Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,583 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! (9770 Views)

University Of Ibadan Closed Over Rusticated 500l Student / Tunji Epketi-Micheal UI's 500Level Rusticated Student Of / He Has Been Rusticated But Refused To Leave !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 06, 2012
Hello friends, pls I'm a final year student of. Uniport,
My final yeAr verification by d 30th of march, i have every necessary documents except
My neco result certificate, i have been to several neco offices, several times, dey keep saying thesame thing. NECO has not printed d certificates. I wrote the afore mentioned exam in d year 2007.
I have spoken to my HOD, but all he said was dat he can't help me, and dat I'm on my own.
Failure to provide dis certificate could be disasterous.
Please, nairalanders!!!, what do i do??
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by tanimola22: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
What sort of school requires a student to get O´level certificate before he graduates? Can´t they do the verification themselves? Are they that lazy and dumb? Is it the fault of the student that his certificate is not ready? Do they expect the student to create an O´level certificate from the thin air? Imagine the HOD opening his mouth to say that the student is on his own, kai! Is he not made the head to see students through difficult periods. I graduated more than five years ago from one of the South Western Universities and I still do not have my WAEC certificate up till this moment. The university officials simply went and did the so called verification themselves. Are you saying some people are just too pathetically lazy to do this? This is extremely preposterous, imagine! Let me just stop nagging so I don't bore forum members.

I hope this gets to the front page so you can get a more helpful advice, rather than the above nag.

T22
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
Tani tanx for responding, Its d 3rd time I'm creating a topic wit dis same problem,
D system demands dat we come wt original o'level, jamb, birth cert, E.t.c,
D system is frustrating, but dats not what i'll tell d professors, What do i do?
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by kasperone8: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
Have u tried talking to the Dean of student affairs or even the Dean of your faculty?You could try doing that if your HOD isn't helping
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by legendsilver(m): 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
my guy, dis is wat those lecturers do to us wen we needed help from dem. may be he wants you to go and bring a fake forge certificate so that he will believe you actually did the exams,
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by maclatunji: 2:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
I have heard something like this before, you might need to go to NECO headquarters in Niger State to get your certificate. Good luck!
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by amtheone(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
Am tired with this news, if NECO has not printed 2007 certificate how do they expect u to provide such.

Are u the only stud facing this? I dont think this should be a problem if ur cert has not been printed. Kip explaing to the appropriate bodies, they will reason with u at the end

Wish u the very best
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by mkmyers45(m): 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Won't they accept original computer printed and laminated?
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Demdem(m): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
amtheone:

Am tired with this news, if NECO has not printed 2007 certificate how do they expect u to provide such.

Are u the only stud facing this? I dont think this should be a problem if ur cert has not been printed. Kip explaing to the appropriate bodies, they will reason with u at the end

Wish u the very best

Exactly, gather ursef and go burn the senate building if they no gree. They craze undecided undecided undecided
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2012
Tanx for every response,
I've really been busy with this stuff, can't even focus on lectures again,
I'll get to the dean's office 2moro.

I know about two other people in dsame situation, but dey re girls(no really concerned) so i have to fight it out myself.

I hope to be able to get a positive responce when i meet the dean 2moro.

I keep wondering how thesame category of people that studied other 4 years courses crossed this river,
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
mkmyers45:

Won't they accept original computer printed and laminated?

Lmao. . . .if they cant accept your secondary school testimonial,what makes you think they will accept an internet print out that can easily done by yahoo boys ?

@OP
It is a standard in Nigeria that you must provide your certificate before you graduate.I may not really blame your school but neco that wastes time in printing the certicate.however,if you are not the only one in such when the final clearance is being done,then a special consideration may be given to you with the condition that you come back to submit the certificate when it's available.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by omodapson(m): 3:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ ops, the certificate you are talking about, is it for Nov/Dec or June/July? If it is for former, you may need to go to NECO head-quarter in Minna to get first hand information or visit the NECO state office in the state where you sat for the examination. If it's latter, you may need to contact your school. I wish you goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Demdem(m): 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Lmao. . . .if they cant accept your secondary school testimonial,what makes you think they will accept an internet print out that can easily done by yahoo boys ?

@OP
It is a standard in Nigeria that you must provide your certificate before you graduate.I may not really blame your school but neco that wastes time in printing the certicate.however,if you are not the only one in such when the final clearance is being done,then a special consideration may be given to you with the condition that you come back to submit the certificate when it's available.

when u say standard, are u sure about that? wasnt subjected to such in Ife.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by edupedia: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2012
NECO released 2007 certificates about 3 weeks ago, we collected those for our sister college in festac last week, ask your school if they have collected for your set
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by otokx(m): 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
You will not be rusticated but please make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by otokx(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2012
Maybe a bit delayed but definitely not rusticated.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by idmanzik: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2012
First, is it NECO June/July or November/December?

If it is the former, then you don't have any business going to any NECO office, you should therefore go to your secondary school and confirm if the original certificate have been forwarded.

If you wrote the NECO GCE (ie November/December) then you will have to go to the State NECO office where you wrote the exams, you said "you've visited several NECO offices", just go to the State where you wrote the exam or NECO Headquarters Minna (if you are sure it has been printed).

I'm sure you are not the only victim (ie if NECO is yet to print the certificates), so "FEAR NOT". Concentrate on your lectures while you make necessary contacts (secondary school/NECO office etc).

Goodluck!
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Emperoh(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2012
I do not really think Uniport has a right to ask you to provide your certificate
They are the ones to go to Minna to verify that the documents you submitted to them were all genuine
It is only when they can't ascertain the above that you will have issues.

I don't expect that an exam taken 5 years ago should have the certificate ready
WAEC took almost 7 years to get mine ready and the Uni i attended didn't ask for it either.
So i don't think you have much to worry. unless u are saying people in ur class of the same exam age have theirs?
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
D exam was taken in my secondary school, Alongside WAEC, WAEC has released certificates up to 2009.but nothing yet from NECO.
Problem is, both d principal, and my HOD seem not to understand. Besides, certificate verification committees are always acting as if they don't care, Its either u present ur complete certificates, or don't even come around d venue, hence hoping to tender explanations could also be risky, Maybe dat will be my last resort, if i eventually cannot get the result.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2012
My dear u shouldn't be having this problem. When i got admission in Unn I used my neco result. I wrote neco in 2005 and I collected my original certificate in 2008 before orientation for freshmen even began. But I have heard that uni port is a case. And I have experienced that there. I got admission in uni port to study linguistics and communication studies from jamb office I even had my letter but by the time I got to d school, my admission was sold to d highest bidder. I packed my things and went back to writing jamb before Unn finally accepted me.
Just go to neco headquarters in minner, niger state. Hopefully u will be attended to. Good luck
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by javijabor: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2012
What a useless school, they should know its neco's fault. But they can also do online verification as well as proof if the certificate cant be provided. If they can't use that then whats the use of NECO going online if its only to check result. undecided
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by edupedia: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
simple answer.go to your school to get it or if your school is by some reason(eg debt owed to neco) unable to collect them yet  then get a confirmatory letter from your school that it issued your statement of result and is awaiting your certificate from waec.you can also get neco to confirm the result directly to uniport.their ilupeju office say it will not cost much(N2000?) and can be done within two weeks.u can approach their state office where u took the exam too.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by edupedia: 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
my last post.i mean neco instead of waec.cant modify the post for some reason.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by GboyegaD(m): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
kasperone8:

Have u tried talking to the Dean of student affairs or even the Dean of your faculty?You could try doing that if your HOD isn't helping

I suggest this is your best bet since you are likely not the only student affected. Thus, the DSA stepping into the case can reduce the pressure and would save you of a face off with your HOD who possibly could find your actions bizzaire due to the Nigerian Ego in us. Present the option of the school verifying your result itself online perhaps those affected may be asked to buy once scratch card and being along for verification.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
I experienced the same certificate stress in my 3rd year in the university. I had to really patronize WAEC office for my original certificate because i presented statement of result during admission registration. The university maintained that it was standard for such exercise during 3rd year or final year of studentship in the university. I will advice that you strive hard to obtain the certificate or rather obtain some kind notification from NECO to your institution about the delay in processing your original certificate.

Wish you luck man
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by edupedia: 4:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
once other students start presenting 2007 neco certificate she will be asked to brings his or any other evidence why he can't.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Sike(m): 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2012
*sighs* Na Wao!
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by edupedia: 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2012
oops again,she for he!, dear mighty mods why is it impossible for me to modify my posts?.hope your lordships will anwer this time around
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
Are u nt a uni student? Come on my guy, act like one and stop whinnin! Write a letter concernin ur present predicament, provide a space for d followin people to sign/endorse; ur course adviser, hod, dean of faculty, dean of student affairs and vc academics! Take it straight to neco hdtrs in minna. Pronto! Upon seein ur letter alone, they will either giv u ur cert. Or write to ur school. Dnt get worked up over nuffin. Kai, I rem my uni days!!! My letters did most of d talkin, from missin result wahala to sug elections and many other minor campus bottle necks. Even in my office today, I still dey write. So write my friend! Write!!
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by odutope(m): 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
What kind of school is Ųя school?screenin is presently going on for students in their penultimate year in my school(unilorin) and all you av to do is attach a scratch card to the photocopy of Ųя result(dats if f¤r one reason or the other you are unable to produce the original certificate),then the school ll use that to verify, shikena
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by AMALOSHE: 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2012
Stop this bla bla bla, i am 100 percent sure that NECO has printed and released 2007 certificates. U better go to your Alma Mata now and stop wasting your fucking time.
Re: Seun! Mods! Nlders, Pls Help So I Dont Get Rusticated! by highland(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
The certificate should be ready.

Go and speak to the NECO head in your state, he will be there to advice and help you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNIABUJA Cut-off Mark 2019/2020 for Admission [All Courses] / Anambra State University Ansu Release New Admission List (6th Batch) / Federal Polytechnic Ede Osun State Was Shut Down Today Due To Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.