Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,699 members, 7,851,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

Gear Box Dripping Oil All Over But Still Changes Normally - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Gear Box Dripping Oil All Over But Still Changes Normally (1318 Views)

SOLD SOLDRegistered 2003 Toyota Corolla,600k( Needs New Gear Box And Body Work ) / Used 2003 Nissan Altima 2003.new Engine And Gear Box(800k Only) / Water Dripping From Car Exhaust- A Good Or Bad Sign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gear Box Dripping Oil All Over But Still Changes Normally by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2012
I have been having issues with my gearbox for close to a month now.It suddenly started spewing transmission oil all over the place. my gearbox was removed and a new torque converter was replaced.The gear guy told me he suspected a worn out metal ring on the torque converter
We changed it and fixed it.it still leaks.Today makes the car 4wks with the guy.Please what can i do.the leaks still come out and nobody seems to know where the leak is from.He sugested checking the gear oil coolant or is it filter to confirm that it is not dirty.He also said that the gear box seems to be overheating, what else can i do.He did that yet the oil still leaks.I have spent so much on this car already.wud prob buy me a new gear system by the time i add some naira to what has bn spent so far.Pls any ideas on what could be the culprit b4 my gearbox is destroyed .The gear still selects properly but whenever the oil drops it doesnt move.Its bn parked for weeks now.I was introduced to a guy in lagos who told me i shud have changed the oil pump and not the torque converter which seems to be the opinion of every other mech aside the guy working on my car.The guy who has been working on my car was introduced to me on nairaland and my car hsd been with him a month now.Should i go ahead and buy a new oil pump,would it do the trick?

Its a vw passat 2.8,4wd, american specs.

(1) (Reply)

2006 Model Toyota Sienna Xle Awd Forsale Very Neat / SOLD SOLD SOLD.2009 Model Volkswagen Tiguan Forsale Very Clean / Tokunbo Toyota Camry 2.2 pencil light For Sale @ 950k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.