Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

How Can I Get Back To School At 35? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Get Back To School At 35? (2290 Views)

If You’re Still Poor At 35, You Deserve It! / If You're Poor At 35, You Deserve It / Jack Ma: If You’re Still Poor At 35, You Deserve It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by paragon77: 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
hello forumites.i hope i can get a little guidance on this matter.i have an unquenchable passion for academics.but owing to some circumstances,i am sadly not a graduate yet.having said that,i still aspire to become a graduate someday in my lifetime,even with my entrepreneurial spirit.although i am officially 29yrs old,in reality i will turn 35 come april 1st,2012,and as such wouldn't want to waste any more time. because i work monday-saturday,i am looking for a programme or certification that upon its completion, can qualify me for a direct entry admission into any university in lagos or abroad.just recently,my inclination towards ict has become so strong that i am considering a course in that field.recently someone suggested i go for cisco.pls kindky help with useful information.thanks
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by yamakuza: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2012
Tough one!
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by yamakuza: 2:28am On Mar 19, 2012
Maybe Distance Learning?
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by AjanleKoko: 7:37am On Mar 19, 2012
OP,
It's a function of what you want to study, and how you want to go about it.
35 is not too old. As an undergrad, I had a number of over-35s in my class.
You only need to have enough saved up, I guess. It'll be tough for a 35-year-old to depend on others for school fees and maintenance.

Of course you need to pass the SSCe and UME first of all. Start from there.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by tanimola22: 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2012
Mhen, as remarked by previous posters, it is not too late joor. My very main man came back to school at + or -1 of your official age. He did full time BSc, finished, rushed to the UK, finished MSc, and lucky landed a job as an energy analyst with one huge energy company with offices all around Europe. He got this job at around your real age. God works anyhow, non-linearly.

If you feel going to work everyday will preclude you from pursuing a full time program, you can as well register for one of the numerous part-time programs there in Lagos. If it is a graduate you aspire to become, you don't need to get into a university through direct entry by first doing a prelim program. Just find a university program you like and register for it. You also need the usual entry qualifications, 5 C6, including math and english.

My friend is the one I normally use as a perfect example whenever anyone says he is too old and not yet a graduate. You too can add to this example.

T22

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by denzel2009: 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2012
If you can study hard and you have some money, go for acca. You can get an oxford brookes university degree in 1.5 yrs. It's very flexible, you can go for lectures in the evenings or weekends.
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by tomX1(m): 6:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
You could try for part-time studies, that way you won't have to quit your work because of school.
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by Freiburger(m): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2012
^^ I also think this is the best option. Op it is never too late, learning is just part of even the everyday life.
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by fng: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2012
Online classes might be just fine for you.

For current:
TOEFL/SAT/GMAT & GRE DATES

Standard:
LECTURES & STUDY MATERIALS (Admissions(USA),Visa services & FedEx Worldwide)
Day lectures: 09:00 - 14:00 GMT
Evening lectures: 18:00 - 21:00 GMT

==============================

Contact us:

40B, Oduduwa Way, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos.

Christopher - 080 51 595 336

Help desk - 234-1-8977784

www.fngcenter.com

=========================================
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by paragon77: 11:07am On Mar 24, 2012
Reading all these responses from u folks,got me elated,encouraged me,and strenghtened my resolve to never give up on my dreams,until they become reality.i certainly can't thank u guys enough.just want to let u know that i appreciate that. God bless u all
Re: How Can I Get Back To School At 35? by tanimola22: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2012
paragon77: Reading all these responses from u folks,got me elated,encouraged me,and strenghtened my resolve to never give up on my dreams,until they become reality.i certainly can't thank u guys enough.just want to let u know that i appreciate that. God bless u all

Yes of course. All things being equal, 4-5 years from now will do the magic for you.

(1) (Reply)

Mp Infrastructure Calls For Aptitude Test July 2016 / What Is Microsoft Azure, How To Certified? / First Bank Banking Foundation Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.