Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,826 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines (3297 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines by Straw(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27, 2012
Hello Peeps,

I wonder if there is anyone here that would know how this works; I will try and keep this short to not bore you.
Basically I reside in the UK, I have the Nigerian E-Passport but I need to get my name changed but the big guys at Northumberland(London) told me that I have to go to Abuja
My questions are as follows and would very much appreciate your advice.
1. How long will it take to get the e-passport changed if I go to Abuja?  PS; I have my Deedpoll, Name change already advertised in a Nigerian news paper and Affidavit from a Nigerian Court.

2. Do I need to book an appointment prior to travelling to Abuja see the big boys? Or it’s the case of just popping in and see how it goes?

3.Most importantly, how much will it cost, bearing in mind that I can only afford to be in Abuja for 3 days and the remainder of the time in Egba to see the family.

Ta in advance.

Abbey
Re: Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines by kesovy: 5:19am On Jun 29, 2012
hi, please were you able to sort out the name change on your E passport. I would love to know how you went about it. smiley
Re: Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines by picardie: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
@ Abbey 1st and foremost if u dont av a means of returning to london dont go to abuja oo i kw people who are stranded there... changes could not be made so it is dificult for them to make it back i av the same situation as u too..i was billed 200k to make d change after i was told to hold on as the chances is so slim..its been a long time u wrote in tho..maybe u sort out the situation lets hear about it Thanks

Regards wink
Re: Nigerian E-passport Name Change Time Lines by Straw(m): 4:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hello Picardie and Kesovy,

sorry i took forever it respond. I hope you both managed to resolve the passport problem. as an update, i got it changed in Abuja but it cost me the earth and my stress level got really high.

Regards,

Tony

(1) (Reply)

Best Country To Relocate As Family / Aerocontractors, The Worst Nigerian Domestic Airline! / Top 7 Hotels In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.