Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,035 members, 7,845,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Ojukwu: A Super Hero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu: A Super Hero (497 Views)

Is Ojukwu A National Hero Or An Igbo Hero? / Ojukwu: A Giant Who Lived For Others - Prof Achebe's Tribute To Ojukwu / Is Ojukwu A War Hero Or A Coward ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu: A Super Hero by ulonnaya21: 5:19pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ojukwu to many of us is a super hero, I find it very irritated when some POLITICIANS would want to hijack the funeral event of this hero for selfish popularity reasons. The Governor of Abia State should be hailed for his openness in organizing this event. He should commended for not engaging his party people rather he instituted an open house committee for this event. Its rather inhumane for some people to hire crowd at an event for Ojukwu to score political points. Its disrespectful to dead when we fail show respect. And I must say here that I was in Aba, saw things with my eyes. Only those hired by APGA politicians were chanting for their pay masters and Gov. T.A Orji had his people chanting for him simultaneously. It was a two way thing that should be discouraged. Ojukwu is for all Igbos, not an APGA, PDP & ACN affair. REMEMBER OJUKWU WAS AN APGA CHIEFTAIN AND APGA WOULD WANT A BIGGER SHARE DURING HIS BURIAL. SHOULD THIS BE ALLOWED? I am sure Aba people are decent and responsible people. They cannot disrespect their leaders nor the brave soul of our late super Hero. It will be unfair to say that decent Aba residents were unruly today. We only saw some APGA supporters hailing their leaders as we maybe aware the ovation was high today for the departed APGA and Igbo Hero Ojukwu.
Proudly Igbo.
BY Chris Obi
Re: Ojukwu: A Super Hero by thejurist: 5:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
I am sure Aba residents are decent and responsible people. They cannot dis respect their leaders nor the brave departed soul of super hero. It will be unfair to state that decent Aba residents were unruly yesterday.

The Colombian Boys, York and Down below guys were at the stadium as expected to expressing themselves the usual manner. We only saw some APGA supporters hailing their leaders while some PDP supporters were hailing the Governor simultaneously. It was totally a way thing.

The Governor's speech was heard loud and clear and can be seen in the dailies. The event was successful as known casualty was reported.

(1) (Reply)

Louis Vuitton Sale / Orji’s Many Battles / Senators, Reps To Corner N71billion Illegal Allowances In 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.