Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom (3676 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / 'Jaguar': Old Nigerian Sitcom / Sitcom Vs Soap Opera Vs TV Drama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 9:30am On Oct 31, 2007
Up to 1.3 million naira per annum (that is, up to 25,000 naira per episode). So, where's your script? wink
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by slitty: 10:02am On Oct 31, 2007
@ seun, is there any particular theme we are to follow? i don't have much time on me but i have a flair for telling crazy funny stories, i might try doing something about it.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 10:06am On Oct 31, 2007
For the sample script, here's my suggestion: write a funny scene about an argument between a man and his wife about her best friend who is a man. The man wants to convince her to stop seeing him.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by slitty: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2007
ok, will send it soonest
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by lucyc(f): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2007
oga seun the money too small.make you add more digits
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2007
Too small? Not to me. The way I see it, it's a small fortune waiting to be claimed. Just write something!
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by spikyn: 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2007
I don't really do much scripting as a rule since I'm less "ha-ha-funny" and more "The Simpsons/Firefly-type-funny" so if you think that's what you need just lemme know.

Is the work full-time or is it more like contributory and also is the pay-off a one-off or do royalties accrue?

Holla back
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by yicob(m): 11:13am On Nov 01, 2007
shai, comedy no easy to write ooooooooooooooo.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 11:37am On Nov 01, 2007
You're right about that. Comedy is very hard to write. But writing is still the cheapest
aspect of dramatic production. It's better to struggle at the writing stage and come up
with something fantastic than to proceed with a mediocre script thinking that razzle-dazzle
will make the show successful. It's much better and cheaper to start with a good foundation.

I'm gonna depend more on the established sitcom writer while trying to bring new writers up to speed.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by predi(m): 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2007
wish you were in Abuja, i cld join for free sef- been writing since i was a kid and accidently studied English and literature in school. but if u eva nid any assistance iam gud at piecing stuff togeda,finishing off pple's ideas and wen i am in the right ambience- i write well. apart from a gud script anoda challenge is getting the cast-very important. i thinks its more in the cast-even if ur script is bad-a gud and divine cast will make make it divine
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by predi(m): 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2007
my e-mail sulebramms@yahoo.co.uk, number- 08035926315
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by mida: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2007
seun i have a lot of stories that can be twisted
to create fun but i need an example of whatyou have written so far that could be
a lead coupled with ur postal address.
dami
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Seun(m): 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2007
I'll try to get in touch. I'm making progress with my current writers, and that's lovely.
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Maykelly(f): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2007
Dear Seun,
I think i have smth (script) that will interest you, but give me some time.

Your doing a great job really!!!
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by lynnC: 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
Hello, I write screenplays as well as i have a sitcoms idea, my question is have you selected any writers yet?
Re: Writers Wanted: Let's Create A New Sitcom by Chifu01(m): 1:18am On Dec 29, 2021
Is this still available?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spartacus-(fan Page) / T.v Series Or Movies? / If 'django' Was 10 Times Shorter and 100 Times More Honest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.