Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? (7992 Views)

Warri Car Deal (2005 Lexus ES330) Toks / Warri Car Deal: Super Clean 2004 Toyota Camry (toks ) / Best car deal ever- fully loaded '05 Nissan Pathfinder-N2.5M check it out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by bfire(m): 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
OP
Define your good car.

Mention your price bracket.

Make, model, year, specs, transmission, etc.

Then you'll be able to get a reasonable answer.

some of us are not mind-readers, you know.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
GboyegaD:

Which bank charges that much for foreign transfers I think you need to change your bank because such an amount is just too ridiculous.

It is always nice and kool, when people ask questions or clarifications before saying stuff . . . read my statement well, Sir.
I said, cost of transferring money and all OTHER BANKING charges . . . .
Remain blessed still
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by knelson(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
Fhemmmy:

End of Discussion started in 2003 . . .  Let us be real, how much would you buy a beat up 2003 Honda Accord at Berger?
Anyhow, let us analyze it together.

Average cost of buying a clean and reliable 2003 Honda Accord (Fabric and average mileage/color) = 6000$$ (Leather is more expensive)
Tranportation to the port, cos only nigeria has no law = 350$ ( COuld be more if the distance is more.
Cost of Shipping = 1200$$
Cost of sending BOL to Nigeria = 100$$ and could be more if other method is used
Cost of sending money from Nigeria to yankee/Canada and other banking charges = 350$$ if all money is paid once and would be like 450$$ if paid 2ce

Clearing cost of that ride in Nigeria = 230K Naira - 250K Naira (depending on the agent)
Cost of bringing it home from port and other logistics = 40K Naira

Do the math, Sir and you would understand  . . . . .

You said it all my friend. Nigerians want expensive things but do not wanna pay for them. They think we get these cars and stuffs for free here. Like you said, the cost of buying and shipping cars to Nigeria is not cheap at all.  Everybody is looking for Toyota. But when you tell them how much it costs to buy one they think you are lying. I recently came across a 2003 Toyota matrix(clean-drive and go)  for about 3800CAD. I called my friend ,whose been bugging me to help him buy a car, while the auction was still going on to know if I should bid on the car. He said it was very expensive that 1000$ would be a good price for it. I was very disappointed.

Mean while, I still have two jeeps(2002 grand Cherokee and 1998 Isuzu Rodio)I shipped in a couple of weeks ago. They are good cars. They are still in Lagos, though am thinking of moving them to another city if I don't sell them soon.

If anyone is interested please let me know. My e-mail is joseph_sunny@rocketmail.com. As things stand right now, both cars have cost me about 1M(Cherokee) and 900K(isuzu) just to buy and ship them to Lagos. By the way, It costs b/w 320k and 350k to clear a jeep in Nigeria.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
I have a clean car for you. I am selling based on financial reasons.

The Car is a 2004 Hyundai Sonata
Miles: less than 55,000
leather interior
Colour: Wine

If u need pictures, add me on BB 2472A63A.

Asiwaju
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
pls try and post the pics here and hw much are u selling for?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
Great as this thread made it to the front page. Most Car buyers are not aware of what they are buying, all they are after is the exterior part of the Car and not the mechanical/electrical parts of the Car.
Anyway sorry to derail this thread, i have 2 units of 2003 Honda Accord {leather/fabric} schedule to arrive this month for an amount between 1.50m - 1.60m. No abeg sir,my money no complete. If you cant afford a tokunbo car,go for Nigerian used as some of them will pass for tokunbo.

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by marleygab(m): 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
Fhemmmy please how much would a 2003 or 2004 BMW 3 series (coja) cost.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by tampa1871: 11:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
Fhemmmy:

It is always nice and kool, when people ask questions or clarifications before saying stuff . . .  read my statement well, Sir.
I said, cost of transferring money and all OTHER BANKING charges . . . .
Remain blessed still

Mr. Femmy, there is no way these people could understand what goes into the cost of landing a car From Canada/America to Nigeria. Imagine that guy saying that he found a BMW 330i for $3,000.00 I live in America, whether accidented or whatever scrap, it would be hard to find such. There are scammers advertising out there even on Craiglist, until these people are scammed, they will not learn. So pls don't argue with them, experience will teach them.
Nevertheless, I can't stop singing your praises, we need more of you in our society, keep up the good work.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by SailorXY: 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
That EOD is Manual transmission. So 1.3M is even too expensive. Here's part of the description on the ad:

Honda EOD 5 speed manual gear
so we scared of manual transmissions now undecided
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by chucky234(m): 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
I think N1.3m is a fair price for a 2003 EOD because my friend sold a first grade 2005 EOD shipped in from the US for N1.5m,many car dealers here overprice their cars.
I have top car dealers in the US,recently my white friend in VA sold his clean 2006 Chrysler M300 for $10,000. Most of these cars come in containers and a 40FCT can take up to 4 cars,shipping by Roro is as cheap as $800 to Lagos seaports.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by SailorXY: 12:04am On Mar 06, 2012
[quote Most of these cars come in containers and a 40FCT can take up to 4 cars,shipping by Roro is as cheap as $800 to Lagos seaports.][quote][/quote]
precisely kiss
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by knelson(m): 12:24am On Mar 06, 2012
chucky234:

I think N1.3m is a fair price for a 2003 EOD because my friend sold a first grade 2005 EOD shipped in from the US for N1.5m,many car dealers here overprice their cars.
I have top car dealers in the US,recently my white friend in VA sold his clean 2006 Chrysler M300 for $10,000. Most of these cars come in containers and a 40FCT can take up to 4 cars,shipping by Roro is as cheap as $800 to Lagos seaports.

You have no idea what you are talking about my friend. Your so called friend maybe into something you are not aware of. You think cars are that cheap in North America? I go to auction almost every weekend. Cars are not that cheap.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by styles2009: 12:29am On Mar 06, 2012
You are looking for cheap car,which was stolen in another country and sold quickly by the criminals. tongue
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by dayokanu(m): 2:51am On Mar 06, 2012
I am not a car dealer, I have never sold a car to anyone but I have shipped cars to Nigeria for Family members

By the time you add Towing to Port + Shipping cost $1400 from places like Texas

And clearing cost from Nigeria What do you have.

I think some Nigerian buyers are unreasonable I once had a friend who told me he wanted to buy a car from US, I gave him the website to go and look for cars that he wants and send me the link.

He went there and sent me cars that are sold for less than $2000, Honestly do you think any good car would be sold for $1200. I mean a car worth importing to naija.

Next I opened the link and I saw that the seller said there is a "Check Engine light". I called him back that didnt he see it? And he told me yes he saw it but it doesnt matter that they have a way of removing the Light in Nigeria. Imagine  shocked shocked

I told him not to worry that he can find someone else to buy him the car. I am not a dealer and cant go to Abilene like 5hours drive to but a $1600 car that has a check Engine light on to ship to naija.

Another person would have bought it and sold the car for cheap. The car would have fault down the road and you would start cursing.

If something is dead cheap, Most time watch out.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 3:20am On Mar 06, 2012
chucky234:

grin shocked
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by dayokanu(m): 3:22am On Mar 06, 2012
Roro for $800 from where? Is it from Senegal or Bermuda?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by mxxpunkxx: 5:59am On Mar 06, 2012
dayokanu:

Roro for $800 from where? Is it from Senegal or Bermuda?

from Port Harcourt grin grin grin
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 06, 2012
pls lets not derail this thread, well as for me i see dealers who are bent on making this car business deals as something very hard or technical so we dont venture into it ourselves.i am still asking cant i get an EOD 2003 MODEL FOR 1.3 MILLION. AM SERIOUS
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 6:40am On Mar 06, 2012
however una talk am, whether call it lemon or orange or sugar cane, My point is, you car sellers tend to lock up the market by attempting to fix prices,

everywhere in the world, the fact that u got a particular stuff at so so price especially USED one, @ point A. is not a guaranty thats gonna be same price everywhere around point B.

"You cant get a legit 2003 accord for 1.3m Nigerian naira" to me thats locking the market as if na una dey produce honda or as if aside u guys, used legit Honda cars cant get to the shores of Africa let alone Naija.

tomorrow some of you would be the first to blame the cabal thats behind the hike in the price of diesel and all that, whence what u r doing now by stamping ur foot down that NO WAY u cant get soo soo thing as whatever price, pls think! ,

,moreso no be all nigerians get those millions wey dey with una, and there are some decent and conscious people out there that can bring a clean 2003 Honda accord today @ N1.3M

if u no Fit sell @ that price say so but dont generalize it,
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by marleygab(m): 6:53am On Mar 06, 2012
please how much would a 2003 or 2004 BMW 3 series (coja) cost.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by abbey2kool: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2012
Pls how much can i get clean EOD 2003 leather?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:25am On Mar 06, 2012
here some of the pics

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2012
Its IMPOSSIBLE to get 2003 EOD for 1.3m. Without looking current prices on many car sites in USA, lets take a look at this 2003 Honda Accord, leather seat,wood grain, full option as they call it.
Despite the fact the it was classed under NON-REPAIRABLE and offered for sale at a time when Car are extremely cheap in USA,December to be precise, the Car was sold for $4,600 including all auction fees

Calculation:
Buyout fee                            $4600:00
Trucking to port                         300:00 {may be higher or lower}
Agent's Commission                  500:00
FedEx fee to send BOL              100:00
Shipping                                  1,200:00
                                       -------------------
Total                                      $6,700:00 * #166 Naira as at December

Equivalent in Naira              1,112,200:00
Clearing/delivery                    250,000:00
                                      ----------------------
Total                                  #1,362,200:00
Fixing/Painting                          30,000:00
                                     ------------------------
                                        #1,392,200:00  Approximately 1.4m with all things been equal

Adding dealer's gain of about #150,000 averagely make it 1,550,000 and this is an average price to get a 2003 EOD

Let us have it on mind that 1. The said car below falls under NON-REPAIRABLE Category {pls lets be careful with the way the oyinbo use their english. Non-repairable doesn't mean the Car can not be repaired. They have their reasons and measures why a Car can fall into any category}

2. Car was sold when cars are cheaper in USA. If its to be on sale this time of the year, im sure the Car will be sold for over $5000
When a deal is too good to be true, it could be a lemon Enough said  grin

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2012
Sale Document :NON-REPAIRABLE(Virginia)

Loss:COLLISION

Primary:ROOF

Secondary:

Key:Present

Start Code:STARTS W/JUMP

Odometer:89911

Odometer Status:ACTUAL

Fuel Type:Gasoline

Cylinders:6 Cyl

Engine:3.0L V6 SFI SOHC 24V NS

Transmission:Unknown

Drive Line Type:Front Wheel Drive

Vehicle:Automobile

VIN:1HGCM66554A080968

VIN Status:OK

Body Style:SEDAN 4 DOOR

Vehicle Class:Upper Midsize (car)
Series:EX
Manufactured in:UNITED STATES

Exterior Color:BLACK

Interior Color:TAN

Restraint System:Dual Front, Side & Head Airbags, Rear Head Airbags; Active Belts
Air Bags:4

Driver/Passenger:INTACT / INTACT

Left/Right Side:INTACT / INTACT

Features

CD Player:PRESENT

Actual Value :$12,600

Estimated Repair Cost:$11,774

Radio:PRESENT

Tape Deck:N/A

Could this Car fall under Non-Repairable category because there is a difference of $826 between the Actual Value and Estimated repair cost? That I never can tell.  grin

Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by bfire(m): 9:20am On Mar 06, 2012
@Kuntash:

The moment you allow yourself to be deeply drawn into technical review on how much a car should costs, you'll not be able to give a logical conclusion on the OP's question. It appears to me you believe all prices you see on any car website in USA/Canada are legit. No, there are scammers there too. Trust me, 99%, you can't get a legit BMW you mentioned for that price.

Furthermore, there are lot's of model/specs of the same car/year. e.g, 2003 Accord have: DX, LX, EX, and each still have different levels of prices, like in some DX model do not have factory fitted A/C. There are some that are manual on all these specs, too. Tell, would all sell at different prices?

Then there's this demand for a clean title car. The meaning of which most car dealers themselves do not understand. Clean title cars should be warranted; must have went through 130 points check - ask Fhemmmy or Inspire and the rest that are on top of the game.

Even a manual 5 speed EOD should costs more 1.3M Naira. Assume ( costs $4600+tow & ship $1500 *162) = 988200+clearing 250000 = 1,238,200. Realistically, you might not even get a good 5speed for that costs price. You can only get this price: if the seller needs cash quick. As currently a friend of mine wants to sell off his tokunbo 98 Camry for 850,000 (fender had been changed though)

In conclusion, it's not impossible to get a tokunbo EOD for 1.3m Naira. The buyer must be ready to compromise his taste, expectations, go on the mountains to fast & pray grin and many other demands.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by calculusx(m): 9:30am On Mar 06, 2012
" In conclusion, it's not impossible to get a tokunbo EOD for 1.3m Naira. The buyer must be ready to compromise his taste, expectations, go on the mountains to fast & pray grin and many other demands."

grin grin grin
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by bravolad(m): 12:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
Haven reviewed posts & comments, I observed that some posters have made conscious & deliberate efforts to derail this thread by advertising & raising other issues that are independent of the "Topic" or "Question" on discuss.

It is obvious that some car dealers are unscrupulous & greedy while some others are trusted, commited, decent and genuine dealers who are willing to sale at reasonable prices with a realistic marginal gain in mind. Such ones will take you through the honest hastles of importing a car into Nigeria irrespective of the country of origin.

A number of factors can inflence a car dealer to sale an EOD 2003 for about N1.3m. Depending on his financial circumstance at the time & how badly he may need cash to support his business as well as the landing cost of the car to Nigera.

I am certaintly sure that a genuine & sincere dealer will give a prevailing rate that may be difficult to beat by any other all things being equal. Again, they (car dealers) are in business, hence, they have to make profit but not to reap people off in a bid to make money.

[Concerning whether to get a good deal on Nairaland], the answer is 100% yes. I have used this forum to buy a car recently & the dealer is sincere & trust worthy. I got a price that can hardly be beaten. I have shared my experience with people. There are also trusted dealers on this forum as well that can give you great deals. People like Fhemmy, Inspired, Sienna, Emperoh etc though I have not bought cars from them but I have carefully followed their threads & comments of other people about them. I think they also honest, genuine and business conscious.

But above all, do the needful, Autocheck or Carfax which ever suits you.

Good luck.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by BizBooks(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
Let's put it this way: the average price of a tokunbo 2003 Honda Accord automatic transmission is 1.5M. But if you search high and low, you may find one for 1.3M. The question then should be: why is the seller selling way below the average price? If you do not get a satisfactory answer, you may be in for a world of trouble.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
tampa1871:

Mr. Femmy, there is no way these people could understand what goes into the cost of landing a car From Canada/America to Nigeria. [/b]Imagine that guy saying that he found a BMW 330i for $3,000.00 I live in America, whether accidented or whatever scrap, it would be hard to find such. There are scammers advertising out there even on Craiglist, until these people are scammed, they will not learn. So pls don't argue with them, experience will teach them.
Nevertheless, I can't stop singing your praises, we need more of you in our society, keep up the good work.

[b]That is so sad.
How i wish people that open thread like this are truly willing and ready to learn how these things works, but instead, they are up to attack the dealers, but then, i would kinda agree that there are some "Dealer's Agent" that wanna suck the buyer dry.
But i am sure sooner than later, the buyers would know more and understand all that is involved.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 2:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
marleygab:

Fhemmmy please how much would a 2003 or 2004 BMW 3 series (coja) cost.

I am just seeing this and i am not sure if it will be polite for me to be quoting you on another man's thread.
Please visit our Pre-Order thread by clicking on the link https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-689017.0.html

Looking forward to doing business with you too and adding your name to the growing numbers of our satisfied and happy buyer

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

... / »»» Sold!! Toks Lexus Rx300 03 @ N2.8M Negotiable ««« / Clean Tokunbo Toyota Corolla 2004 Model For Sale: Price:N1.650m(SOLD..SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.