make you fishers of men''. This means to fish men for heaven and not for worldly wealth. Math 4.18. (2). '' You cannot worship God and money'' Math 6:24. '' No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money''. Jesus Christ. (3). Jesus told the rich young man to go and sell all his property, and give the money to the poor, and he will have treasure in heaven; and then come follow Him Mathew19:21. (4). '' Do not store treasure for yourself on earth where thief can enter and steal and moth can destroy, but in heaven where no thief can enter or rust or moth destroy. For where your treasure is, there also your heart will be'' Jesus Christ in Math 6.19. (5). The parable of the sower. Jesus made us know that because of the cares and worries of this world, some believers will miss heaven. Mathew 13:22. '' Now he who sowed seeds among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choked the word, and he becomes unfruitful.'' Jesus Christ. ............................... All of the above are from the Gospel, that is, Jesus' own words. Not old testament or act of the apostles, but the Master himself. Finally, I didn't hear of any investments or material acquisition by the apostles, but instead they gave up those pursuits for salvation. It is shocking these days how preaching has been geared towards prosperity and material acquisition but the very salvation that is the sole reason for Christianity has been relegated to the background. NOTE AND VERY KEY: Math 7:21-23. ''Not everyone who says to Me Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven but he who does the will of My Father in heaven''. ''Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'' ''And then I will declare to them ' I never knew you; depart from Me, you evil doer''.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by newjerusalem(m): 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2012
U guys must be careful.stop al dis things!evrytin dat is happenin is meant 2 be.ve u nt studied n meditated on what is spoken ahead of d end time church.pls read prov 8 n ask d holyspirit 2 help u.I think there is another devil u people nd 2 pray against apart from d normal devil, d devil called ignorance.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Zodiac61(m): 11:32pm On Jun 09, 2012
newjerusalem: U guys must be careful.stop al dis things!evrytin dat is happenin is meant 2 be.ve u nt studied n meditated on what is spoken ahead of d end time church.pls read prov 8 n ask d holyspirit 2 help u.I think there is another devil u people nd 2 pray against apart from d normal devil, d devil called ignorance.

What nonsense is this?
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by BUSHMAN1: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2012
dolwell@yahoo:
bros why is it paining you now? Did they use your money to build it? Or is a university to big for God to build?
just because they didnt use his money to build it, does not mean he shouldnt have an opinion on it
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by waters2012: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
Many Godless folks on NL. Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools. They way of truth have they not known. Speaking lies in hypocrisy.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by 2good(m): 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
waters2012: Many Godless folks on NL. Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools. They way of truth have they not known. Speaking lies in hypocrisy.

Which of the gods are you talking about?
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by dorox(m): 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
waters2012: Many Godless folks on NL. Thinking themselves to be wise, they became fools. They way of truth have they not known. Speaking lies in hypocrisy.
Have you ever wondered who the people are that jesus would deny knowing even though claimed to have performed miracles in his name? if you haven't then you are probably one of them - prosperity gospel salesmen.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by Jerry2i(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
dare2think:

The Point=Greed on the part of all parties involved.
GBAM!!!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by dolwellyahoo: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
BUSH MAN: just because they didnt use his money to build it, does not mean he shouldnt have an opinion on it
did I say anything about his opinion? I only expressed my opinion, I dnt see why it should be paining anyone.. Provided you feel you are not part of it. What I know is tht it is good to be rich. Poverty is not from God, I believe everyone on this forum likes to be rich, if you feel someone is getting his wealth tru deceiving pple, it is just ur opinion nothing more. You can't stop it, you can't do anything abt it. Men simply hate what they cannot conquer.
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by CosmicJames(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: There is no truth about heaven, hell or paradise. These are all global control mechanisms to keep humans in check. I am sorry, the Bible is too old to regulate 21st century fast life.
No, that will mean to say that God is too old to regulate the 21st century. The bible you see is not just an ordinary book like the ones you see in shops. 21st century is very tiny for the bible to regulate. Even the world at 200st, the bible will still regulate it!
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by BUSHMAN1: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
dolwell@yahoo:
did I say anything about his opinion? I only expressed my opinion, I dnt see why it should be paining anyone.. Provided you feel you are not part of it. What I know is tht it is good to be rich. Poverty is not from God, I believe everyone on this forum likes to be rich, if you feel someone is getting his wealth tru deceiving pple, it is just ur opinion nothing more. You can't stop it, you can't do anything abt it. Men simply hate what they cannot conquer.
so your idea of accquiring wealth is by deceiving your fellow human beings,if you beleif that why have you not opened up your own church? after all its very easy to manipulate nigerians especially when you mention GOD,
Re: Prosperity Pastors Increasing Poverty? by dolwellyahoo: 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
BUSH MAN: so your idea of accquiring wealth is by deceiving your fellow human beings,if you beleif that why have you not opened up your own church? after all its very easy to manipulate nigerians especially when you mention GOD,
I agree with you on only one point where you said it is easy to deceive Nigerians not becos of the mention of God but becos we hv many unlearned pple but I dnt think you are getting my point, those who you feel are being deceived, don't feel tht way. My question to you is why are u drinking panadol for another man's headache? You are free to speak ur mind but u cannot stop anything. Only God can so cheer up bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All Possible Quiz Questions From The Bible Book Of Joshua / Pastorpreneurs part I. The Church Businessmen Exposed / Oshun River Goddess Possess A Beautiful Girl At Osogbo Festival (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.