Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,983 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? (5881 Views)

Femi Falana Confronts Coca-Cola For Disrespecting Nigerian Laws. / What Does Nigeria Produce That Other Countries Need / Does Nigeria Have Access To The Captial Markets Like Other Emerging Economies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by werepeLeri: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

First of all my dear, you really need to get over yourself. Second, since you seem to have a severe problem reading and interpreting information, please tell me where in my response to Pukkah did I mention that such problems do not occur in the "developed" nations? I CLEARLY stated "I will admit, no government is perfect and not every law is ideal or functional to the situation or overall environment of its people, but that's not to say that you should just keep mum about the faultiness of the governmental structure. Even here in the US, there are various laws that are in place both on a national and local level that are just downright stüpid!", which is an acknowledgement of judicial flaws in other nations as well. Yes, such problems occur in these nations that you refer to as "developed", I have never denied it, nor will I ever deny it. They do indeed fall in line with the jungle environment and hostility which is that of an unjust system. So before you start running your mouth left and right and responding as though I am speaking as though I am writing, living, and responding from some long awaited promise land, I suggest you read properly. And like I said before, it is a jungle whether you, Pukkah, bakila, or anyone else wants to admit it. Do not sit here and act as though just because I am writing from another land that it means I am sitting on some kind of judicial high horse and can pass judgement on others! I detest police brutality of all forms, I detest corruption of all forms, and most importantly, I detest those who try to silence those who speak out against the atrocities and shortcomings of what a nation is supposed to provide for its citizens. Political foolishness is political foolishness no matter what nation its coming from. What a nation of people decide to do about it and how they go about it is what determines whether or not that foolishness will persist. As for your idiotic assumption about me "sitting down and talking crap" about my beloved motherland without offering any meaningful solution, I must ask, did you at any point in time in your response ask if I was even involved in creating solutions? Do you know whether or not I am actually involved in anything that pertains to bettering Nigeria as a nation? No! Instead, you quickly jumped to foolish assumption as though you know me or what I involve myself in. Do yourself a favor and ask questions next time you want to reply.

Cheney? Smh, like I told your fellow Nairalander, werepeLeri, and I will repeat this question to you as well since apparently you seem to be suffering from the same condition that he/she is suffering from--where in my response to Pukkah did I mention that such problems do not occur in the the "developed" nations? Reading is fundamental my dear. It is one of the basics of all things when it comes to learning and interpreting information so it would do you and others some good if you paid attention to things instead of assuming that because I'm not in Nigeria that I am suffering from "diasporan mentality". The only thing I have to be "angry" about on this thread is people who willing allow injustices to continue and governmental negligence [regardless of the nation].

Madam - I am not your dear. I understand what you wrote perfectly, dont try to play on words that dont say much. I made a quick reference to other countries and I concluded those are jungles as well, based on your assumptions or statements about happenings in Nigeria. Where I come go wrong?

Madam. Haba. Paragraphing is a virtue. Let us be able to read your words. Introduce paragraphs. I stopped reading midway because you have failed to introduce paragraphs - you score zero, nada, nuffin, so, we need more English Language lessons.

Mu hehehehee.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by Pukkah: 5:05pm On Mar 04, 2012
^^^There's really no point wasting precious time on those who throw insults at others without batting an eyelid. I'm ready to engage well-bred and intelligent people and not irredeemably pessimistic souls who perpetually see nothing GOOD in Nigeria.

They claim that Nigeria is a jungle yet they are the ones employing foul and uncouth jungle language just because another person's opinion is different from theirs. Of course, it's those who have come to the end of their intellect that resort to abuse.

@werepeleri, spare no further breath on them for they shall not waiver in their utter pessimism and jaundiced views.

I have a number of issues against Nigeria and those who follow my posts know that I'm not pro-establishment by default. But in bringing out the problems with Nigeria, people should be balanced, reasonable and realistic.

Like I said earlier, the issue with Nigeria's is really not the absence of laws but their implementation.

@OP, hope you've taken note of this. Again, I wish you well.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by opeyemi50505050: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
All what I know is that we are moving gradually.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by InkedNerd(f): 5:01am On Mar 05, 2012
werepeLeri:

Madam - I am not your dear. I understand what you wrote perfectly, dont try to play on words that dont say much. I made a quick reference to other countries and I concluded those are jungles as well, based on your assumptions or statements about happenings in Nigeria. Where I come go wrong?

Madam. Haba. Paragraphing is a virtue. Let us be able to read your words. Introduce paragraphs. I stopped reading midway because you have failed to introduce paragraphs - you score zero, nada, nuffin, so, we need more English Language lessons.

Mu hehehehee.

No one is playing on words of any sort. You wanna know where you were wrong? I'll tell you, where you were wrong. You were wrong in assumption, [not reference] that because I specifically targeted Nigeria in my initial response, you acted as though I what I was saying didn't apply to other nations as well. Your response specifically stated "Even all the above things you mentioned happen in your so called developed countries - Police victimisation is common in America, Britain etc - so, you can as well call those countries jungles, no matter what you or anyone else says. Are you saying politicians in America dont eat public funds and go scot free? Go to Britain and ask what the lawmakers did during the expenses scandal - I guess Britain is a a jungle then no matter what you or anyone else says?" as though I hadn't acknowledged those issues in other countries outside of Nigeria. I then replied by saying "I will admit, no government is perfect and not every law is ideal or functional to the situation or overall environment of its people, but that's not to say that you should just keep mum about the faultiness of the governmental structure. Even here in the US, there are various laws that are in place both on a national and local level that are just downright stüpid!", which was clearly worded in a manner that indicated that you obviously disregarded the fact that I did indeed mention that there are other non-Nigeria nations which posses the jungle mentality that seems to be griping governments of other the global community. I made full acknowledgement of it yet, you went out of you way to word your response as though I didn't and coming up with some weak response about me not introducing paragraphs. If you have no actual response to anything or you're just too lazy to give a response, then please say that. This is not a college English writing course, so please get off of your grammatical high horse. I have no problem with you being a lazy reader. If that is how you choose to refute someone's reply to you, then just come right out and say that. How I choose to structure my sentences is irreverent to the overall productivity of the conversation and thread and has no bearing on the the true nature of this thread.

Pukkah:

^^^There's really no point wasting precious time on those who throw insults at others without batting an eyelid. I'm ready to engage well-bred and intelligent people and not irredeemably pessimistic souls who perpetually see nothing GOOD in Nigeria.

They claim that Nigeria is a jungle yet they are the ones employing foul and uncouth jungle language just because another person's opinion is different from theirs. Of course, it's those who have come to the end of their intellect that resort to abuse.

@werepeleri, spare no further breath on them for they shall not waiver in their utter pessimism and jaundiced views.

I have a number of issues against Nigeria and those who follow my posts know that I'm not pro-establishment by default. But in bringing out the problems with Nigeria, people should be balanced, reasonable and realistic.

Like I said earlier, the issue with Nigeria's is really not the absence of laws but their implementation.

@OP, hope you've taken note of this. Again, I wish you well.

Please do get over yourself. Because I gave you the response that I did, doesn't mean that I'm a "pessimistic". My response was in regards to other nations as well. This whole "stop picking on Nigeria" mentality is the reason why there are still problems. If you like, continue to make indirect comments about me. Either way, I will still acknowledge your comment and reply to it. I am in no way a pessimist. I am just someone who believes that both the government and it's people [especially those who choose to sweep issues under the rug] need to be held accountable for their actions. What I say about Nigeria is no different from the critiques I make on other nations, both western and non-Western.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by werepeLeri: 7:50am On Mar 05, 2012
^^^^

Ok - but paragraph naaaaaaa
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by InkedNerd(f): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ok, whether or not you wanna read it is up to you. I've said what I needed to say to you. So beat around the bush all you like. If that makes you happy then so be it.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by Pukkah: 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

People like you who sit around and say that it is wrong for citizens to talk down to their motherland without any iota of respect or regard are a big disgrace to humanity. You are not only an enabler but you're a contributing factor to why certain problems persist! I will admit, no government is perfect and not every law is ideal or functional to the situation or overall environment of its people, but that's not to say that you should just keep mum about the faultiness of the governmental structure. Even here in the US, there are various laws that are in place both on a national and local level that are just downright stüpid!

Human rights don't exist in Nigeria!

Read over your response again. Was the part in bold really necessary?
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by InkedNerd(f): 7:43am On Mar 06, 2012
Pukkah:

Read over your response again. Was the part in bold really necessary?

Honestly, I will admit that as a whole it probably wasn't necessary. After your follow up comment where you said "I have a number of issues against Nigeria and those who follow my posts know that I'm not pro-establishment by default. But in bringing out the problems with Nigeria, people should be balanced, reasonable and realistic. . . . Like I said earlier, the issue with Nigeria's is really not the absence of laws but their implementation.", I have come to see you in a different manner but I'd be lying to you if I said I regretted saying it but I don't regret having written those words. There are other ways which I could have worded that phrase and the overall message I was trying to convey in that line but at that moment, that's just how I chose to word it. Reading you initial comment where you said "It's wrong for the nationals of this country to talk down to her without any iota of respect or regard." just seemed negligent in the sense that it came across as though you were saying that we as citizens [regardless of nationality], shouldn't speak our minds if we feel that there is something inherently wrong with a system that was designed to govern us--that to me is wrong. Though you weren't the individual who said this, I am not one of those people who reside outside of Nigeria who have a "diasporan mentality". For me, as a young woman who has witnessed and experienced injustices of numerous forms, I feel that it is the duty of citizens to rise up and speak their minds. Yes, it's not "nice" to speak ill of a nation that has been the steppingstone to ones life but something must be done, and it doesn't just stop at there. Talking about issues are one thing but to actually do something is another aspect of it which I wholeheartedly accept and understand. If I came off as angry or insulting, I admit I am angry but not necessarily at you [though I did make personal remarks to you] but at the overall systematic manner which we as global citizens have allowed our world to disintegrate both politically and socially. My response to you and a lack of an apology to you [or others] is not that of some stubborn child who refuses to apologize for a lapse I have made but rather, it is a explanation which details my genuine support and belief in change within a society and government when accountability is acknowledged both on the part of the people and those who govern the people.
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by cbravo2: 4:20pm On Jan 30, 2017
Philosophic foundations of human rights law in 1999 constitution :hermeneutical analysis

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/?p=758&preview=true
Re: Does Nigeria Have Privacy Laws? by cbravo3: 8:09am On Apr 19, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buy At Wholesale Prices Clean UK/USA Laptops Here / Operating A Airport Taxi In Abuja / NAFDAC Accuses Anambra Market Leaders Of Shielding Fakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.