Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 (1683 Views)

T / Nigeria Vs Congo (7 - 0): U-17 AFCON On Saturday 20 April 2013 / Portugal Vs Korea DPR (North Korea) 7 - 0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Afam(m): 10:08pm On Oct 23, 2007
This is pure football made in heaven, courtesy of Wenger and his boys.

* 90 FULL-TIME: A stunning display comes to an end; no-one has ever won a Champions League game by a greater margin, and Arsenal looked in a class apart.

* 88 GOAL! SEVEN! INCREDIBLE! [/b]Bentdner gilds the lilly as he latches on to Eboue's backheel before prodding a low shot under the keeper.

* 81 WALCOTT! Walcott is denied a hat-trick by a stunning save as he got on the end of a low cross from the right - then Rosicky cracks a shot against the bar on the rebound!

* 73 [b]ANOTHER SMART SAVE!
Almunia won't get any plaudits tomorrow, but a second superb save from Vlcek will do his chances of keeping Lehmann on the bench for a while longer the power of good.

* 68 GOOD SAVE! [/b]Almunia has had nothing to do so far, but he shows he has remained alert with a sharp save from Belaid's low shot from the angle on the edge of the box.

* 62 A triple substitution from Wenger, who has the weekend's Premiership clash in mind; off goes Hleb, Flamini and Adebayor - on come Rosicky, Gilberto and Bendtner.

* 58 [b]DREAM FOOTBALL! [/b]Fabregas gets a sixth, capping a quite stunning break the full length of the field, as Hleb feeds Adebayor inside, he finds Walcott who prods a first-time pass in to the path of the Spaniard, bursting in to the area - the finish is assured, and the Gunners are on fire.

* 55 [b]HOLY MACKREL! [/b]Walcott adds a fifth - and what a goal too. The youngster ghosts past two challenges, bursts in to the penalty area before prodding past the keeper and in off the far post!

* 50 [b]GOAL! Brilliant from Hleb
as he feigns a shot on his left foot before cutting back on to his right and firing a shot in at the near post. Four - and still 40 minutes to go,

* 49 Hleb takes a bit of a knock as he gives away a foul just inside his own half; he hobbles off, but I don't think there is any danger that he will want to come off - he has been very good tonight.

* 46 The second half is underway,

* 45 HALF-TIME: Party-time at the Emirates Stadium; the home side have been superb in the opening 45 minutes.

* 43 WIDE! Adebayor climbs head and shoulders above everyone to meet Fabregas' corner, but he heads wide from eight yards. He is disgusted with himself for not getting that on target.

* 41 GOAL! THEO! A horrific mistake from the keeper hands Walcott a first Champions League goal! Vaniak makes a hash of a pass-back which put him under pressure, and Walcott pounces to calmly slot in to the empty net from 25 yards!

* 40 Walcott and Hleb have been excellent so far this evening; they are tearing Slavia apart with their movement.

* 35 Krajcik cracks a left-foot shot from 25 yards after breaking down the flank and cutting in from the right; Almunia is well positioned at his near post to save.

* 29 GOOD SAVE! Fabregas releases Walcott down the left; he clips a cross in to the middle which Adebayor meets with a fine header - but Vaniak saves with his feet.

* 25 GOAL! Hleb latches on to a loose ball at a corner; his low drive from 10 yards on the angle goes through a crowd, hits the outstretched leg of Hubarek and in past the keeper at the near post!

* 24 Ivana smashes a right-foot effort from 20 yards over the crossbar; he holds his head in his hands as he walks away - the visitors are yet to test Almunia at all.

* 22 Slavia look fairly capable in possession; they knock the ball about well.

* 19 Adebayor could prehaps have done better with a header from 12 yards as he gets in front of his marker and on to a cross from the left.

* 14 Kalivoda flashes a shot from 20 yards just over the crossbar; Almunia would have been in trouble had that been a yard or so lower.

* 10 Adebayor is just off-side as he sprints on to a through-ball. A close one, certainly.

* 8 Eboue's low cross is just behind all three Arsenal players bursting into the penalty area. The crowd taunt Slavia with "Are you Tottenham in disguise?" Good one.

* 5 GOAL! Fabulous goal from the brillant Fabregas, cutting in from the left wing before curling a shot in to the top corner.

* 4 This is the visitors' 15th consecutive season in European football, of one sort or another, so they are no mugs at this level.

* 1 Off we go! Full house at the Emirates of this clash between two sides top of their respective domestic leagues,
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by chuckdee4(m): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2007
oga Afam, why the cut n paste, Arsenal were simplythe bomb
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by walexy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
Arsenal is simply the best club in europe @ the moment
Is either u take it or u leave it

Gunner till i die
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by toba1909(m): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
chuckdee4:

oga Afam, why the cut n paste, Arsenal were simplythe bomb

I think he wanna hint all about how the game went, that's why GUNNERS are distinct.

GUNNERS GUN THEM DOWN.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by toba1909(m): 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2007
ARSENAL IN THE SEVEN HEAVENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by folahann(m): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2007
Look at the average age of 23 team slaugtering a champions league team by 7-0.
What a team, ARSENAL
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Ifeniyi22(m): 3:22am On Oct 24, 2007
Those men, sorry I mean those boys.
Simply the best in the world at the moment. End of Discussion.
I just hope that their form doesn't dip because this is the type of form that gets u 'unbeaten 50' and this time 'manure' won't be able to spoil our fun.
Up Gunners
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by ritchboy(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2007
"football from another planet" acordin to d comentator.Which goal do u tink was d best?For me fabs second goal was simply BREATHTAKING!
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Afam(m): 8:26am On Oct 24, 2007
A team where almost everyone can effortlessly score goals is a team to respect.

Can compare these guys to those jumping from one place to the other in Chelsea (no be Clinton pikin name be dat?) or Man U (wey dey get AIG -Arsenal Is Good for jersey)?
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by HNIC(m): 9:40am On Oct 24, 2007
ritchboy:

"football from another planet" acordin to d comentator.Which goal do u think was d best?For me fabs second goal was simply BREATHTAKING!

Fabs second goal reminded me of the ' typical' Arsenal goal during the unbeaten season and should come a close second (for me) to Theo's second goal.Did Theo take that goal so well?It reminded me of TH14.Remember, during TH14's last days, he used to whisper into the young lad's ears, hmmmn, the lad is certainly listening to his 'mentor', wink
Another record set last night: Theo Walcott has become the youngest Englishman to score a Champions league goal eclipsing Wayne Rooney, Records keep tumbling, Go gunners
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Jackal(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2007
Nice performance from Walcott.

P.S. Rooney is STILL the youngest Englishman to score a HATRICK in a Champions League game. . . . . ON HIS DEBUTtongue tongue
Now PICK THAT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by tkb417(m): 10:07am On Oct 24, 2007
nice one from Assnal.
Fabs 2nd was a delight.

United scored 4 away too tongue
You guys will be taught how to respect your elders when we meet grin grin grin
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by HNIC(m): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2007
Jackal:

P.S. Rooney is STILL the youngest Englishman to score a HATRICK in a Champions League game. . . . . ON HIS DEBUTtongue tongue

@ jackal
my good friend
we all know that Rooney is the youngest Englishman to score a hat trick.Thats why the manchester supporters were praying fervently for him  not to score his fully deserved hat trick yesterday. Anyway, just happy he has entered the record books as the youngest ever Englishman to score a champs league goal
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by chuckdee4(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2007
Jackal:

Fair play to Rooney but Walcott didn't do to bad especially with the fact that he isn't a first team player. he wasn't so far off a hat trick
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by ritchboy(m): 11:04am On Oct 24, 2007
Walcott reminds me of owen in his liverpool days,BRILLIANT! Expect to see more of him as a striker.
As 4 arsenal dis is where it gets tricky,victory over lp n man u wil set us up very nicely for d league. If we dont get dat then remember we need just 2 points from those games to stay ontop(unles man u beat boro by 4 goals or man city beat chelsea @ d bridge) ,and then we hav reading after dat,so tins r lukin gud.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Banderas(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2007
Wayne rooney is the youngest english player to score a hat-trick in the UCL
Arsenal is the ONLY english team to score 7 goals have a 7 goal margin in a UCL match

Statistics, statistics,
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by ritchboy(m): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2007
erm man u scored 7 just last season
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Banderas(m): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2007
Man U had a 7 goal margin? Against who??

There are only two teams in the history of the UCL that have ever had a 7 goal margin, Arsenal (of course) and Juventus.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by folahann(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2007
Rebember, this is wallcot's first UCL start.
How i wish everybody heard the commentators' remarks on this matc
from one of them, i quote: "this is the best football have ever seen in my life"
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by folahann(m): 12:08pm On Oct 24, 2007
ritchboy:

erm man u scored 7 just last season
Man U score 7 and conceded 1
Arsenal played with BOYS and not MEN
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by A40(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2007
I have no doubt we would get at least 4 points from both games i think crunch time will come by late november/early december where we would have 4 straight away games at Sevilla,Villa,Newcastle and Boro
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by mukina2: 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2007
I was thinking it would end at 10 nil cheesy
Those boys were just too good. .Fab,Theo, Hleb kiss Flamster even Vanilla Almunia grin
Mr Adebayor was misplaced angry yeye tongue

we are the best no doubt about that kiss
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by tkb417(m): 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2007
Arsenal is the ONLY english team to score 7 goals have a 7 goal margin in a UCL match
True my brother. the difference is 1 goal and United played Roma not Starving Prague grin grin grin
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Banderas(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2007
TKB, it's a record, whoever we played isn't the issue.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by chuckdee4(m): 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2007
Banderas:

TKB, it's a record, whoever we played isn't the issue.

Abi o, they don't call it the CHAMPIONS leauge for nothing, when no be Kano Pillars them play
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by tkb417(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2007
Yeah, its called the Champions League. Some teams in the UCL may not beat Kano pillars grin grin grin.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by chuckdee4(m): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2007
tkb417:

Yeah, its called the Champions League. Some teams in the UCL may not beat Kano pillars grin grin grin.

Like what teams
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Banderas(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
Chuckdee, Kano Pillars wd beat Rosenberg for sure.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by folahann(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2007

You've forgetten that chelsea couldn't beat Rosenberg even at stamford Bridge.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by Afam(m): 6:50pm On Oct 24, 2007
I guess Henry knew what he was talking about when he stated about 2 weeks ago that Arsenal will win the Premiership and the Champion's league this season.

I am sure the coaches of Lillypool and Manure will be having series of brainstorming sessions trying to figure out how to solve the latest football puzzle Arsene Wenger has unleashed to the Foobball community.

To be blunt, honest and factual Arsenal play the most beautiful type of football ever known to mankind.
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by chuckdee4(m): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2007
Banderas:

Mind u ROsenborg beat Valencia 2 - 0 tonight, do u still reckon Kano Pillars can destroy them. What was that about weak teams in the CL
Re: Football Made In Heaven - Wenger Style 7-0 by folahann(m): 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2007
So, no team in the champions league is SMALL and so Asenal demolished a big team

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tipsters Competition For All!!!! / My First Sure Give Out Game For D Season...#bet9ja / Xavi Reveals Neymar Broke Some Big News At Lionel Messi's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.