Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. (7763 Views)

Maheeda Celebrates Her Daughter's 15th Birthday / Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by LEXYLOV: 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2012
ATLANTA (AP) — Whitney Houston left everything to her 19-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

The pop superstar's will doesn't mention specific assets, but leaves all of her furnishings, clothing, personal effects, jewelry and cars to her surviving children. Bobbi Kristina was her only child.

Inside Edition first reported the will, filed in Atlanta, on Wednesday.

Houston's money will be put in a trust. Her sister-in-law and manager, Patricia Houston, was appointed the administrator of the estate.

Upon turning 21, Bobbi Kristina will receive part of the money, more of it at age 25 and the balance at age 30. Houston's trustees can give her money from the trust for various purposes, including tuition, to buy a home and to start a business.

http://music.yahoo.com/news/whitney-houston-leaves-everything-her-daughter-231315077.html
shocked shocked shocked
I hope that Bobbi Kristina will do her mom proud, and be responsible with the money that her mother earned over the many years.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Akwasi(m): 10:58pm On Mar 08, 2012
Except her clothes and cars, Houston died broke
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by wirinet(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^^
Whitney might have died without physical assets or cash but her estate (rights to her songs and record sales) will still be worth millions, just like Michael Jackson's
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by DuduNegro: 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
Sorry comments from both of you.  

How can you preempt Bobbi's ability to handle the inheritance?  You should not do that, there is no reason to suspect her trust and maturity.  While ordinarily she may have prodigal leanings, the loss of her mother may arouse an opposite sense of sentiments and empathy leading her to treasure and personalize the inheritance and safeguard them as an extension of connection with Whitney.

On the other observation that Whitney was broke.  How does that affect Bobbi's wealth, considering she is also the daughter of Bobby Brown?
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by DRANOEL(m): 12:31am On Mar 09, 2012
wirinet:

^^^
Whitney might have died without physical assets or cash but her estate (rights to her songs and record sales) will still be worth millions, just like Michael Jackson's

sorry to burst your bubble but unlike michael jackson,whitney didn't own the rights to most of her hit songs (read all). the rights are owned by people like r.kelly,alicia keys,dolly parton etc who wrote the songs!
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Akwasi(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Sorry comments from both of you.  

How can you preempt Bobbi's ability to handle the inheritance?  You should not do that, there is no reason to suspect her trust and maturity.  While ordinarily she may have prodigal leanings, the loss of her mother may arouse an opposite sense of sentiments and empathy leading her to treasure and personalize the inheritance and safeguard them as an extension of connection with Whitney.

On the other observation that Whitney was broke.  How does that affect Bobbi's wealth, considering she is also the daughter of Bobby Brown?    

Was talking about the supposed 'everything' that she left Bobbi. You are right on the observation that Bobbi may not be able to handle the fortune right if it existed. The family recently revealed their fears that she is going on the same path as her mother. Cissy was reported to have said that the granddaughter is currently out of control and using drugs.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by bedane: 9:43am On Mar 09, 2012
Some Nigerians ehn in your haste to comment you did not see where it was stated that her money will be held in a trust where she will be give some at 18 followed by 25 and everything on her 30th birthday with exception for cases where she wants to pay tuition , buy a property or start a business. Please take a minute to understand a write up before you react. peace out .
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by IYANGBALI: 10:20am On Mar 09, 2012
pls how do i get to meet the daughter[b] I AM MADLY IN LOVE WITH HER[/b]
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Coefficient(m): 10:27am On Mar 09, 2012
@iya Ngbali. LOL
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by IdiAmin2(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2012
DRANOEL:

sorry to burst your bubble but unlike michael jackson,whitney didn't own the rights to most of her hit songs (read all). the rights are owned by people like r.kelly,alicia keys,dolly parton etc who wrote the songs!

agree! 100%.
Especially the bloody jew, Clive Davis, the man is smiling to the bank after Micheal Jackson and Whitney Houston died. They are worth more dead than alive.

Hope Bobbi Kristina will be wise though, heard she had some drug abuse issues as well. Whitney's parents should be her guardian and mentor her in the right way.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Coefficient(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2012
Let's hope she wnt be hopping in and out of drug rehab
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by sammirano: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2012
IYA NGBALI:

see thief.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Jemibee: 11:32am On Mar 09, 2012
May the good Lord grant Bobbi the wisdon and maturity it requires to manage her inheritance. Whitney, RIP !!
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Mobinga: 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
Sensible to give her the money in phases as her age increases.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by eprynce(m): 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2012
Except her clothes and cars, Houston died broke

It's not as if she's as broke as a broke ass Nigerian.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by yme1(f): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
e_prynce:

It's not as if she's as broke as a broke Bottom Nigerian.

Buhahahahahahha Nlders won't kill me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by Zilja(f): 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
IYA NGBALI:

What do you have to offer her? At this point, she doesnt' need anyone in her life that will drag her down any futher than she already is. Being on NL is not the circle she's in. It never happen. grin
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by chucky234(m): 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2012
I often wonder how some people on NL reason,imagine some guys saying Whitney died broke when York Times described what she left for Kristina as a FORTUNE and did mentioned money inclusive.
Whitney was spending 6,300 dollars weekly on drugs till the she died.
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by echobee(f): 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2012
i wonder
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by IYANGBALI: 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2012
Zilja:

What do you have to offer her? At this point, she doesnt' need anyone in her life that will drag her down any futher than she already is. Being on NL is not the circle she's in. It never happen. grin

i have something in between my legs and it is big,strong and reliable.No doubt she is go to love it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Whitney Houston Leaves Everything To Her Daughter. by femajokeho: 9:49am On Mar 10, 2012
@co-efficient!plz wat is the meaning of LOL? wiating for u,tanx!

(1) (Reply)

Who Wore It Better? My Wife Or Chika Ike? / 15 Hot Photos Of Ivory Coast Woman With The ‘ Biggest Butt In Africa ’ / What A Beauty: Davido’s Sister Gives Guys ‘pressure’ On Social Media (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.