Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Learning About The Yoruba: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learning About The Yoruba: (846 Views)

Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / Igbo learning thread + Translator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learning About The Yoruba: by BuffaloSoldier(m): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
A couple of months ago, I decided to do the DNA thing like all of the celebrities, I know that they only test one branch, Despite the results, I wouldnt go around claiming anything African, Im still a American, I love my culture, But, I was just curious cuz I know my ancestors come from Africa, Well, my brother beat me to it, He took the test for our paternal side, My father-his father-- and so on, The results came back Yoruba in present day Nigeria, I have heard bad things about Nigerians, Even from Africans, They say that they scam people and sell drugs and all that, But, I know everyone is not bad, Anyway,, I guess my direct paternal grandfather was a man from Nigeria, I just wanna know something about the people out of curiosity and nothing more, I wonder what hapenned, Was he a criminal, a low person in society?!?1 It doesnt matter just wondering, Thanks,

oh, I did read about Yoruba's and having twins, I have twin boys and alot of my cousins on my father side does too,

Re: Learning About The Yoruba: by kodewrita(m): 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2012
Cool man. Check amazon, there's a book on history of the yorubas. Its  an interesting read.

(1) (Reply)

An Angry & Frustrated Society: / Cultural places/events to visit/do during vacation / Merge Of Dualities – Your Way To The Kingdom Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.