Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) (7662 Views)

Insane Optical Illusions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 3:50pm On Feb 27, 2012
Using knives, tweezers and surgical tools, Brian Dettmer carves one page at a time. Nothing inside the out-of-date encyclopedias, medical journals, illustration books, or dictionaries is relocated or implanted, only removed.

Dettmer manipulates the pages and spines to form the shape of his sculptures. He also folds, bends, rolls, and stacks multiple books to create completely original sculptural forms.

http://karanarora.posterous.com/insane-art-formed-by-carving-books-with-surgi

I have never seen anything like this. Amazing creativity

Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2012
more. . .

Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
more. . .

Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
more. . .
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 3:55pm On Feb 27, 2012
more. . .

Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 3:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
AND MORE. . .

Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by uchlukez(f): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] I pioneered that artwork shocked
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Honeycity(f): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2012
putting the brain to work.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by mkmyers45(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2012
Nice Creativity
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Parnassuss(m): 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2012
Splendid and spectacular.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by brooty: 5:49pm On Feb 27, 2012
This shows that art works are for genus cus one must be creative
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by vescucci(m): 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2012
Wow!!!!!

I'd pay serious money for those and kill the maker so no one else has them! Unbelievable ingenuity!!!
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by eros(m): 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
I doff my hat to this Artist. Trying to imagine how his brain functions. This is more than genius.

Well done Sir.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by tiarabubu: 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2012
brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Mobinga: 7:34pm On Feb 27, 2012
Insane.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by dipo1: 8:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
sensationally captivating
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
Guys I wonder how this dude's brain works. One of most amazing work of arts I have ever seen. I am indeed bewitched by this sort of sane insanity.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by mjay(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2012
Better to lay your hands on one of those paintings, it's a future gold mine. Please where/how can I get one or more of these stuff. ?
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by pinnochio(m): 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2012
Truly insane, in a good way.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2012
mjay:

Better to lay your hands on one of those paintings, it's a future gold mine. Please where/how can I get one or more of these stuff. ?

Check out the link you might get some useful info from there. Its indeed a goldmine. Intellectual Property that can never be pirated
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
vescucci:

Wow!!!!!

I'd pay serious money for those and kill the maker so no one else has them! Unbelievable ingenuity!!!

How would you prove to the world that it is truly your artistic impression? Better to pay the maker to allow him keep you as his manager. That makes sense to me dude.
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2012
eros:

I doff my hat to this Artist. Trying to imagine how his brain functions. This is more than genius.

Well done Sir.

I agree intoto with you sir. It takes ingenuity to create amazing things like this
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Koolking(m): 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2012
uchlukez:

[color=#990000][/color] I pioneered that artwork shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Dude, no be beans
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Knight1(m): 9:16pm On Feb 27, 2012
Impressive.
SAw another today. Using pushpins (the one people use on notice boards) as pixels to create a picture. it was most dazing
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by vickynet39(m): 9:19pm On Feb 27, 2012
Great Art grin grin
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by queensmith: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Wow! This is incredibly bad ass!
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by newslive(f): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2012
nice 1, lol

Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by purefella(m): 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2012
gr8 will africa ever try?
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by Natasha2(f): 10:59pm On Feb 27, 2012
wow
Re: Insane Art Formed By Carving Books With Surgical Tools (pics) by moshoodn(m): 11:02pm On Feb 27, 2012
wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of A Snake With Three Heads / Where Can I Do Wooden Frame For Pictures I Want To Enlarge / Results Of Web Banner Design Contest For Nairaland Ads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.