Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service (3036 Views)

I'l Maim Infidels Over And Over Again If I Can- Extradited Nyanya Bomb Suspect. / Police Offers N50m Reward For Information On Escaped Madalla Bomb Suspect / Kabir Sokoto (Xmas Day Bomb Suspect) Re-Arrested At The Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by Demdem(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2012
Nigerian Prisons Service has denied reports of the death of one of the suspected masterminds of the October 1, 2010 bomb blast in Abuja, Tiemkenfa Osvwo (aka General Gbokos).

The Prisons Public Relations Officer, Kayode Odeyemi, said he read about Osvwo's death in the newspapers like everyone.

"I am not aware of his death, I don't know what happened to him; I just read about it in the newspapers," he said on Sunday.

Osvwo was arrested by the State Security Service along with three others for their alleged involvement in the October 1, 2010 blasts that claimed many lives in Abuja.

A statement by Osvwo's lawyer, Festus Keyamo, had claimed the suspect died at Kuje Prisons on Saturday following the fumigation of his cell by the prison authorities, alleging that he was murdered.

He also alleged that other accused persons in the bombing still in Kuje Prisons were re facing similar conditions that claimed Osvwo's life.

Keyamo claimed that Osvwo's death was the result of the maltreatment meted out to the accused persons in prison.

He said, "The sickness leading to the death of Tiemkenfa Francis Osvwo started when their cell was fumigated with a strange substance on the January 8, 2012, which affected the health of all the four suspects. Suffice it to reiterate that we, their solicitors raised the alarm about that development at the time.

"Prior to his death in custody, Gbokos had been urinating and defecating on himself in the prison and despite pleas by his solicitors requesting that he be treated properly, no one attended to him.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/03/prisons-service-denies-death-of-2010.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nigerianeye+%28NigerianEye%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 05, 2012
"I am not aware of his death, I don't know what happened to him; I just read about it in the newspapers," he said on Sunday.

Clear as mud - this response
Just the kind of PRO who would one day make it to higher office grin
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by Demdem(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2012
^^^^

grin grin grin grin
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by stynoski: 10:47am On Mar 05, 2012
What d mess. are you saying, that nothing happened to him, or that you are not aware something happened to him! Okay, bring him out and make a press statement!
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by ssjalo(m): 10:54am On Mar 05, 2012
He that killed with sword, he/she will also kill by the same sword.
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by LEXYLOV: 11:01am On Mar 05, 2012
What exactly this man is talking about Is he died and you are unaware or he is still alive ? undecided
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by Boyoorisha: 11:10am On Mar 05, 2012
He neither confirm his death nor disprove it, he only said he is not aware. Wrong title!
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by Rastamann: 11:12am On Mar 05, 2012
I hope they are not planning for his escape?
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by Demdem(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2012
Boyoorisha:

He neither confirm his death nor disprove it, he only said he is not aware. Wrong title!

he is the PRO of the service. what stops him from asking the reporter to refer back for the truth?
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by sirp2007: 12:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
The Prisons Public Relations Officer, Kayode Odeyemi, said he read about Osvwo's death in the newspapers like everyone.

mr spoke man what did u do after u read it in d newspaper?did u find out if he is still alive or not?.
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by omo9ja1(m): 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2012
well in 9ja anything I mean anything can happen smiley
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by teddy2011: 10:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Where the heck is Asari Dokubo!
He is busy campaigning for GEJ to run for 8yrs. Yet his fellow NIGER Delta men are dying.

Bails could not be granted, these guyz were maltreated in prison.
You need to see the way they were shaking due to electric torture,

Boko Haram suspects were granted bail!

GEJ why are U treating your fellow Niger Deltan this way?
Re: Bomb Suspect Not Dead - Prisons Service by nsiadi: 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
Extra judicial issue
This Festus self
If the guy in custody is really guilty who cares if he dies
Did he remember repercussion when he was carrying out the dastardly act
If we are not careful , one day, they will grant amnesty to Boko Haramites
& Kabiru Sokoto & Qaqa will will be released
Law ur ass

(1) (Reply)

Chief Willie Obiano Declared Winner of Anambra Governorship Election / "President Jonathan Is A Big Coward" - Asari Dokubo Speaks / Buhari Explains How He Will Repay N27.5 Million Nomination Form Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.