Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer (2794 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Chelsea Sign A New Defender Cezar Azpilicueta / BREAKING NEWS: Van Persie Will Not Sign A New Contract With Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2006
He is known to be a developer of Players but he is buying now.

He is going for ready-made materials at last.

He has secretely bought the tallest Striker in the world.

The 6ft 10in player will join Arsenal in the summer.

His name is Nikola Zigic (a Serbian National).

Did Wenger actually need this man ?

Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by vichel(m): 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2006
Is this true? where did u curl the story from? am interested
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by pie1ect(m): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2006
Akolawole, The fact that he happens to be taller than Jan Koller(if indeed he is) does not make him a ready-made material.

I've read this story but as it has not been confirmed by the Arsernal website, I'm still a lil' bit skeptical. Anyway I hope he comes in.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 12:56pm On Mar 22, 2006
@Pie1ect: Why can't he stick to your principle of "academy grooming"?
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by giddy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2006
I think Wenger is confused.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by vichel(m): 9:02pm On Mar 22, 2006
No he's not confused at all, he wants to have all options available to him, he's players are best on the ground, why not try to improve your air strike incase your ground fails at a particular game. If he buys this player, and he is very good, i would welcome it, i would even welcome a winger, so that we could be an all rounder team.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by richolly(m): 12:59am On Mar 23, 2006
why are you chelsea fans always against anything Wenger or Arsenal does.

@giddy
what do you know about football or coaching that you labelled Wenger "confused"

@Akolawole
the six footer is relatively unknown and i'm sure wenger will turn him to a star if he evntually buys him. even kanu was better known when he moved to arsenal

sincerely speaking, it will be better if we could just put sentiments aside and say things as they really are which is why i always love the contributions of CODEC and PIE1ECT
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 1:26am On Mar 23, 2006
@RichOlly
Who is unknown ?, maybe you dont know him.
He is a Serbian Striker. He is an established star.

1) Is Alexander Hleb unknown? and

2) Is Adebayo unknown?

3) Is Reyes unknown?
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by LoverBwoy(m): 1:44am On Mar 23, 2006
academy grooming is not arsenal's only principle!!!

hleb and reyes were relatively unknown!!
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by richolly(m): 12:59am On Mar 24, 2006
@Akolawole,

i said R-E-L-A-T-I-V-E-L-Y UNKNOWN

thanks LoverBwoy for re-explaining
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 1:52am On Mar 24, 2006
@LoverBwoy and RichOlly

Why can't those genuine Gunners fault me on this. Where is Pie1ect ?

Both of you may not know them but i do.

1) Alexander Hleb had played in Bundesliga for 5 years at VFB Stuttgart. He is an international since 2001 when his country played Wales in Cardiff.

2) Reyes was playing in Spanish liga with Seville, started playing for Spain in 2003 in a game against Portugal.

So , Are they established before joinning your team?

Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by pie1ect(m): 9:49am On Mar 24, 2006
@Akolawole
Here I am.

If you compare the popularity of the players you've mentioned before and after they made their move to Arsenal, you can say they were relatively unknown. Of course, most of us who watch spanish football, got to see Reyes once in a while and if you did watch German football, you saw Hleb once in a while too. That doesn't mean they were not established at their respective clubs.
But moving to a big English club like Arsenal is a whole different ball game entirely and if you can cut it in the English league, your value and popularity goes over the roof literally overnight.
Zigic may have scored 50 goals in one season, but I have to be honest - I had never heard of him before Wenger went in for him.

I would agree though, Wenger's Policy seems to have changed a lil' bit with the last few transfers - Adebayor/Hleb.
But the one thing that has not changed and maybe will never change is his insistence on youth development.
Currently, the average age of the Arsenal team is between 21-24.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2006
@Pie1ect

Thanks for your comments and your quick response.
I called on you because i know you are not a theoretical Arsenal supporter, you have watched their matches both on TV and live and you get those facts.

Thanks once again for coming out to "SAVE" from people who taught they know but knows NOTHING about Arsenal.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by LoverBwoy(m): 1:29am On Apr 07, 2006
sometimes u annoy me esp as it concern my team i just fely like being rude to u but hmmm i'll pass

why r u so bothered about arsenal? undecided

Where is this player now?

I'll advice u to stop reading the Sun newspaper as they tend to jump the gun in searching of the exclusive story
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2006
LoverBwoy:

sometimes u annoy me esp as it concern my team i just fely like being rude to u but hmmm i'll pass
why r u so bothered about arsenal? undecided

Annoy you?

Rude to me?

No comments sir!

If it is constructive criticsm, i am okay. But i am not going to accept wrongful information because i dont want you to angry with me.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 2:08am On Apr 15, 2006
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006170420,00.html
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by 02(m): 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2006
Akolawole,by relatively unknown player,it means players not well known eg.prior to del horno joining chelsea,he was not well known becos he played 4 (Athletico Bilbao).so the same goes 4 Hleb and Reyes.

Gilberto,Edu,lauren,Campbell,Ljunberg, all came into Arsenal as established players and not groomed from Academy.So stay flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2006
02:

Akolawole,by relatively unknown player,it means players not well known eg.prior to del horno joining chelsea,he was not well known because he played 4 (Athletico Bilbao).so the same goes 4 Hleb and Reyes.

Gilberto,Edu,lauren,Campbell,Ljunberg, all came into Arsenal as established players and not groomed from Academy.So stay flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,

I dont agree with you.

An untapped talent may be UNKNOWN but International is Known irrespective of of his Country.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by LoverBwoy(m): 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2006
Tall Story grin

Fat chance!!
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by kitaun(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2006
@Akola

More from your reservoir of beef threads, u asked me to resurrect your hitherto unpopular threads and here it comes cool tongue

So what happened to the info on this 'signing' that never came through but you were so willing to feed us with as if we were local magas? shocked grin

Come to think of it, were you dey hide now abi you need sometime to come out of your hibernation.Lol grin
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by mukina2: 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2006
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by vichel(m): 2:04am On Oct 11, 2006
me too i never see the guy for arsenal colors this season oh, abi nor be the same gunners we dey talk about.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by otolorin(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2006
Akolawole:

have watched their matches both on TV and live and you get those facts.

does watchin the match live giv a better perspective to analysin?

Akolawole:

Thanks once again for coming out to "SAVE" from people who taught they know but knows NOTHING about Arsenal.

i personally have a problem with the above! - those of us that know "nothing" really do know something!
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2006
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by Akolawole(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2006
QUOTE FROM KITAUN

Come to think of it, were you dey hide now abi you need sometime to come out of your hibernation.Lol

Hibernation!

I have been totally consumed by personal engagements these days.

I am happy to note that you are vetting my 3000 contribution on Nairaland.

You have a lot of job to do Brother.

I HAVE WITHDRAWN THE REMAINING STATEMENTS FOR PERSONAL REASONS.
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by mukina2: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2006
pls guys cease fire grin grin
haaaaaaaaa
do you have to fight on every thread
its ok
kitaun and akolawole are friends shocked grin
shake hands and forget about all this
we all argue
we all get angry at times
but we dont have to take it personal
this is all for fun
please grin grin
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by westcodes(m): 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2006
Has anyone noticed how stupid this post is now
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by MrCrackles(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by DrKitaun(m): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2009
Mr Crackles

wetin naw shocked grin
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by MrCrackles(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Mr Crackles

wetin naw shocked grin

i accidentally posted on the thread, Dr Kit! cheesy grin

Chei, E don tey wey Akolawole don dey lie! shocked grin
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by DrKitaun(m): 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2009
no be LIE . . . hear am

no be LIE kininun l'oba eran grin

STREET CREDIBILITY grin

bROS aKOLA is street-credible wink
Re: Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer by chidichris(m): 8:15am On Jun 23, 2009
is not as if wenger does not like big or established players rather he is allegic to their prices.

need we go too far in proving this? sylvester.

just tell him that the value of iniester is 500k and you will see him there.

he is such a proud man but since nothing is woeking out and ppl arround him are exhausting their petience package, he is been pushed to look for other arshravins who could reply liverpool 4 times.

wenger is yet to be bold enough to join the chase for the likes of benzama and ibrahimovic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City [2 - 0] On Sunday 20th March 2011 / Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [1 - 0] On Wed 8th Dec / Everton Vs Chelsea - Fa Cup Fourth Round.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.