Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student (1418 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / 16th Century Ottoman Ad For An Imam Vacancy / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by uchlukez(f): 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
A 15-year-old Junior Secondary School Student of Educational Legacy College, Ibadan, has been raped by a teacher because she had poor grades.

Isiaka Salimonu, 43, who teaches Arabic, allegedly promised to give Yetunde holy oil for prayers to improve her academic performance, and raped her when she came for the oil. Salimonu is also an Imam and regularly conducts Friday Jumat prayers in the local mosque.

The suspect, who is being quizzed at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) Iyaganku Ibadan, has reportedly owned up to the crime.

"On December 15, 2011, when I collected my report card, he was in the mosque, and he called me and asked for my report card and I gave him," said Yetunde. "He said my performance was poor and that he was going to help me, by giving me some charms which would help me perform better academically. He asked me to wait for him at Ikumapayi Junction Bus Stop but I refused to go there."

The teacher did not give up. When school resumed on January 5, 2012, he sent somebody to call her. "He asked me why I didn’t go to the place he told me last time to wait for him or at the mosque, to collect the charm he promised me," said Yetunde. "He told me to wait for him at a bus-stop at about 4.00p.m. and I waited as directed. He came and told me the charm was in his friend’s house. I followed him and when we got to the house, we didn’t see his friend. He knocked on the door but nobody responded.

Later, he told me to follow him to collect the charm; and he took me to a small hut and asked me to remove my clothes. I refused, but he forcibly stripped me naked and thereafter, raped me. I started shouting for help. That was about 5.00p.m. I was angry and left. He gave me N2,000 but I rejected it. I also rejected the holy oil. When I got home, I reported the matter to my elder brother and it was later reported at the Olodo Police Station.

The suspect, whose daughter is a classmate of the victim, said he been wooing Yetunde since September last year. "I always noticed her whenever I was conducting Jumat for them every Friday," he said. "I have confessed to the police that I raped her. It was the devil that pushed me into this."

The state's police spokesperson, Femi Okanlawon, confirmed that the suspect has confessed to the crime and said he would be prosecuted.

The father of the victim, Adegbola, said he was shocked that a religious leader could rape his daughter. "I took my daughter to Adeoye General Hospital for treatment and the hospital confirmed that she was actually raped," he said.

The Assistant Commissioner of Police in charge of the State CID, Funmilayo Egbemi, said investigation was still going on in the matter. She said the suspect would appear in court soon.

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK ASCOLOGYNEWS. For more Crime & Law Stories click here
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by Sweetnecta: 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
Allah is Perfect and there is no deficiency in the religion He ordained.
It is satan that deludes or seduces people to do evil; and the criminal said so, above.

Humans are wanting to do evil. But the fear of God, knowing that He sees all, nothing hidden from Him should guide us on a narrow path; cautioning ourselves.

if this is a true story, it is a terrible crime.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by maclatunji: 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
This is a really sad story but I couldn't help but laugh at the way OP ran to post it here, anybody with basic comprehension skills can see that what the man did was out of his own lust not based on Islamic principles otherwise the girl, her brother and father wouldn't be outraged by the crime.

What a disgusting fellow the man is. We men really need help because I just can't understand why anyone would want to rape a woman when you have or could have a wife that would be all too willing to give herself to you.

By the way, where are the 'verification experts' to come and question/investigate the authenticity of this story? I guess being the hypocrites they are, we won't see them.

May Allah help and guide us.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by sino(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2012
and what is the purpose of this here?
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by BetaThings: 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
^^^^^
hahaha, why else. If not to paint Islam black
Let him fill this page with the sex.ual escapades of christians
Or are they so many that no one bothers again?
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by elderbros(m): 12:23am On Mar 07, 2012
The attitude of Muslims and the teachings of Islam are two different things. How can Islam then be blamed?
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by frank317: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
elderbros:

The attitude of Muslims and the teachings of Islam are two different things. How can Islam then be blamed?

who blamed islam for the action of the young man, why are u all so uncomfortable with the fact that this was posted here.

please just condemn the action of the imam and stop feeling victimised like you always do.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by BetaThings: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2012
frank3.16:

who blamed islam for the action of the young man,  why are u all so uncomfortable with the fact that this was posted here.

please just condemn the action of the imam and stop feeling victimised like you always do.
The person who blamed Islam is the one who posted "Imam,,,,,," Any right thinking person thinks Islam when he sees a story about Imam.
When a snake rattles, it is a sound, but it has a specific meaning

As to feeling victimised, you never tell your "annointed" brethren to stop talking about the holocaust.
Should we not point out the hypocrisy of you christians with your subtle proselityzation
What comes to your mind when people post "Catholic priest so.domises,,,,,,,"

Why not "man rap.es or so.domises,,,,,,,"
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by emcemayo: 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
may Allah make our feet firm in islam
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by maclatunji: 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
emcemayo:

may Allah make our feet firm in islam

(Ameen).
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by Judek2(m): 10:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
The girl must provide eye witnesses naw, 

I would have felt so sorry for her if it was in Iran and co. lipsrsealed
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by LagosShia: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2012
Judek2:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29
28If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and Desecrates her and they are discovered, 29he shall pay the girl’s father fifty shekels of silver.c He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24
"If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife".

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by maclatunji: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
Judek2:

The man admitted guilt, what witnesses would you be looking for again? Typical sanctimonious ignorant fellow. You can be silent you know, there is no need to prove your ignorance here.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by bashydemy(m): 4:45am On Mar 10, 2012
This is a serious crime and the man need to be prosecuted and jail for the act if this story is real. Can the OP provide a link to support this thread?

Beside am not sure the girl is still a virgin, Just my observation
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by deols(f): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2012
If true, he should be severely punished for this crime.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by BetaThings: 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2012
By the way, any christian gloating over this must be living in dreamland
Just read PM news or go to any branch of the family court, a lot of you guys would renounced that PR-enhanced movement
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by Judek2(m): 5:32am On Mar 13, 2012
@Tunji,
yeah, who doesnt know that he admitted guilty? Just SHUT UP, cos if it were in Sharia mad bond state, the Devil will be laughing.

@Shia, ask a Pastor for some explanations,and later throw that to the trash grin grin . Was that to counter my claim?? SO DUMB.. tongue tongue
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by maclatunji: 9:18am On Mar 13, 2012
Judek2: @Tunji,
yeah, who doesnt know that he admitted guilty? Just SHUT UP, cos if it were in Sharia mad bond state, the Devil will be laughing.

@Shia, ask a Pastor for some explanations,and later throw that to the trash grin grin . Was that to counter my claim?? SO DUMB.. tongue tongue

Incoherent and senseless.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 17, 2012
Islam has been and will always be a religion of violence and sex. Mohammed taught his followers to kill infidels with the promise of 70 virgins waiting for them in heaven. He also deflowered a 9 year old kid (Aisha) . I wonder what they'll be doing after deflowering the 70 virgins. Maybe they'll start deflowering baby goats and cows.
Re: An Imam R.a.pes A 15 Yr Old Student by maclatunji: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2012
^Keep wondering until you become a wanderer. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Allah Is Near - Nouman Ali Khan - Quran Weekly / delete / Daily Hadith & Islamic Benefit On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.