Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? (3236 Views)

Western Union Has Stopped Money Transfer From Nigeria???????:::::::::::::::::::: / Money Transfer From Nigeria To India. What's The Easiest Way? / GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by agabaI23(m): 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
I wanted to transfer money from my Stanbic IBTC dom account online to the UK and I was told I have to fill a form physically in one of their branches before I can do that. Is that true with other banks in Nigeria?
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by agabaI23(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Any ideas will be appreciated. I will be closing the account as fast as possible if other banks can offer the services I am looking for.
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by agabaI23(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
Helloo
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2012
Run to gtb
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2012
Run to gtb
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by willsman(m): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
Indeed, you must have to fill physical account opening forms for it because the account is globally known meaning that if you are in abroad and decide to lodge cheque into it, that's one hand even money depending the type because there are $,£, and € dom accounts, you take your money in hard currency and do your wish thereafter. Gtbank and Standard Chartered bank are good.
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by agabaI23(m): 5:11am On Mar 15, 2012
willsman: Indeed, you must have to fill physical account opening forms for it because the account is globally known meaning that if you are in abroad and decide to lodge cheque into it, that's one hand even money depending the type because there are $,£, and € dom accounts, you take your money in hard currency and do your wish thereafter. Gtbank and Standard Chartered bank are good.
Yea, to fill a physical account opening form is not the issue. The issue is filling a physical transfer form.
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by arbitrage: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2012
Many banks will want you to fill a paper transfer form while few of which I only know GTB will allow you to fill that form online. The advantage of that is that you will not need to go down to banking hall. Another one will allow you to fill the form (they may send you) and you fill and scan back to them by email e.g Union Bank). All of these options accede to the fact they transferring internationally is a request to the bank to carry out on your behalf unlike domestic transfers that are activities you can carry out instantly on your account by internet banking and recipients would receive immediately.
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by bukahands(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
Gtb does it online
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 17, 2012
bukahands: Gtb does it online
shot up. You are a lier. No bank in Nigeria does online transfer in dorm account because they uses code given to them by there correspondence bank and they won't be willing to reveal the code to any customer.
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by HOTCASSY(f): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
Sorry am very sure of skye bank.i ve done it severally on thier internet banking platfrom
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by ojochidem(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2012
fados4sure:
shot up. You are a lier. No bank in Nigeria does online transfer in dorm account because they uses code given to them by there correspondence bank and they won't be willing to reveal the code to any customer.

GTBank does it and I have sent money to Bank Accts abroad. All I do is to Change my Naira from into USD(at Bureau de Change) and pay into my Dorm Acct and the initiate the transfer. It takes btw 1 and 3 days at most. Best if you process it before 2pm.
Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by stagger: 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2012
fados4sure:

Who is this ignorant f.ool telling someone to shut up when I just wired money abroad on Thursday from my GTB online account? If you are ignorant about something, better to keep quiet and LOOK like a f.ool than to say something and actually prove that you are one.

Look at even your tenses and your reasoning. What code are you talking about? Information about correspondent bank SWIFT codes are available online. Stop talking arrant trash mister man.

2 Likes

Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by bukahands(m): 10:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
fados4sure:

You're very foolish for calling me a liar for replying a post, I taught fools like u no longer exist but if u are ignorant visit gtbank branch for more details that is if u can even communicate

1 Like

Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by bukahands(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
stagger:

Who is this ignorant f.ool telling someone to shut up when I just wired money abroad on Thursday from my GTB online account? If you are ignorant about something, better to keep quiet and LOOK like a f.ool than to say something and actually prove that you are one.

Look at even your tenses and your reasoning. What code are you talking about? Information about correspondent bank SWIFT codes are available online. Stop talking arrant trash mister man.

Thank you stagger o, the Fool probably doesn't have dorm account thats why he thinks swift code, sort codes, IBAN are things that are hidden by banks

1 Like

Re: Dom Account International Transfer From Nigeria Not Possible Online? by yommyuk: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2012
HOTCASSY: Sorry am very sure of skye bank.i ve done it severally on thier internet banking platfrom

Is this for real? I'm just abt to open an a/c with them. It will come very handy to be able to use this facility.

Pls can someone confirm the above from @ HOTCASSY!

(1) (Reply)

Need Who Can Supply Me Electronics Direct From Uk...local Or Abroad Cheaply / Jeunesse Global Expands To Africa, Nigerians Enjoys The Benefits / What Lucrative Business Can One Do With 1500000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.