Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Do I Attached Pdf To My Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Attached Pdf To My Site (831 Views)

How To Send Document Files Like PDF On Whatsapp / How To Remove Localhost From My Site ? / I Need A Good Payment Processor That Can Accept ATM Payment On My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Attached Pdf To My Site by infoman007(m): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
Good day Nairalander,
Please i want to know how to attach a pdf file to my site so that it will appear for people to view.
e,g like LASU admission list or list of items
Re: How Do I Attached Pdf To My Site by yawatide(f): 5:41am On Feb 27, 2012
If I understand what you mean, then it is like any other anchor tag, as in:
<a href="link to pdf">pdf file name or reference</a>

Note: I like to do 2 additional things with PDFs
1) use target="_blank" as I don't want to take away from the user's experience
2) I like to specify 2 things:
a) that the link they are about to click is a PDF and include the size of the file (good for those who have to pay for their bandwidth)
b) that they might want to download the latest adobe reader (and provide a link to that site)
Re: How Do I Attached Pdf To My Site by doncigalo: 9:17am On Feb 27, 2012
simply create another folder in your web directory (you can call it anything you like), upload the pdf file to that we bfolder and use the HTML syntax that yawatide has posted above.
Re: How Do I Attached Pdf To My Site by infoman007(m): 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2012
Thanks for the info i will work on it

(1) (Reply)

Naija's Intending Best E-learning Website / Very Colorfully Mixed And Simple (web Review Needed) / Nairaland The 8th Most Visited Website In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.