Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos (6355 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Cash: Ex-minister Flees Over Osun, Ekiti Polls / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Dino Melaye Beats Smart Adeyemi To Kogi West Senatorial Seat - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by DuduNegro: 8:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
We Yorubas do not believe in land grab and we never force or threaten anyone to come into our commonwealth, that choice is completely left to the subject territory to make. The Yorubas, our kith and kin, in Kogi and Kwara States are in border frontiers and politically controversial territories zoned into the North Region. Given the current political awareness and developments in the country, particularly in the possibility of a collapse and dissolution of the country, the leaders and sons of Kwara and Kogi States have spoken! In tandem with a dissolution of Nigeria they are resolved to equally dissolve their political identity with the North and return home to the Yoruba Commonwealth.

We support their choice and we welcome their wisdom. We Yorubas must exhibit this support in action and we do so by acknowledging and including Kwara and Kogi West whenever we discuss the Western States, Region and the Yoruba Commonwealth in general.

Your comments are welcome. . . .

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by naptu2: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2012
There are people in the old Mid-West (Edo/Delta) who would like to join the commonwealth. How do they go about that?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by peckhamboi: 8:54pm On Mar 10, 2012
naptu2:

There are people in the old Mid-West (Edo/Delta) who would like to join the commonwealth. How do they go about that?

I second this, how did you forget people in Edo and Delta? They have been with the Yorubas politically and culturally more than the Kwarans and Kogis

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Desola(f): 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
and which part of the old midwest have alligned with the west at any time?

Wishful thinking.

No part of Delta would go with the west. Although itsekiri are historically westerners, they are now well and truly deltans and closer to their urhobo kith and kins than then are to the Yorubas. There would be a republic for the Niger deltans and Delta and Edo would not be left out in it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2012
See these buffoons! cheesy

One jobless nairalander opened a useless thread about a group of states forming a yoruba alliance and other apes decide to argue on who and whom may join or not join the alliance. grin grin

Chei! See what high rate of unemployment has caused our youths. sad

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Desola(f): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2012
pDude:

See these buffoons! cheesy

One jobless nairalander opened a useless thread about a group of states forming a yoruba alliance and other apes decide to argue on who and whom may join or not join the alliance. grin grin

Chei! See what high rate of unemployment has caused our youths. sad

That same joblessness led you here, morasucker!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2012
Desola:

That same joblessness led you here, morasucker!

Like one of my teachers said: the truth dey pepper ya yansh? cheesy

Odu du wa kor Bia bia fra ni. Shioor! tongue
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Dede1(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

We Yorubas do not believe in land grab and we never force or threaten anyone to come into our commonwealth, that choice is completely left to the subject territory to make. The Yorubas, our kith and kin, in Kogi and Kwara States are in border frontiers and politically controversial territories zoned into the North Region. Given the current political awareness and developments in the country, particularly in the possibility of a collapse and dissolution of the country, the leaders and sons of Kwara and Kogi States have spoken! In tandem with a dissolution of Nigeria they are resolved to equally dissolve their political identity with the North and return home to the Yoruba Commonwealth.

We support their choice and we welcome their wisdom. We Yorubas must exhibit this support in action and we do so by acknowledging and including Kwara and Kogi West whenever we discuss the Western States, Region and the Yoruba Commonwealth in general.

Negro, please remove Kwara State and West of Kogi State from your daydream of commonwealth nation. Dr. Junaid Mohammed had publicly claimed them for the Islamic Republic and I know your peeps can not fight. I really want disintegration of Nigeria in order to see if you can fight the way your mouth runs. grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by bittyend(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
Please the Yoruba commonwealth includes the ITSEKIRIS AND ILAJES in Delta state - we need to deliver our brothers from the URHOBO, ISOKO, ANIOMA and IKA PARASITES cool

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 10:23pm On Mar 10, 2012
bittyend:

Please the Yoruba commonwealth includes the ITSEKIRIS AND ILAJES in Delta state - we need to deliver our brothers from the URHOBO, ISOKO, ANIOMA and IKA PARASITES cool
You should be more concerned with non Yorubas in the Southwest who would not want to be with the Yorubas. The Southwest is multi ethnic/cultural and some of this groups have always maitained that they want to be on their own.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by bittyend(m): 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
You should be more concerned with non Yorubas in the Southwest who would not want to be with the Yorubas. The Southwest is multi ethnic/cultural and some of this groups have always maitained that they want to be on their own.

who are the non Yorubas in SW?!?!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by koruji(m): 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
Those related to Yorubas and/or join the Yoruba Commonwealth have nothing to fear. What the Commonwealth will offer would essentially be autonomy coupled with the support that comes from being with a group of related nationalities.

Actually, I see this commonwealth at the end of the day being much larger than the states mentioned here. Many of the Mid-West/Middle-Belt states will be at home here, and there should be no problem in renaming the commonwealth to take cognizance of that.

The commonwealth should not, and would not, replace one tyranny with another.

Dudu_Negro:

We Yorubas do not believe in land grab and we never force or threaten anyone to come into our commonwealth, that choice is completely left to the subject territory to make. The Yorubas, our kith and kin, in Kogi and Kwara States are in border frontiers and politically controversial territories zoned into the North Region. Given the current political awareness and developments in the country, particularly in the possibility of a collapse and dissolution of the country, the leaders and sons of Kwara and Kogi States have spoken!  In tandem with a dissolution of Nigeria they are resolved to equally dissolve their political identity with the North and return home to the Yoruba Commonwealth.  

We support their choice and we welcome their wisdom.  We Yorubas must exhibit this support in action and we do so by acknowledging and including Kwara and Kogi West whenever we discuss the Western States, Region and the Yoruba Commonwealth in general.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Beaf: 10:27pm On Mar 10, 2012
Referendum on "leffing" the Western Region. The Itsekiri vote is under Warri. Die! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/618690_Midwest_gifc8ab793912f73fbfd315c809824d9a07

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2012
bittyend:

who are the non Yorubas in SW?!?!
The Eguns, the Ijaws, the Akoko-Edos etc.
The Eguns might want to rejoin their kins in Benin Republic while the Ijaws and Akoko-Edos will opt for Midwest or Eastern republics.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Chyz2: 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2012
All of Kwara is not Yoruba, neither is Ondo so be specific.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by bittyend(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2012
The Eguns, the Ijaws, the Akoko-Edos etc.
The Eguns might want to rejoin their kins in Benin Republic while the Ijaws and Akoko-Edos will opt for Midwest or Eastern republics.

The Eguns and Akoko Edos are Yorubas - and the Ijaws can join the Eastern republic - if the olukumis in Anioma are allowed to join their kith and kins in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by bittyend(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
[size=20pt]FREE DELTA STATE FROM THE ANIOMA, IKA, URHOBO AND ISOKO PARASITES!!!

MY ITSEKIRI AND ILAJE BROTHERS, PLEASE OCCUPY YOUR RESOURCES IN DELTA STATE - TILL THE CAPITAL IS MOVED TO ITSEKIRI LAND!!!!!
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
Chyz*:

All of Kwara is not Yoruba, neither is Ondo so be specific.
Well said Chyz.
Only one-third of Kwara is Yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by AndreUweh(m): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2012
bittyend:

The Eguns and Akoko Edos are Yorubas - and the Ijaws can join the Eastern republic - if the olukumis in Anioma are allowed to join their kith and kins in the SW.
The Eguns are not Yoruboid but Eweid group. They lean towards Benin republic than Yorubaland. The Akoko-Edos in Ondo state are Edoid groups and would like to rejoin their kins in Edo state.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by bittyend(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2012
The Eguns are not Yoruboid but Eweid group. They lean towards Benin republic than Yorubaland. The Akoko-Edos in Ondo state are Edoid groups and would like to rejoin their kins in Edo state.

How can the Eguns be "Eweid" - when they have a Yoruba king?? Are the Ewe people not Yorubas?? If the Eguns want to join Benin Republic - they're free to do that - as long as we Yorubas can get back Port Novo (Yoruba city), in place of Badagry.

As for the Akoko Edos, they're 200% Yorubas - and I doubt even the Bini people would want to be separated from their Yoruba kith and kins. cool

As long as Benin Republic is ready to secede Port Novo to us - we'll gladly give them Badagry and the Eguns. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by aljharem(m): 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2012
bittyend:

How can the Eguns be "Eweid" - when they have a Yoruba king?? Are the Ewe people not Yorubas?? If the Eguns want to join Benin Republic - they're free to do that - as long as we Yorubas can get back Port Novo (Yoruba city), in place of Badagry.

As for the Akoko Edos, they're 200% Yorubas - and I doubt even the Bini people would want to be separated from their Yoruba kith and kins. cool

As long as Benin Republic is ready to secede Port Novo to us - we'll gladly give them Badagry and the Eguns. cool
cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin port Novo aka Ajasan when the president chase those Igbo traders 3 years ago grin grin grin

I wonder why they did not chase hausa and yoruba traders ?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by aljharem(m): 11:08pm On Mar 10, 2012
I wonder how envious Ander Uweh and Chyz are now undecided grin grin grin grin(acting childish) wink grin grin grin grin grin

Look Andre Uweh, You have lived with yorubas and hausas and others for 50 years and you do not understand them ?

Try to get into the phycy of a yoruba and hausa man then you would find something that would work for you and you envy would stop !!!

Let me give you a little secret

NEVER EVER EVER CLAIM other people no matter how much they are Igbo.

2. Don't try to balkiaze anyone because once you do, it is like digging a trap for yourself.

3. Why not work in forming peace between Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas On nairaland rather than try to cause division. It is for your own good.

I can speak Egun and I have Eguns in my family. All you are doing is fighting the wind, I don't mind working with you to stop yoruba bigots, I can do that but I call to you and you did not answer.

I know you are NOT a bigot real life but on Nairaland, you are a different creature. I understand that it is the yoruba bigots in Nairaland like bluetooth and Oduasolja etc that made you like this. I am willing to go against them if we join hands

The way you are going about things would not help both of us. What do you ?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Yeske2(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
Kwara ke? Una wan yawa with Fulani, na una problem anyway.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Yeske2(m): 4:11pm On Mar 11, 2012
Kwara ke? Una wan yawa with Fulani, na una problem anyway.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by folahann(m): 4:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
ACN will capture Ondo State so they can integrate Yoruba states in order for Tinubu and governors to achieve ONE SOUTH-WEST STATE. All the states will pull resources together in order to help one another
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Chyz2: 4:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
I tell ya....
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Chyz2: 4:52pm On Jun 15, 2012
You all wan mek me stot again o!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
bittyend: Please the Yoruba commonwealth includes the ITSEKIRIS AND ILAJES in Delta state - we need to deliver our brothers from the URHOBO, ISOKO, ANIOMA and IKA PARASITES cool
a new state,toru ebe state to be created from edo,delta and ondo will deliver the ilaje of ondo from SW so that they can unite with their brothers in SouthSouth.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by aljharem(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
chima12: a new state,toru ebe state to be created from edo,delta and ondo will deliver the ilaje of ondo from SW so that they can unite with their brothers in SouthSouth.

Abeg una wahala be that. wink smiley You would not see any yoruba person worry himself over that, Ilajes are already in Delta state couple with Itsekiris. It is really looking good for Odua nation smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

BTW I also used the like button for your post smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by ACM10: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
bittyend: Please the Yoruba commonwealth includes the ITSEKIRIS AND ILAJES in Delta state - we need to deliver our brothers from the URHOBO, ISOKO, ANIOMA and IKA PARASITES cool

You are unable to deliver your brothers in Kwara and Kogi from the hands of Fulani raiders. Yet, u are flirting with the idea of opening a second front with Igbos possibly. I guess that your peeps are smarter than u
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by samkoro: 11:16pm On Jun 15, 2012
alj harem: I wonder how envious Ander Uweh and Chyz are now undecided grin grin grin grin(acting childish) wink grin grin grin grin grin

Look Andre Uweh, You have lived with yorubas and hausas and others for 50 years and you do not understand them ?

Try to get into the phycy of a yoruba and hausa man then you would find something that would work for you and you envy would stop !!!

Let me give you a little secret

NEVER EVER EVER CLAIM other people no matter how much they are Igbo.

2. Don't try to balkiaze anyone because once you do, it is like digging a trap for yourself.

3. Why not work in forming peace between Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas On nairaland rather than try to cause division. It is for your own good.

I can speak Egun and I have Eguns in my family. All you are doing is fighting the wind, I don't mind working with you to stop yoruba bigots, I can do that but I call to you and you did not answer.

I know you are NOT a bigot real life but on Nairaland, you are a different creature. I understand that it is the yoruba bigots in Nairaland like bluetooth and Oduasolja etc that made you like this. I am willing to go against them if we join hands

The way you are going about things would not help both of us. What do you ?

Is Ijebu 100% or 30% yoruba?Is Ilaje 100% or 40% yoruba?Is Awori 100% or 48% yoruba.U tried ur best to be objective but u failed cos its not in ur nature and culture.If there is one thing an Igbo man understands very well,it is that subtle ways of pretence and setting fire on other peoples homes,it is an extension of that inherent quarelsome and talkative nature.I always say it that Yorubas are self absorbed and self centered.They don't respect anything that is not theirs,they hardly learn other languages except yoruba,they hardly travel the country except the ones from kwara or kogi who go north.

Did u think at all b4 saying this:Igbos should not claim Igbos no matter their Igboness,that means even when its 100%.All I can see is a bigot promising to help fight smaller bigots.

The social problem between yoruba and Igbo stems from the followqing
1)Igbo culture and some other neighbouring ethnic groups like TIV,Ijaw,Efic,ibibio exalts straightforwardness- ability to say the truth to elders and kinsmen openly without fear or favour,but this is found wanting in your culture,thus the overall impression that u are not straight forward.

2)Igbos understand yoruba and their ways and culture very well because Igbos are always the ones that initiate friendship,they are out going.For instance in my youth service days,Igbos are the ones to make friends with every body irrespective of ethnicity while the yorubas would hardly move with anybody not of their ethnicity or cannot speak gbati.They just move in groups.The larger picture of this is what goes on in the country.

3)The Yorubas don't understand the Igbos cos they are not interested.I believe its not totaly their falt cos its biological.Let me tell a revealing story.

There is this Young man I meet while buying a part for my car here in Lagos.Initialy I thought was Igbo
Cos he speaks Igbo perfectly.I mean perfectly,oh my God!! Although with a very negligible accent but men,he speaks so well that ull never think he is 100% yoruba.The amazing thing is that he has never set foot on Igboland before.He learnt it here in Lagos.On interacting with him,he told me that knowing the Igbo language opened him up to a whole new world of understanding of Igbo people and their ways and culture.He hears what Igbos discuss in secrete and open and knows their hearts and feelings.He realized that Igbos are the most detribalized,free minded ,objectve and business minded poeple that realy wants free,just and progressive society.This man despises his certain things his ethnic stock does especially when they harass his customers for packing..He just wished the yorubas could break that barrier of ethnic bigotry.

The young man is doing well around there.I patronise him lot.Infact he is incharge of my vehicle part needs.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth - Kwara, Kogi West, Oyo, Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun And Lagos by Isaactop9(m): 1:42am On Jun 16, 2012
samkoro:

Is Ijebu 100% or 30% yoruba?Is Ilaje 100% or 40% yoruba?Is Awori 100% or 48% yoruba.U tried ur best to be objective but u failed cos its not in ur nature and culture.If there is one thing an Igbo man understands very well,it is that subtle ways of pretence and setting fire on other peoples homes,it is an extension of that inherent quarelsome and talkative nature.I always say it that Yorubas are self absorbed and self centered.They don't respect anything that is not theirs,they hardly learn other languages except yoruba,they hardly travel the country except the ones from kwara or kogi who go north.

Did u think at all b4 saying this:Igbos should not claim Igbos no matter their Igboness,that means even when its 100%.All I can see is a bigot promising to help fight smaller bigots.

The social problem between yoruba and Igbo stems from the followqing
1)Igbo culture and some other neighbouring ethnic groups like TIV,Ijaw,Efic,ibibio exalts straightforwardness- ability to say the truth to elders and kinsmen openly without fear or favour,but this is found wanting in your culture,thus the overall impression that u are not straight forward.

2)Igbos understand yoruba and their ways and culture very well because Igbos are always the ones that initiate friendship,they are out going.For instance in my youth service days,Igbos are the ones to make friends with every body irrespective of ethnicity while the yorubas would hardly move with anybody not of their ethnicity or cannot speak gbati.They just move in groups.The larger picture of this is what goes on in the country.

3)The Yorubas don't understand the Igbos cos they are not interested.I believe its not totaly their falt cos its biological.Let me tell a revealing story.

There is this Young man I meet while buying a part for my car here in Lagos.Initialy I thought was Igbo
Cos he speaks Igbo perfectly.I mean perfectly,oh my God!! Although with a very negligible accent but men,he speaks so well that ull never think he is 100% yoruba.The amazing thing is that he has never set foot on Igboland before.He learnt it here in Lagos.On interacting with him,he told me that knowing the Igbo language opened him up to a whole new world of understanding of Igbo people and their ways and culture.He hears what Igbos discuss in secrete and open and knows their hearts and feelings.He realized that Igbos are the most detribalized,free minded ,objectve and business minded poeple that realy wants free,just and progressive society.This man despises his certain things his ethnic stock does especially when they harass his customers for packing..He just wished the yorubas could break that barrier of ethnic bigotry.

The young man is doing well around there.I patronise him lot.Infact he is incharge of my vehicle part needs.

O M G see wat my view has always being, rather than luking for smaller ethnic groups to claim. Freedom to interact with non yoruboids is wat i find lacking in dat tribe. Its not our making dat we are one entity called 9jaria. Since God has made us lyk dat why dont we think beyond tribalism and think of making 9jaria a better place.wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tompolo Frees Kidnapped Journalists, As Itsekiris Call Jonathan A Coward / These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / INEC: Osun Election Will Be Role Model For 2019 Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.