Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University (6193 Views)

Obasanjo Enrols For Ph.d At 77 / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by mukina2: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2012
Seventy-eight-year-old Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, has gone back to school.

According to him, he desires to make history as the nation’s oldest monarch to bag a degree in Law while still on the throne.

Adetona on Saturday joined 201 other new Law students of the National Open University of Nigeria for their matriculation at Awa-Ijebu Study Centre.

Though he was admitted alongside 27 of his traditional rulers, the latter decided to defer their admission for a year.

Some of them are the Limeri of Awa-Ijebu, Oba Abib Awobajo, and the Ajalorun of Ijebu-Ife, Oba Olusesan Oguntayo.

According to them, they took the decision to allow their paramount ruler be a year ahead of them and as a sign of honour to the monarch.

Adetona said after the matriculation that his passion for education in general and for law education in particular, informed his decision.

He said, “Age cannot be a barrier to learning for me. It is what I desire and I assure all of you that I will study very well and come out of the university in record time without fail.”

The monarch also said schooling would not affect his roles as the custodian of the culture of his people.

NOUN Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ado Tenebe, who was represented on the occasion by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics), Prof. Mba Okoronkwo, advised the matriculants to take their studies seriously.

Born as Prince Sikiru Olukayode Adetona to the Anikinaiya 1 Ogbagba Royal Family of Ijebu Ode on May 10, 1934, his father was Prince Rufai Adetona, while his mother was Alhaja Ajibabi Adetona (nee Onashile). His mother hailed from Ijebu Igbo.

http://www.punchng.com/news/awujale-enrols-for-law-at-78/
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by pejol: 1:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
HC-8758series Induction & Coded Door Lock,security lock,door handle

Non-contact auto-induction examination

The induction ID card for open and manage the door

Can setup on the door lock

The password and the card compose 4 kinds of pattern for open the door

32 cards for open then door

12 passwords for open then door

1 passwords for managememt

The warning after input 3 wrong passwords

Prevents the password to peep

Energy-saving standby, Low voltage warning

Have the emergency mechanical key

Dissociation handle, anti-burglary electrically control lock

high strength stainless steel panel

contact Joseph on(call: +2348078440712 or email:wanpele4good@yahoo.com or bb ping 21C56585)

Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by Brodafred(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27, 2012
That is not a new thing , because a Japanes that is almost 90, became the world oldest undergraduate, so my take about it, is not the age but the passion atached to it, there is age barrier in acsition of knowledge, so I can say kudos to his royal highness, Kabiesioooooooo
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by Fesisko(m): 1:25pm On Feb 27, 2012
pejol:

HC-8758series Induction & Coded Door Lock,security lock,door handle

Non-contact auto-induction examination

The induction ID card for open and manage the door

Can setup on the door lock

The password and the card compose 4 kinds of pattern for open the door

32 cards for open then door

12 passwords for open then door

1 passwords for managememt

The warning after input 3 wrong passwords

Prevents the password to peep

Energy-saving standby, Low voltage warning

Have the emergency mechanical key

Dissociation handle, anti-burglary electrically control lock

high strength stainless steel panel

contact Joseph on(call: +2348078440712 or email:wanpele4good@yahoo.com or bb ping 21C56585)
na wetin this small boy dey do for here?abi you don krace?na wetin concern ur security doors and the topic?hhidiot!
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by valencia25(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
I already said NOUN can help now you that Man wise up
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by highland(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2012
They all need to go back to school and learn governance.
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
Nice one from his royal majesty, Omo Anikinlaya sa ogun, omo osa ogun sa munimuni
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by juman(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2012
Their generation has failed the nation.
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by juman(m): 3:10pm On Feb 27, 2012
Their generation has failed the nation.
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by LEXYLOV: 6:12pm On Feb 27, 2012
Is good education has no age limit as long as the body is strong enough to learn. All of them need to go back to school and learn leadership, including Jonathan and madam umblera.
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by member479760: 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
When Ibos go join the race na o!
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by IGotIssues: 1:10am On Feb 28, 2012

Seventy-eight-year-old Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona, has gone back to school.

According to him, he desires to make history as the nation’s oldest monarch to bag a degree in Law while still on the throne.

Adetona on Saturday joined 201 other new Law students of the National Open University of Nigeria for their matriculation at Awa-Ijebu Study Centre.

Though he was admitted alongside 27 of his traditional rulers, the latter decided to defer their admission for a year.

Some of them are the Limeri of Awa-Ijebu, Oba Abib Awobajo, and the Ajalorun of Ijebu-Ife, Oba Olusesan Oguntayo.

According to them, they took the decision to allow their paramount ruler be a year ahead of them and as a sign of honour to the monarch.

Adetona said after the matriculation that his passion for education in general and for law education in particular, informed his decision.

He said, “Age cannot be a barrier to learning for me. It is what I desire and I assure all of you that I will study very well and come out of the university in record time without fail.”

The monarch also said schooling would not affect his roles as the custodian of the culture of his people.

NOUN Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Ado Tenebe, who was represented on the occasion by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academics), Prof. Mba Okoronkwo, advised the matriculants to take their studies seriously.

Born as Prince Sikiru Olukayode Adetona to the Anikinaiya 1 Ogbagba Royal Family of Ijebu Ode on May 10, 1934, his father was Prince Rufai Adetona, while his mother was Alhaja Ajibabi Adetona (nee Onashile). His mother hailed from Ijebu Igbo.

Nice one. You're never too old to follow you passion. smiley cool

It is so heart-warming. Reminds of the line in Clueless: "Old people can be so cute." grin
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by deols(f): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2012
when would that degree be of importance to him. At that age, I'd rather be spending time wv my loved ones. grands and greats and working so hard for paradise . . .
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by bashydemy(m): 9:04am On Feb 28, 2012
Nice one HRH
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by wealthtrak: 11:15am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^^ I wish his Royal Majesty all the best!
Hope he will finish in record time from the National
Open University - and not be bogged down by
technology logistics!
smiley

If you are in your 30s or 40s and you've been
procrastinating on having a higher professional
qualification - this is the BEST time to take action
NOW!
wink
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by VIPICO(m): 11:17am On Feb 28, 2012
Let them use their esteemed positions to better the lot of the school.
A situation whereby  students pay for books and other study materials and yet do not get them is extremely pathetic and frustrating. This has been a perenial problem in the school. Year in year out the school authority makes sure they collect monies for study materials from students and yet such materials are not provided to them. If this is not executive fraud, I don't know what else to call it.

Also when are we going to see the first set of graduands from the school? Even the first set of students that were admitted as far back as 2004 are still in the school due to no fault of theirs but entirely due to management's seeming unseriousness.

Open University systems work very efficiently in other climes. But in Nigeria it's in a big mess.
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by jidesp(m): 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
thats great,
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
jidesp:
thats great,
Re: 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
jidesp:
thats great,

(1) (Reply)

Extra Moral Lessons At Your Home / Breaking news : Jamb examination new date postponement!!! / I Never Knew That Lion's Also Eat Grass Till I Saw It With My Eyes. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.