Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,585 members, 7,865,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

My Experiance At The Federal High Court, Aduwawa Benin City - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experiance At The Federal High Court, Aduwawa Benin City (818 Views)

Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial / Terrible Situation Of Benin Auchi Road By Aduwawa / The Update From The Federal High Court Abuja 5th Of Feb 2015 Of Imo State Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experiance At The Federal High Court, Aduwawa Benin City by iluvnaija: 9:26am On Feb 26, 2012
I was at the Federal High Court at Aduwawa, behind INEC Office Benin City on friday 24th February to swear an affidavit. What I saw there yesterday has really prove to me that Nigeria as a Nation is sunk in the ocean of corruption.

This is what I experienced.
After typing the document, I was directed to an first where I will be attended to. When I got there I met a gentle man

who attended to me without wasting time and Instructed that as soon as he signed the document I should go to the cashiers

office to pay the official amount of =N=100 only that no other amount is required and that who ever ask us for more

money, we should come back to inform him. I was shocked, surprised and proud once again to be a Nigerian. When I got to

the cashiers office to pay the said amount and get my document signed, I met few persons waiting in line grumbling so I

asked what is going on one of them said they have been waiting for long just to sign document that when (he) the 1st

person in line came that there was nobody around, he met the cashier and the cashier asked him to wait outside. I was mad

as hell! I said "Just to sign document?" It was when the cashier heard that we are getting angry and the matter is

getting out of hand that was when the cashier came out and ask us to bring our documents for him to sign and collect the

official amount, because he was unorganized, those who came last were the first to get their document signed while thos

who came first were last.
After then we were directed to the last office for the last part and final of all signatures to be signed, It was another

round of queue. What is going on again? I asked, One of them in line said "The woman in charge said we should wait

outside that we should wait outside. I was really surprised with what I saw. She was feeling very reluctant to sign

(because she has been deprived of the bribe she was getting as a result of signing any document). After much waiting I

got my document signed.

MY TAKE:
Why is is that when Most Nigerians are looking for jobs they'll behave and pretend as if they are going to take their

work seriously but the moment the secure it, their true colour will come to light. Thats why when you go to govt schools

most teachers are not in class, the only time you see them is during ending of the month, without being told that is

salary period. I thing I noticed about Nigerians and it is really killing us is PRIDE. We pretend to know everything and

we end up knowing nothing and that is why they always say this parable that "If you want to hide something from a

blackman, put it in a book."
Another example is when a dollar is added to a litre of Petrol, even rich Americans will grumble because of the massive

effect on the economy but here in Nigeria, Nigerians who can afford it would like to showoff.
Re: My Experiance At The Federal High Court, Aduwawa Benin City by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 26, 2012
you made sense, nigeria is a joke na

(1) (Reply)

Pension Scam: I Made $544k From Pure Water, Says accused / New N20bn Bond(loan) Will Transform Ekiti State - Fayemi / The Parable Of The Snake And Rat - By Sam Omatseye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.