Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) (3627 Views)

What Happened To TB Joshua's Champions League Prediction? / Despite Troubles, Tiger Still Highest-paid Athlete.list Of Top Ten Athletes: / Seven World Athletes Who Squandered Their Millions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by ajileko: 10:24pm On Oct 26, 2007
Where are these Hall of Famers ?

David Ejoke
Roland Joe SiaSia
Jaiye Abidoye
Steve Bature
Brown Ebewele
Emanuel Elili
Wubala
Alani Olakunle
Moses Akporowo
Kehinde Vaughan
Anthony Oyakire
Hameed Adio
Kayode Elegbede
Yusuf Ali
Yemi Kayode (RIP)
Sunday Uti
Henry Amike
Rotimi Peter
Okonkwo (Shot put)
Kolawole Abdulah
Richard Basunu
Oyebami
Sam Igun
Seilgs Pobeni
Tony Negbenebor
Alfred Ogunfehimi
Aboyade Cole
Emanuel Offili
Majekodunmi
John Okoro
Dupe Oshikoya
Ashanti Obi
Nene Njoku
Bruce Ijirigo
Peter Okodogbe
Dele Udoh (RIP)
Felix Imadiyi
Taiwo Ogunjobi
Taiwo Ogunade
J Kio
Charlton Ehizualen
Ben Omodialen
Gloria Ayanlaja
Comfort Ihagbon
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by rudeyankee(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2007
brown ebewele is the commisioner of sports in edo state, i heard. ben omodiale is in usa n sunday uti is in tx as well.
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by DisGuy: 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2007
too much eba and amala aka lack of funds and training opportunities they left they fat e to 'certain' individuals in government. most athletes should have their own plans not wait for busy govt.
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by Waleol: 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2007
Dear ajileko, Most of the guys on this forum are too young or the just not are not knowledgeable about Nigeria sport and don’t kin about those guys pave the way for these new athletes. All of the above.
Let me help out on some.

Roland Joe SiaSia - lives in USA (California) by the way are u aware that's Samson' elder brother
Kehinde Vaughan - married lives in Nigeria

Hameed Adio- USA
Kayode Elegbede- as at 2003 lives in Minnesota USA
Yusuf Ali- NSC (National Sport Commission Chairman- Abuja
Sunday Uti-Texas, USA
Henry Amike- Cali, USA
Sam Igun- Contested in the last national election Lagos state
Samson Oyeledun - Kawara State Sport Conucl, Principal OFFICE as fast 2000
Olawumi Majekodunmi- UK/Nigeria
Okonkwo (Shot put) Retied top Police Officer
Taiwo Ogunjobi - back with Nigeria FA
Dr. Bruce Ijirigho, Ph.D. USA
Charlton Ehizualen-(Ex Illini- a fellow Alumni of University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) doing well in California - USA. HE'S record still unbroken at university a pride of all of us that came after him
Dupe Oshikoya- Mrs. OGUNLEYE has a daughter Bunmi who is following her steps in UCLA. If Nigeria don’t grab now she might end up with USA

ALL OF THESE GREAT ATHELET AS DON WELL
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by Waleol: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2007
Dear  ajileko, Most of the guys on this forum are too young or the just not are not knowledgeable about Nigeria sport and don’t kin about those guys pave the way for these new athletes. All of the above.
Let me help out on some.

Roland Joe SiaSia - lives in USA (California) by the way are u aware that's Samson' elder brother
Kehinde Vaughan - married lives in Nigeria

Hameed Adio- USA
Kayode Elegbede- as at 2003 lives in Minnesota USA
Yusuf Ali- NSC (National Sport Commission Chairman- Abuja
Sunday Uti-Texas, USA
Henry Amike- Cali, USA
Sam Igun- Contested in the last national election Lagos state
Samson Oyeledun - Kawara State Sport Conucl, Principal OFFICE as fast 2000
Olawumi Majekodunmi- UK/Nigeria
Okonkwo (Shot put) Retied top Police Officer
Taiwo Ogunjobi - back with Nigeria FA
Dr. Bruce  Ijirigho, Ph.D. USA
Charlton Ehizualen-(Ex Illini- a fellow Alumni of University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign) doing well in California - USA. HE'S record still unbroken at university a pride of all of us that came after him
Dupe Oshikoya- Mrs. OGUNLEYE has a daughter Bunmi who is following her steps in UCLA. If Nigeria don’t grab now she might end up with USA

ALL OF THESE GREAT ATHELES  AS DOING WELL
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by ajileko: 2:03am On Mar 12, 2009
I learnt that Alani James Olakunle is now with the Ogun State Sport council ? Is this correct
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by Babafad: 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2010
Waleol

Re Kayode Elegbede, he lives in the UK - London. We worked for the same employer in the early/mid 90s (in the UK) and we lived not too far from each other, back then. I bumped into him again early this year, and he still very much lives in London.

Baba Kay (as I fondly call him), was a 'Don' back in the day, however he is so disillusioned with sports and the way he was treated by the NSC that a lasting scar is left forever imprinted in his mind. Today, Baba Kay is a mutiple degree holder and none of his children have followed in his footsteps, sports-wise (due to the reason I gave above).

I used to sit transfixed, listening to his stories of the days when he was competing for Nigeria. They were amazing stories. If only Nigeria had treated him better, today we (Nigeria) would have been benefitting from the wealth of experience and knowledge the man has.

Kayode Elegbede was a fine athlete, and is a top bloke!
Re: What Ever Happened To All The Former Athletes (old Trackster) by ajileko: 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2011
Ye!!! I've just now found out that Kolawole Abdulai passed away 2 years ago in the USA. This guy use to be on of the fastest guy in Africa and the
Nigeria government didn't even pay special tribute celebrating his achievement.

(1) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho Only Scorer In Man City Penalty Loss Against Liverpool / Download Barcelona Vs AS Roma 6 - 1 All (messi,suarez) Goals & Match Highlight / Join My Colossus Bet Syndicate For Big Payouts.. Blaq_lsg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.