Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- (4255 Views)

All Job Interview Questions/answers Covered - Get The Free Ebook / Get A Free Mini Importation Guide Just Comply / Your Views - London School Of Business And Finance (lsbf) Mba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- by nitrogen(m): 7:24am On Jul 19, 2012
AjanleKoko: Here is an irony:

All of the people featured by violent on this thread are Fortune 500 CEOs. That is a very apt example of what most of us value as success. We are institutionalized by the corporate ethos. I don't consider many of these people are inspirational or innovative. Most of them are privileged beneficiaries of some elitist dynasty. Some are heirs of success.

I'm surprised that people like Seth Godin, Oster Pistorius, Robert Kiyosaki, Haile Gebreselassie, and even Kim Dot Com grin are not featured here. Are they not successful people?

Haile Gebreselassie for one. NO disrespect to Nigerians intended, but our nation can never produce someone like him. No be curse. We just cannot. Even our sportsmen play sports because they want to be rich, no desire to achieve anything apart from money.

This is just the 'bitter' truth, we (nigerians) all live and work for our daily needs which is okay, but some try to accumulate cash (not wealth) for 'their' future ones not minding the way the cash is generated.

To worsen the matter, this horrible idea has diffused to the other side, check out the different cases of corruption, fraud, and other activities like insider trading in houses, neglect of professional ethics in order to amass cash, this is all over and i dont think it can be stopped.

You know what, there is an 'unable to avert' danger ahead and i think the globe is graduating from its 'crisis' state to 'shrinkage' state.
Re: The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- by AjanleKoko: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2012
nitrogen:

This is just the 'bitter' truth, we (nigerians) all live and work for our daily needs which is okay, but some try to accumulate cash (not wealth) for 'their' future ones not minding the way the cash is generated.

To worsen the matter, this horrible idea has diffused to the other side, check out the different cases of corruption, fraud, and other activities like insider trading in houses, neglect of professional ethics in order to amass cash, this is all over and i dont think it can be stopped.

You know what, there is an 'unable to avert' danger ahead and i think the globe is graduating from its 'crises' state to 'shrinkage' state.

There's nothing wrong in working to live. But we all need to develop beyond a blind, mad, scramble for cash. Return to first principles. What have we to lose? He that is down need fear no fall, in my view.

1 Like

Re: The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- by yemmyma: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
I am interested in business, so i will keep an eagle eye on this thread. don't know about the MBA thing though.
Re: The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- by yamakuza: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2012
yemmy_ma: I am interested in business, so i will keep an eagle eye on this thread. don't know about the MBA thing though.

and maybe these too:

https://www.nairaland.com/987784/a-z-entrepreneur-all-need-know/

https://www.nairaland.com/1008649/nairaland-business-school
Re: The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- by yemmyma: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
yamakuza:

and maybe this too:

https://www.nairaland.com/987784/a-z-entrepreneur-all-need-know/

Thanks for sharing. I will check on it.
Re: The Young, The Bold And The Free! --- Mini MBA Series --- by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 31, 2013
I love this post!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best University To Study Theatre Art In Nigeria / Pregnancy And My Job / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.