Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Speaking In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues (713 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongues by lekzwyc(m): 10:36am On Mar 04, 2012
I hav been wondering for sometime now can one be thaught H̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥w to speak I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊​ tougues cos some churches do teach their members H̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥w to speak I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊​ tougues it baffles me.
Re: Speaking In Tongues by otokx(m): 5:17pm On Mar 04, 2012
keep wondering until you turn to grin
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Joagbaje(m): 5:29pm On Mar 04, 2012
lekzwyc:

I hav been wondering for sometime now can one be thaught H̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥w to speak I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊​ tougues cos some churches do teach their members H̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥w to speak I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊​ tougues it baffles me.

its not true. you can only teach people.about the holy spirit and how to recieve him
Re: Speaking In Tongues by newmi(m): 7:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
,1 Corinthians 14:14
"For if I pray in an[ unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful",
(Amplified)
14 For if I pray in an[ unknown] tongue, my spirit[ by the a Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive[ it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. ,

How can you teach what your understanding is UNPROFITABLE in. The problem with many people is day always want to figure out things with their minds trying to provide some form of logical explaination for everything
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Goshen360(m): 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
Please follow Speaking in tongues here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-877805.0.html
Thanks
Re: Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 05, 2012
newmi:

,1 Corinthians 14:14
"For if I pray in an[ unknown] tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful",
(Amplified)
14 For if I pray in an[ unknown] tongue, my spirit[ by the a Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive[ it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. ,

How can you teach what your understanding is UNPROFITABLE in[b]. The problem with many people is day always want to figure out things with their minds trying to provide some form of logical explaination for everything[/b]

You call that.a.problem? Isnt that.being human? Dont.u.use your.mind? Didnt Jesus.have a mind? Was he against reason?
Re: Speaking In Tongues by God2man(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
When it comes to the things of God, you have to accept the fact that God is not something you put inside a test tube for experiment.

Speaking in tongue is mysterious.
Imagine! Somebody in Nigeria speaking chinese language fluently. He may be speaking in an unknown tongue. It is beyond human reasoning. Logical analysis is not an issue. You just have to accept the fact that a mysterious world like the one we are, require a mysterious action to control it. Mysterious problem is begging for mysteriuos prayer to handle it.

Infact, to survive in this world you must be a mysterious person. God bless you. God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Appealing God's Decision / I Read Jn 15:7 Please Help! / Choose You This Day Which God Ye Shall Serve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.