Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda (3899 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by mukina2: 9:45am On Feb 27, 2012
THE waiting game on home-based players who will make the Nations Cup qualifier against Rwanda , came to a climax on Saturday, when the technical crew named the lucky 11 players that will join an equal number of European based players for the crucial qualifier against the Wasps of Rwanda.

It was another painful decision by Head Coach Stepehen Keshi and his crew as they again took time off to explain to the players that were are as good as those that had been chosen for the trip but not all can make the trip. “Many are called but few are chosen, just put in more effort and you will be back here soonest”, Keshi told the players after assistant coach Dan ‘the Bull’ Amokachi, named the five casualties.

The five players dropped from camp are Sharks goalie, Okemuteh Odah, Warri Wolves midfielder Ossai Uche, Heartland’s striker Izu Azuka, Akwa United’s Solomon Jabason and baby-faced striker Barnabas Imenger of Kwara United.

As expected, Warri Wolves keeper Chigozie Agbim leads ten others that includes his club teammates Azubuike Egwueke and striker Sunday Mba, Papa Idris and Reuben Gabriel both of Kano Pillars and Sunshine Stars of Akure skipper Godfrey Oboabona. There is also Juwon Oshaniwa of Sharks of Port Harcourt , Heartland’s Bartholomew Ibenegbu and Obinna Nwachukwu, Rangers International’s diminutive winger, Ejike Uzoenyi., with Enyimba of Aba’s hitman Uche Kalu completing the list.

Speaking on the decamping, upcoming striker Solomon Jabason, said it was quite an experience for him to have been invited to the national camp and vowed that in due course he would bounce back to the team. “The coaching crew has told us that we still have a 100 per cent chance of making it and I have promised my self that I will be back soon even as I wish the team well in Kigali”, he said amidst smiles.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/football-golf-boxing/37940-keshi-unveils-11-home-based-for-rwanda.html
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by dozai: 10:06am On Feb 27, 2012
My question is< Are these guys young players?? or are they older than the foreign legion Cos it will not pay us using old players in the local league in the name of giving them international exposure cos at the end of the day, age will still catch up on them. I dont know what others think about it,
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by Ournaija: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2012
There are enough boys playing street soccer on our roads and no one is looking their way. cry
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by Funkymallam(m): 11:46am On Feb 27, 2012
Good one frm d boss.
Rhose dropped should work harder for nxt time.
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by LEXYLOV: 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
Hmmmm Lets keep finger across and look what will happen next. Good luck anyway. undecided
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by enomakos(m): 3:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
good luck boys
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by nsiadi: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2012
Its good to note that Keshi is able to source 50% of of his squad from home league. We wish him the best
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by lucrecia: 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2012
Wel its ok but I want nigerian coaches to go to the street n pick young stars of evry under for tomoro usage nt all dis old men dat has made name,barca today r playing we'll bcus d playd frm childhood,majority of dem,plz walk wit dis for a beta games for r country
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by KayDee4: 1:32am On Feb 28, 2012
The Super Chickens are here again . cheesy cheesy
Re: Keshi Unveils 11 Home-based Players For Afcon Qualifier With Rwanda by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
Kay-Dee:

The Super Chickens are here again . cheesy cheesy
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Fcpredict.com Latest Winnings Score / Zambians Trained In The Dark Due To Power Failure In Kaduna Stadium / Mixed Martial Arts UFC 152 Result Jon Jones Vs Vitor Belfort Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.