Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

State Of The Union: Your Part - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of The Union: Your Part (2219 Views)

El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos / Nasir El-Rufai To Sue 'The Union' Over False Assets Report / El-rufai Declares N90bn Assets, Owns 40 Houses In Abuja, Kaduna - The Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of The Union: Your Part by CNtuko(m): 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2012
Only a fool tries to invent what he could copy.
Only a fool doubts the truth that he sees.
A friend came calling last Sunday and suggested that I read President Obama’s State of the Union Address.
It took me 6 days to read it.
Yes. 6 days!
I read it slowly.
It was not a speech.
It was a road map of where President Obama’s America is headed.
He raised their present problems and proffered direct solutions.
Like Nigeria, one of their present problems is unemployment.
But unlike Nigeria, Obama as a president has thought through it and working with his team came out with practical direct solutions.
Take for instance their tax system that encourages company to outsource manufacturing abroad.
He commits to reversing it by instituting a tax rebate for American companies that bring back their manufacturing to American soil.
He didn’t stop there. He announced the creation of Trade Enforcement Unit that will investigate unfair trading practices in countries like China.   
In Nigeria, the truth today is that graduate unemployment is on the increase.
The truth today is that our leaders have lost faith in the state of the union called Nigeria.
Hence, their unquenchable thirst to host their stolen billions elsewhere but Nigeria.
They fund malls in Dubai, buy factories in China, build refineries in neighboring African countries . . .
The truth today is that you, who are reading this note, have your part to play in reversing the failure of humanity in Nigeria.
You may not change the whole lot by one stroke.
You need not invent a new way of solving graduate unemployment.
You can copy from President Obama, by applying direct solution that works.
How about that one chap that is very creative in your neighborhood.
You have been handing him stipends from time to time.
“I didn’t make this world, neither am I his parents,” so you think. “I have done my part, let Charles and the rest of his crew do theirs”.
He doesn’t need much. He only needs direct intervention, which might not even cost you a dime.
Can you just stop acting busybody and sit down to listen to his ideas?
You can point him to the right direction.
You can commit him to success through his desperation to make it.
You can still choose to continue to hand him stipends.
The choice is yours.
Chose for yourself!
Today is the day.
Now is the time.

With Love from Charles Ntuko
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by segebaba2(m): 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2012
what a biant piece you've just rendered.May it percolate through our thick skull and germinate the desired fruit
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by Gbam1: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2012
Naked Truth!! Good one bro
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by realborn(m): 4:00pm On Feb 25, 2012
Saw the documentary on Obama's road to the White House today and I was moved beyond measure. Yes, he may have not achieved a tenth of his campaign manifesto cum promises, but the fact remains he is astutely passionate about the mandate given to him and committed to giving Americans the much desired change.
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by dmainboss: 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2012
The funny thing about posts like this is that it appears intelligent but in the end, it is a bundle of ignorance. The problem of Nigeria has never been well tought out plans and road map. It has always been a people, not just a government alone, that have the heart to follow it and have it work. That is why a piece like the Obama state of the union speech will never impress any one who has a clear head. Obama has refused to leave campaign mode even after 3 and half years. If it was GEJ, the likes of you will come out shouting its all promises and no action. The truth is, at the end of the day, all men are the same. Whether in America or Nigeria, fundamental human behavior and characteristics are the same. The only difference is the social-cultural environment that exist. Africa and specifically Nigeria still has a barbaric social-cultural environment and we just pray a major event will occur to change that.
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by wowo2: 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2012
A govt that doesn't know how much (oil) it exports or how much it makes cannot plan for anyone even if it stops thinking ocada drivers are self-employed. If they say there are plans, then they can never achieve anything.
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by ndahbros1: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2012
The simple thing is that no human government can get it right, be it Obama, GEJ, or whosoever.
I just take everything my govt does as one of those things, knowing full well that the President may not even be able to rule his own household, talkless of over 170 million people.
I await the Kingdom of God.
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by quest55(m): 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2012
Libyans kill Ghad fora beta lyf now them they cry and confused
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by 8inch: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2012
wowo2:

A govt that doesn't know how much (oil) it exports or how much it makes cannot plan for anyone even if it stops thinking ocada drivers are self-employed. If they say there are plans, then they can never achieve anything.

cry cry cry cry
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by Krazylover: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2012
May it percolate through our thick skull and germinate the desired fruit[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by texazzpete(m): 5:36pm On Feb 25, 2012
dmainboss:

The funny thing about posts like this is that it appears intelligent but in the end, it is a bundle of ignorance. The problem of Nigeria has never been well tought out plans and road map. It has always been a people, not just a government alone, that have the heart to follow it and have it work. That is why a piece like the Obama state of the union speech will never impress any one who has a clear head. Obama has refused to leave campaign mode even after 3 and half years. If it was GEJ, the likes of you will come out shouting its all promises and no action. The truth is, at the end of the day, all men are the same. Whether in America or Nigeria, fundamental human behavior and characteristics are the same. The only difference is the social-cultural environment that exist. Africa and specifically Nigeria still has a barbaric social-cultural environment and we just pray a major event will occur to change that.

brainless dolt! Obama is in 'campaign mode' because this is an election year, you muppet!
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by dmainboss: 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^^your insults only expose you. Obama has never left campaign mode
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by 50calibre(m): 5:53pm On Feb 25, 2012
i watched the state of the union address, and to me it sounded more like self hype. obama on several occasions boasting of how great america is and will always be.  

Obama is an orator capable of making great speeches, but everyone knows that things are easier said than done. i can remember the great promises he made to the american people during his presidential campaign but how many of them has he fulfilled? just like the republican currently promising heaven and earth if elected.

and as for the unfair trading with china, i think the relationship is mutual. america needs china as much as the china need america as a matter of fact, america needs china (who doesnt?) with their population and rapid economic growth, it isnt hard to see why they are indispensable so america should just deal with the fact that there is an emerging world power. that is what they get for fighting stupid wars which doesnt concern them and ending up with massive debt.

as for nigeria, corruption is so deeply rooted to the extent that it is very hard to see any solution just like a terminal cancer. dont mean to be a pessimist but if we are honest, there is no hope for nigeria cos its gotten to a point of no return
Re: State Of The Union: Your Part by oiseworld: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2012
good one, on your very first post. We hope u keep it up. Charles.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Calls Ait Demands One-on-one With Mr President / Ijaw Militant get N65,000,Police N28k,army N35k That Is Bad-Musiwa / UNPRECEDENTED: Kaduna – Ikot Ekpene Rail Line To Start Operation... Is this True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.