Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,739 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. (3132 Views)

Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Price Of This Item At Tantalizer And Sweet Sensation / How To Make Party Style Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Yemoooo: 8:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
PLEASE BEWARE OF THE FOOD SOLD AT TANTALIZER OGBA BUS-STOP. I BOUGHT A PLATE OF FRIED RICE YESTERDAY EVENING AROUND 6PM, TO MY SURPRISE AFTER TAKING A SPOON I DISCOVERED IT'S JUST LIKE OKRO SOUP; I HAD TO RETURNED IT AND I WAS GIVEN ANOTHER PLATE.

BUT THIS MORNY WHEN I WOKE UP, I STARTED STOOLING AND HAVING STOMACH UPSET TILL THIS EVENING; CAN'T EVEN COUNT THE NUMBERS OF TIME I'VE VISITED THE REST-ROOM.

[b][/b]THIS IS A WARNING TO YOU ALL, PLEASE BEWARE.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Acidosis(m): 9:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
how much were you paid to do this?
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by MissyB3(f): 10:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
Acidosis:

how much were you paid to do this?
It could be true, you know. smiley

A warning to those who deal with food and the public. . . If you're found wanting, be ready for negative publicity.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by mkmyers45(m): 11:09pm On Feb 29, 2012
ma'am do you have proof? They changed the plate for you? (rare) have you gone to the hospital for test?
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Honeycity(f): 11:35am On Mar 01, 2012
you should have sued them in the first place rather than accepting a replacement that isnt that different from the first.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Bawss1(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
Just because the rice didn't sit well with your stomach doesn't make it a killer. What you have done here can easily be interpreted as libel or defamation and could very likely attract legal action if your identity was known.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by MissyB3(f): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
Bawss1:

Just because the rice didn't sit well with your stomach doesn't make it a killer. What you have done here can easily be interpreted as libel or defamation and could very likely attract legal action if your identity was known.
Not if he's telling the truth and has evidence to back up his story.
He would be the one to do the suing and be compensated in a well-run society.

1 Like

Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by wendybaby(f): 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
Missy B, I'v missed your delicacies so mch. Whr is our official Nairaland Kitchen?
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by MissyB3(f): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
wendybaby:

Missy B, I'v missed your delicacies so mch. Whr is our official Nairaland Kitchen?
Somewhere forgotten. sad
I've been too lazy and busy to revive it. I'll do so soon, though. You aiight? kiss
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Bawss1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
Missy_B:

Not if he's telling the truth and has evidence to back up his story.
He would be the one to do the suing and be compensated in a well-run society.

I don't think so. The OP expressly refers to the rice as a killer, and that is very strong wording. Besides he has to prove that it is solely the rice that caused his stomach upset and not perhaps something he had eaten or drank prior to that. Otherwise as I said earlier the restaurant may consider this as defamation.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by tpia5: 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
The rice probably just went bad, that's all.

If it was precooked, frozen and then reheated without knowing it had gone bad during storage, it could account for the slimy feel, since days old rice can get that way even if you keep it in the fridge.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by kemmeye: 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2012
should have taken a picture of the first place so you could show it as evidence if anyone tries to sue you or thinks youre lying.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Yemoooo: 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ Acidosis: That’s what u do for a living, well am not like u. Mr Ode, Oponu; u just open ur mouth and close it like Monkey; ONIJEKUJE

I know the gravity of what I've posted and aware of what it could caused, so if it's not true I wouldn't have posted it.
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by Lucario007(m): 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ topic, mine was years back in this closed down place called Chum Chum. I was a kid then and it was my birthday.
i ordered fried rice only to realize it was cold and soured. My father was a commisoner of police & he sued the place.

I am serious about this. undecided
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by wendybaby(f): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2012
Missy_B:

Somewhere forgotten. sad
I've been too lazy and busy to revive it. I'll do so soon, though. You aiight? kiss

Yes my love, am good kiss
Re: Killer Fried Rice At Tantalizer Ogba. by mortee: 7:08am On Mar 30, 2012
I think some people are just here to "pour sand-sand" into sensible posts on this forum. A post that was meant to sensitise people, some just turned it into kids' play.
If the poster saw it as a big deal, he could have taken it up with the eatery, and maybe what you would have heard is the story of the eatery compensating him with some millions of naira. I am so sure that then, majority will tell real and imagined stories about such an experience and how it would have fetched them some money.
What's the big deal in buying a bad food from an eatery, and in the eatery changing it for a better one? I have bought a bad meat-pie from a Biggs' outlet but didn't bother to return it. I have bought an ants-filled bread from Big Treat, returned it and got another one.
People should stop brazenly expressing their ignorance and pessimism in the public, jo!

(1) (Reply)

Cake & Pasteries Training In Ibadan / The Grilled Guinea Fowl I Ordered And What What I Got / See The Strange Animal Killed In A Fish Farm Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.