Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

My Review: Hp Probook 4530s - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Review: Hp Probook 4530s (4839 Views)

Hp Probook 4530s Motherboard Urgently Needed,see Pics / Review - HP 650 Notebook / Review Needed: HP Pavilion DV6 Vs Hp Probook 4530s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by DualCore1: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
So, after waiting for a few hours and no one could find my board: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887755.0.html#msg10343405
. . . ok lets back up a bit. Until last week I used a HP ProBook 4510s. I normally use a line of HP models and upgrade one level at a time once a year. I like the Probook line because of its keypad (which is just perfect for what i do with it: write codes) and its no-nonsense, no-girly-curvy-straight-to-business look.

Well the ProBook 4510s. . . I was totally satisfied with the core2duo (4GB ram) raw power. . . but it was the first week in March and it had just clocked its 1 year and had to be sold but erm. .  . Well I did something and fried the board (don't ask). That's the board I am looking for in the link I posted above.

Now my review for the HP Probook 4530s. I will be reviewing this in comparison with the probook 4510s that I just left.

Its battery life is good, 4 hours and some minutes. Same with the 4510s/

Keypad is very awesome like the 4510s but I have a big problem with the Up and Down directional keys that have both been sliced into half to take the space of 1 key. Talk about saving plastic. It will take some getting used to.

Still, the keypad. . . it has no num-lock indicator light. Relax, they forgot. The indicator was there in the 4510s. I love the dedicated keypad for number crunching.

Still, the keypad. . . you know in most keypads the functions keys F1 (see me wanting to press F1 key to type F1) to F12 are grouped into about 3 batches. . .
You have F1 to F4 in one batch, then a wider gap and you have F5 to F8 in the next batch. Well this 4530s people have disbanded the batches. Now everything is in one straight row. You may be wondering how I could be bringing be this up as a problem when I am not like your pregnant wife tongue . Well this is a problem because as a web developer I refresh my browser always when I have to see the output of something I have just coded (I dont use a GUI IDE, I work with notepad++). So refreshing is almost a reflex action and we all know we refresh a browser page with F5. . . it's not easy to just press the function keys with reflex and hit the F5 key when there are no gaps between batches or any notches on the keys to use as reference. . . I dont know if am making sense to you about this. . . make we leave the matter joor. But this is a problem angry

I love the aluminum feel of the 4530s as compared to the 4510s' plastic. The Aluminum finishing makes it feel very solid, and it just means less finger prints on the body of the laptop.

The 4530s has a matte LCD and its not glossy like the 4510s. So this means finger prints dont really leave marks on the screen. I used to clean my 4510s every morning. . . i hate dusty, finger printy machines. So with the 4530s, its less cleaning required.

Erhm. . . what else?

Ehen the finger print kini on the 4530s. . . really I am not particular about this. . . what happens if i get injured on that finger so no login until the wound heals? . . . I kid, i just dont need that finger print scanner, I am not writing any biometric applications now and I think i love typing passwords.

The WiFi switch is in a better place this time and its a button unlike the 4510s which is a slide kini . . . that thing was always hard for me to slide without fingernails . . . i bite my nails wella.

ehen I almost forgot. . . I just love the fact that now in the 4530s we do not need to unscrew the keypad and slide out the surface just to get to the RAM and Harddrive just as I had to do in the 4510s. You just slide out the panel behind. . . still no visible screws. Lovely!

I cant comment on the graphics, I don't play games.

The Wifi strength is quite weak. I could forget my "hotspot" (dont ask) in the car and still be able to work in my room with the 4510s. I cant do that now with the 4530s. Pains me a bit cuz i cld be too lazy to go and get the "hotspot".

Overall this machine is just in its own class. . . most probooks are and refer to mine mostly as "my probook" not "my laptop".

The humble spec of my probook:
500GB HDD with very good speed.
4GB ram upgradeable to 8GB
4 USB ports (1 is usb 3.0)
Intel Core i3, 2.10 GHz
And the rest that come. . . you don't expect me to start mentioning webcam, mic e.t.c  tongue

Get a Probook today!
Other probookers please drop your experiences here.
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by engrhamid(m): 1:38am On Mar 10, 2012
www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=866017.0;num_replies=16
Dual Core:

So, after waiting for a few hours and no one could find my board: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887755.0.html#msg10343405
. . . ok lets back up a bit. Until last week I used a HP ProBook 4510s. I normally use a line of HP models and upgrade one level at a time once a year. I like the Probook line because of its keypad (which is just perfect for what i do with it: write codes) and its no-nonsense, no-girly-curvy-straight-to-business look.

Well the ProBook 4510s. . . I was totally satisfied with the core2duo (4GB ram) raw power. . . but it was the first week in March and it had just clocked its 1 year and had to be sold but erm. .  . Well I did something and fried the board (don't ask). That's the board I am looking for in the link I posted above.

Now my review for the HP Probook 4530s. I will be reviewing this in comparison with the probook 4510s that I just left.

Its battery life is good, 4 hours and some minutes. Same with the 4510s/

Keypad is very awesome like the 4510s but I have a big problem with the Up and Down directional keys that have both been sliced into half to take the space of 1 key. Talk about saving plastic. It will take some getting used to.

Still, the keypad. . . it has no num-lock indicator light. Relax, they forgot. The indicator was there in the 4510s. I love the dedicated keypad for number crunching.

Still, the keypad. . . you know in most keypads the functions keys F1 (see me wanting to press F1 key to type F1) to F12 are grouped into about 3 batches. . .
You have F1 to F4 in one batch, then a wider gap and you have F5 to F8 in the next batch. Well this 4530s people have disbanded the batches. Now everything is in one straight row. You may be wondering how I could be bringing be this up as a problem when I am not like your pregnant wife tongue . Well this is a problem because as a web developer I refresh my browser always when I have to see the output of something I have just coded (I dont use a GUI IDE, I work with notepad++). So refreshing is almost a reflex action and we all know we refresh a browser page with F5. . . it's not easy to just press the function keys with reflex and hit the F5 key when there are no gaps between batches or any notches on the keys to use as reference. . . I dont know if am making sense to you about this. . . make we leave the matter joor. But this is a problem angry

I love the aluminum feel of the 4530s as compared to the 4510s' plastic. The Aluminum finishing makes it feel very solid, and it just means less finger prints on the body of the laptop.

The 4530s has a matte LCD and its not glossy like the 4510s. So this means finger prints dont really leave marks on the screen. I used to clean my 4510s every morning. . . i hate dusty, finger printy machines. So with the 4530s, its less cleaning required.

Erhm. . . what else?

Ehen the finger print kini on the 4530s. . . really I am not particular about this. . . what happens if i get injured on that finger so no login until the wound heals? . . . I kid, i just dont need that finger print scanner, I am not writing any biometric applications now and I think i love typing passwords.

The WiFi switch is in a better place this time and its a button unlike the 4510s which is a slide kini . . . that thing was always hard for me to slide without fingernails . . . i bite my nails wella.

ehen I almost forgot. . . I just love the fact that now in the 4530s we do not need to unscrew the keypad and slide out the surface just to get to the RAM and Harddrive just as I had to do in the 4510s. You just slide out the panel behind. . . still no visible screws. Lovely!

The Wifi strength is quite weak. I could forget my "hotspot" (dont ask) in the car and still be able to work in my room with the 4510s. I cant do that now with the 4530s. Pains me a bit cuz i cld be too lazy to go and get the "hotspot".

Overall this machine is just in its own class. . . most probooks are and refer to mine mostly as "my probook" not "my laptop".

The humble spec of my probook:
500GB HDD with very good speed.
4GB ram upgradeable to 8GB
4 USB ports (1 is usb 3.0)
Intel Core i3, 2.10 GHz
And the rest that come. . . you don't expect me to start mentioning webcam, mic e.t.c  tongue

Get a Probook today!
Other probookers please drop your experiences here.
Nice write-ups. . . Keep it up bro.
U must be Kidding concerning d fingerprint, u can always register more than one fingers(even all). . . So if u get injury for ur fingers, na leg u won use type ur password?. . .so they r same.
The only disadvantage I c in fingerprint is, u will definately forget ur password someday if u used to fingerprint only.
"Get a Probook today!". . . Hmmm
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by Kaybaba5(m): 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
what i enjoy mostly is the sound , it has good sound output and the bluetooth stength is awesome . i live my 4530s probook
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by Muza(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Dual core,thanx for the review, i'm about changing from my HP510, had initially wanted to get a dell latitude, then later changed my mind to getting an Elitebook, but its damn expensive, though i can still squeeze to get it.
I ddnt even know probook existed until i saw a colleague wit it today, its lovely somwhat similar to the elitebook.

will a probook be reliable and durable cos i'm now thinking of getting an i5 of it.
pls advise.
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by DualCore1: 6:51am On Mar 13, 2012
Muza: Dual core,thanx for the review, i'm about changing from my HP510, had initially wanted to get a dell latitude, then later changed my mind to getting an Elitebook, but its damn expensive, though i can still squeeze to get it.
I ddnt even know probook existed until i saw a colleague wit it today, its lovely somwhat similar to the elitebook.

will a probook be reliable and durable cos i'm now thinking of getting an i5 of it.
pls advise.

Bro I have used all kinds of machines and I can tell you I have never been as totally satisfied with my machine as I was with the Probook 4510s. I know I will be more than satisfied with the Probook 4530s I have upgraded to.

You should give it a try. Just keep it clean always.
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by prankela: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2012
how much does this probook go for and where can one get a real one?
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by doofanc: 12:48am On Apr 19, 2012
Nice review by op. I'm thinking of getting a new laptop myself and was considering the popular Hp 630, that is, b4 i saw ur review.

Just wondering, Other than the fingerprint thingy are there any other advantages of the probook over the 630? I'm asking because of the price difference:
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by Ozegbe(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2012
doofanc: Nice review by op. I'm thinking of getting a new laptop myself and was considering the popular Hp 630, that is, b4 i saw ur review.

Just wondering, Other than the fingerprint thingy are there any other advantages of the probook over the 630? I'm asking because of the price difference:
whats the price difference?
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by doofanc: 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
^^ the probook is about N10k higher than the Hp630
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by semid4lyfe(m): 4:04am On Apr 20, 2012
Hmmm. . . I'm shocked to read Dual Core uses a HP laptop cos I recall him dissing HP laptops some years back undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/171330/why-buy-hp-when-theres

Dual Core:
i cant describe my hate for HP laptops. So fake looking. Popsy bought the silly HP Pavillion, tht crap tht has 360 rotation and touchscreen, it looks so fake!
HPs are so fake and expensive. I don't show mercy for all the DV6000 lappy owners who i help with issues on their lappies. angry angry
Everywhere u look na DV6000. small pikin dv6000, mummy DV6000, uncle DV6000, even tht smallie chic u've beein trying to racket grin grin
all looking so fake angry angry
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by cardoso111(m): 4:04am On Apr 20, 2012
Dual Core,i wishto salute for a good advertorial you did for HP.but let me quickly remark that my own version of Probook 4530s has a light when you cap lock.
Please feel to share more details-mine doesnt have fingerprint and no bluetooth is it normal?it makes a lot of superior computer sense to buy Pro book
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by initialize(m): 5:39am On Apr 20, 2012
If you need a real laptop, get a Dell laptop.

HP don't stand a chance with their oven laptops
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2012
Dual Core:
. . . its no-nonsense, no-girly-curvy-straight-to-business look.

hunh?

Dual Core:
.  . Well I did something and fried the board (don't ask).

you were never the smartest cookie in the jar!

Dual Core:

. . . I dont know if am making sense to you about this. . . make we leave the matter joor. But this is a problem angry

no , do u ever make sense?

Dual Core:
Erhm. . . what else?

how many chicks have u toasted with it?

Dual Core:
Ehen the finger kini on the 4530s. . .

finger ........ the laptop? shocked shocked shocked

Dual Core:
really I am not particular about this. . . what happens if i get injured on that finger so no lovin until the wound heals? . . . I kid, i just dont need to finger, I am not writing any biology applications now and I think i love typing passwords.

REALLY cheesy cheesy

Dual Core:

sighs!! SMH. momsy tried and tried and tried but u just will not accept correction!

Dual Core:

what about the pron then? i KNOW u watch those grin grin grin grin grin

Dual Core:

how is that a good thing? major minus if u ask me

and can u pls clarify this ur "hotspot" thing. im pretty dan well sure its not "HOT" anymore as PH chicks can testify, wink but is it now detacheable too? shocked shocked shocked.
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by engrhamid(m): 9:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
Anyone using HP pro book 4330s?
What can you say about it?
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by enquirydon: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2012
hp probook 4530s has 2 specfication:

320gb,4gram with fingerprint+bt while 500gb,4gram has no fingerprint and BT

I have sold the system very well it is ok
thanks

1 Like

Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by AtheistD(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
You never mentioned the gpu specs? Is it integrated? How much gpu ram?
What is the maximum upgradeable ram?
What is the Windws Experience Index?
No pics also?
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by Obstey01: 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2012
I use d probook 4530s too and am really enjoying it with it's amazing features n battery lifespan. Am trying to make a set of recovery CD for it but the stuff gat no recovery disk creator and there are no set of recovery CD on the system when i purchased it about a month ago. The recovery patition idicates that the recovery file is about 12 GB but when I open d patition, i only find 2 files of about 1 KB each.....pls, any suggestion on getting my set of recovery CD's?
the whole facial, fingerprint recognition n quickweb feature on my system are as well highly underutilised. I also noticed dat pavilion systems are way faster than its probook equivalent....... Motherboard speed difference....rait?
Re: My Review: Hp Probook 4530s by victichy: 1:02am On Jun 25, 2012
Obstey01: I use d probook 4530s too and am really enjoying it with it's amazing features n battery lifespan. Am trying to make a set of recovery CD for it but the stuff gat no recovery disk creator and there are no set of recovery CD on the system when i purchased it about a month ago. The recovery patition idicates that the recovery file is about 12 GB but when I open d patition, i only find 2 files of about 1 KB each.....pls, any suggestion on getting my set of recovery CD's?
the whole facial, fingerprint recognition n quickweb feature on my system are as well highly underutilised. I also noticed dat pavilion systems are way faster than its probook equivalent....... Motherboard speed difference....rait?

most recent system comes with recovery file integrated in a separate partition, you cant see it though cos its hidden, but whenever you format your system it helps you recover your drivers. You dont have to search for it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent: Opening OperaMini OBML Format File On A PC / How To Unlock A Micro Sd 1gb Memory Card (nokia Phone) / Sme Data @ Cheapest Price!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.