Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] (1995 Views)

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by SuyaEater(m): 7:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
What is the nonsense we now watch, i love the super eagles no matter if they lose or win, but my love for them is dying out, i use to brag that nigeria is still a force in african football, but now people are starting to laugh. Gone were the days when we had solid players in every position except useless rufai, then came joseph dosu who helped us win the olympic gold only for his career to be cut short in an accident.

So my people lets discuss what can be done to bring back the super eagles? Every team in the world go through phases, i mean look at the brazilian team of yesterday do you really think they have the chance to win the world cup on home soil?
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by lilkech(m): 10:01am On Mar 01, 2012
Unless Jesus Christ personally plays number 9 for us we cant do nofin.

Super Eagles ko . . . Crawling Chickens ni
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2012
First, they should make their real age known. Tired of all these tired legs!
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by room702(m): 10:09am On Mar 01, 2012
1st of all, they should stop using these arrogant players and we should start using home-base players
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2012
We should go back to basics. . .

I still say Clement Westahoff is in the country, why not use him . . He is turning out talents every other day from his academy why not use these academy to breed the new generation of eagles. . . . . . Catch them while they are young. Groom them from small into the under-17 category and through to the Big Eagles. . And it should be a flexible process with new younger players following behind.

These international boys should only be used to compliment the young squad. Keshi is a joke. I would have stuck my neck for Siasia. Anywyas, back to basics, fire all these bufoons there now including Amokachi and all and let the new coach bring all his people with him. . . . . 6 year contract. We can wait.

The present crop of players are either too old, or too uninspired to play for country.
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Reference(m): 10:19am On Mar 01, 2012
Simple. A reconstitution of the NFF. We must have a solid technical department which is the sole administrator of football development. They draw a road map towards raising talents from the roots and see these players to the end of their shelf life. They evaluate players and pool resources from which coaches tap into in preparing teams for competitions. In summary they leave the coaches to do one job and one job alone - prepare teams for competition just like a factory manager.

Nigeria is not ripe for the role of team manager whereby an individual scouts, selects and trains players. It cannot work. It will only lead to sentimentally induced somersaults. The other day U17 coach was proposing to travel to Europe to scout players. Keshi started building a team, won a couple of matches but on the eve of the party dismantled his team and risked players some of which he has NEVER MET before. On what basis did players like Victor Moses play. Reputation and 6 hr training. That is risky, gambling. You will not even do that for a friendly thoughtless of away qualifier and it smacks of no planning and certainly no development policy. So a functional and competent technical department first. It is the leg that carries the much mouthed drawing board.
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by bingbagbo(m): 10:31am On Mar 01, 2012
but a draw away is not bad? it will take time before the team finally will jell, especially under a new coach!

Rwanda are no minnows again, remember they were the reason why Ghana couldnt make it to Tunisia 2004!
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by deandavid(m): 10:45am On Mar 01, 2012
we have to start afresh, dismantle nff board, bring in sport incline pple nt politicians, it ll take time let use our home base players, compliment wit some performin humble foriegn based players. If though we dnt qualify no problem, we no go die. lets jst build wit solid foundatn wit our home based playrs.
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by niddamugu(m): 10:53am On Mar 01, 2012
The team needs a psychologist/manager. Period!
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Baawaa(m): 11:03am On Mar 01, 2012
Corruption is the main problem of this country,it has cribbed to every sector
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 01, 2012
get a foreign sports minister, foreign NFF chairman, foreign coach, finish (been following u guys for 5 yrs, decided to write something for d first time, u guys are too much, thanks guyz, off i go again)
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by MeGaStReEt: 11:20am On Mar 01, 2012
lol @super heagles
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by CuteTj(m): 11:36am On Mar 01, 2012
Nigerian players are the most useless in the world. Before games, you read statements credited to them like this: We will bomb Rwanda, We will beat Rwanda 10-0, Rwanda are small boys etc When you are living on past glory and you're doing nothing to improve, to top it up; you have no regard or respect for your opponents, flat footed Performances like that is what you'll get at the end of the day.
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by LEXYLOV: 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2012
Change the government and put competent ones, then those competent ones will make every ministries under them effective. without connections and bribe appointments. Back in military days when everything was so so order and the appointments was either based on merits or competency everything was cool on that sector then, Now not only we have clueless leaders but thief's and nonentities leadership everywhere, how can football house be settle when everything is in disarray. If the eyes is blind the whole body is in darkness. NO SOLUTION TO 9JA FOOTBALL YET. angry
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Mcleo007(m): 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
The solution is simple; get committed players to make up the team.
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Babamide(m): 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
Invite boko haram to their training, their hotel, on their bus and in the dressing room
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Coefficient(m): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
@babamide, I laff in chinko. Omg! ☺k° mayb dat wl be a gud solution, I concur. Lol.
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
:d ;d
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by Sweatshirt: 4:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Are there any academies for young players in Nigeria?

I remember when I went there; them young boys had skills!
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by kobikwelu(m): 1:42am On Mar 02, 2012
we need to change the structure of our football system,

firstly, we need a coach with a 10 year plan, WHO MUST BE APPOINTED BY A TASK FORCE OF PEOPLE THAT UNDERSTANDS FOOTBALL (PLAYED FOOTBALL AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OOO, NOT THESE OUR LOCAL CHAMPIONS)
who would know a coach that has a good blueprint to save our football. one who would create a link generations in our football. NOT JUST HIRING A COACH TO HELP US WIN, BUT ONE WHO WOULD HELP US BUILD A LASTING TEAM (one who would scout for talent and promote to the national team) .
ONE OF THE CAUSE OF OUR FOOTBALLING PROBLEM IS AFTER CLEMENS LEFT, THERE WAS NO COACH WHO CREATED A LINK AND EVER SINCE THEN ALL COACHES WERE HIRED TO WIN AND AFTER THEY LEFT, OUR TEAM WAS WORSE OFF

we need a long term solution. i am prepared to perform badly in the next 2 world cup inorder to achieve in the future
Re: What Are The Ingredients To Fix The Super Eagles? [serious Matter] by kodewrita(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2012
Take soccer out of the government's hands.

Allow clubs to negotiate individual TV rights and be paid millions by companies like Supersport.

Just like the NSE(Nigerian stock exchange), the NFA should be a private body funded by the clubs not the government.

All Nigerian players must go through a mandatory age-test monitored by an international body to independently verify the ages of ALL players playing in the league and this must be recertified at 3 year intervals.

A quota in each national team must be reserved to people who have represented Nigeria in age grade competitions. This must be fixed in stone (at least for the next 10 years). This is to enforce continuity.

Age grade players in nigeria should only be selected after passing the above mentioned age testing.

If we can move the league clubs from a sole ownership structure to a centrally owned,regionally franchised model like the MLS, that could also be a good idea.

Tax holiday for foreign players in Nigeria from Europe and other Non-african players ( before you hit me, I feel this will make the league even more international).

Kick certain clubs out of the league ( especially those with bad pitches, recurrent hooliganism and exceptionally poor finances.)

(1) (Reply)

Fund Your Wasere Account At Your Own Risk. / La Liga!! Dejected Casemiro Finally Reveals Who Caused Real Madrid’s 5-1 Loss To / Conversation Btw Messi And Kaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.