Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Nokia Finally Called: - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nokia Finally Called: (1857 Views)

Wema Bank As Finally Called for their aptitude test / Nimasa Has Finally Called 4 Aptitude Test. / Dragnet Has Finally Called For An Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

Nokia Finally Called: by Nautillus(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2007
Hello everyone.
Help me thank God. i finally got the Nokia job i want. i have been wanting 2 leave Microsoft for some time now.
Coca cola has Been calling but they have refused to pay the 12M p.a i ask for.
a colleague got BDM for MTN for 14M p.a. lucky guy.
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by Matured26(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2007
Ha Nautillus,
Na money you dey call like this?
Dont let pple start crying ooooo.
Some pple have not even perceived a job of 1.2M Per annum talkless of 12 M.
All the same, congrats and I wish you the best at ur new job.
Take care
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by clutch162(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2007
Nautillus, i cudnt belive my eyes when i caught sight of N12.i assumed u forgot to put a dot btw 1 &2 =N1.2.
Bros , i thank God for you.
meanwhile i wud like to know , 4 how long have u been working. just to put a distinction between how young u really are and hw long u have been working.
Safe
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by Nautillus(m): 10:48am On Oct 24, 2007
Hey clutch,

dont be surprised!! alot of very young Nigerians that school here are earning big money here.

I'm 31 and been working for Six years now.

Its just God and some work on your own end. i would say that i am 1 of the lucky ones.

Finnished from AAU in 99 ( Exactly 4 years in Uni), Served btw 2000-01, won an IT trainning schorlaship that ran btw 2001-02. finnised ans joinned one of the biggest multinational in Nija.

The rest as its said, is history.

12 Million isnt 2 big oh. of my 3 former bosses

One got a job in Canada that earns him abt $200,000 p.a last year.

Another one is joint conoil some months back and is receiving abt N 38 Million p.a

the 3rd one is with Glo( Regional SW) taking N18 Million.

i guess its the multinational first job thing that mostly responsible sha,
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by Geezle(m): 12:11pm On Oct 24, 2007
@ poster,

Congrats o! It doesnt come easy but I think u've got what it takes to get to where u are today.

Abeg help the few of us that u can help, if possible.

For me, working in Microsoft will be a dream come true. shocked

Please holla at me : [email]acegery@yahoo.com[/email], maybe we can work something out.

Cheers.

PS:

Lets know what u read and what u are using to get to where u are today.
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by oyinsho(f): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2007
Congrats,
Really i can feel you, but just help d few people like us with watever connection you used,i
I really dnt mind anything, just dnt want to be stranded after service year
oyinda5@yahoo.com
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by soulonfire(f): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2007
WAOW!! CONGRATSSS!!

But plz, wot was ur discipline (1st degree) and wich Comp. Scholarship did u get (at wich of the schools and wich module/course)
Plz ur response is about to save a soul here.

CONGRATS AGAIN!!
Also, how did u apply or hear of the Nokia opening. OoHH do plz give wind. thank you.
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by VESSELS: 7:47am On Oct 25, 2007
All I can say is congrats Oh
I can't wait to be earning that kind of money
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by mudom(m): 9:21am On Oct 25, 2007
Bros, I'm extremely happy for you.

Some people dey look for 1.2m job or anyhow, some dey make noise for 3m job wey dem get, when I read this,

Ummmmh!

Pally lets share and learn from your success story,
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by ehie007(m): 9:24am On Oct 25, 2007
Where and how did u get the IT schorlaship training.
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by Nautillus(m): 10:37am On Oct 25, 2007
Ok ok.

i will try to anwser all of your question.

1. I attended and graduated from the then Edo State University now Ambrose Alli university and i'm disciplined as an Industrial Mathematics.

2. I graduated with a regular 2.2 degree just like most Nigerians.

3. I hail from a regular humble background just. Three square meals, nice apartment, 1 dad 1 mum, several bros - sis and a dog. nothing out of the ordinary.

4. the IT school was (i say "was" because i dont think it exit anymore) organised by an NGO owned by 1 of the most popular families in the west ( i'm sorry i cant mention its name for identity reasons). 25 of us were selected from a pool of about 1400 applicant after several rigorous test sessions.

5. we were taught almost evrything in IT spanning both hardware and software(practical and theory) by a group of well grounded Pros to the point were APTECH was will to recruit some of us half way thru the internship.

6. No extraodinary "connection" at all. infact it was a friend that worked at a bank near Microsoft office that sent my resume there. i wanted 2 actually work in a Bank after school.

7. I'm a season Marketing professional now as that has been the line that i was channeled thru from my first job. ( it was souly there dicision, after all the test and interview session. they felt i would do very well as a marketer and the pushed me in that direction)

I hope i have been able to answer most(if not all) of ur various questions.
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by SecondNjoy(f): 10:43am On Oct 25, 2007
Job with Nokia - so?
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by opokonwa(m): 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2007
Congrats Nautillus,

I woul like to be like you NO, MORE THAN YOU as soon as possible. grin

DON'T MIND THE PLAYERHATER. sad
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by opokonwa(m): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Nautillus,

Is there any more vacancies in NOKIA or even MICROSOFT?

I currently work in a telecoms company as an Account Officer in charge of Internatinal Voice Traffic. I am also the Business Contact Person for what is a team of many disciplined sub-units.

But I would not mind a change in any more exciting environment. wink

Any links, advice or help?
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by DRANOEL(m): 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2007
i am really surprised you guys believed all the crap this dude is saying
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by saintauch(m): 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2007
do u guys believe what this guy have just said. it is highly unbelievable to me. how can he say he is marketer when he can not even convince people like me. i guess he is trying to tease us.
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by Geezle(m): 3:13pm On Oct 25, 2007
UNA too dey beef person sef!!!

How can something like that not happen?

Lets be realistic: People earn big with their qualifications, personae and work output.

His former bosses work for Adenuga - Glo and Conoil- and we know what that means.

Let it be known that he said 12m per annum not per month

Peace out
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by doncnn(m): 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Nautillus

abeg! i cant shoutooo, mennn u really deserve it all, u r really a wonderful man, its not everybody that will be good enough to come out here saying all these, yea! u may not know d good u r doing by telling us all these, first of all, u have made us to know that we have not yet started[for freshers], secondly, u have made us to think and dream big, but do u know what? u have gotten more blessings for urself by letting us praise God on ur behalf.and because God is receiving glory on account of ur confession, u r more blessed.

pls in case u anything good, im available, and im good in PABX system, and IT and im graduate of elect/elect engr, my email:    lennymario@yahoo.com

God bless us all
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by opokonwa(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2007
Geezle:

UNA too dey beef person sef!!!

How can something like that not happen?

Lets be realistic: People earn big with their qualifications, personae and work output.

His former bosses work for Adenuga - Glo and Conoil- and we know what that means.

Let it be known that he said 12m per annum not per month

Peace out

Beef no be small thing o! grin

Boys wey no dey earn 'shit' dey analyse and criticize those wey dey earn well.

Hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE UNA GO FIND JOB! sad
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by opokonwa(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2007
12 Million isnt 2 big oh. of my 3 former bosses

One got a job in Canada that earns him about $200,000 p.a last year.

Another one is joint conoil some months back and is receiving about N 38 Million p.a

the 3rd one is with Glo( Regional SW) taking N18 Million.

i guess its the multinational first job thing that mostly responsible sha,
from Nautillus

I personally agree with you because I work in Glo and I know we pay our Regional Managers something between N18-N20 million p.a depending on performance.

I have also seen young boys your age who earn far more than you in Glo One I know earns N22 million p.a shocked It depends on one's job description, negotiation and performance. God's Grace cannot be excluded!

I have also seen such jobs online which can fetch on $200,000 p.a but unfortunately, I am yet to see one I am qualified to apply.

I also do not think it is the multinational job thing that is mostly responsible sad DIVINE FAVOUR MY FRIEND. wink

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A LINK TO A 'FAT PAYING FAST-TRACK' CAREER?!
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by clutch162(m): 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2007
Nautillus. u dey turn to star 4 here b dat o! Obviously, money makes one shine.

Bros i get more personal questions 4 u.
1.where in in Nigeria(Lagos) do u live. Land, Water, Mid-Air
2.where in nigeria do u visit frequently to relax
3.How much do u pay as your young kid school fees, or they study abroad at an early age too.
4.what kind of car do u ride, what year
5. is your wife a stay at home mum that travels abroad monthly
6. do u visit the gym

my God! just realized my list is endless.

haahahah, just kidding.
wnt mind havin the answers to. but i belive u aint that idle-make i no use the word jobless
Re: Nokia Finally Called: by Geezle(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2007
PLAYAHATERS, grin DONT HATE THE PLAYA, HATE THA GAME cry

IT AINT EASY IN NAIJA, SO NO BIFF NOBODY wink

Bankkphb Uk Educational Loan / P&g Key Account Manager, Fresh Graduate Reasoning Test / Nysc Corpers & Business Managers Wanted