Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland (7146 Views)

This Lady Is 131 Years Young,let's Give Her As Muck Likes And Amen. / Seun: Time Spetn On Profile Not Updating / Siasia: Three Years Is Enough To Rebuild S’eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by eemmason(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, he's done well. NL is really enjoyable now on mobile as i don't think I'''ll be able to carry my desktop everywhere because the previous interface was fine. Y'all better thank God he's got time to do something better instead of complainingsmiley
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by jedavu(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2012
Seun u r great keep d good job doin make a good change of nairaland and let enjoy it more bt plz how long or yrs is nairaland nw?
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by cmpunk: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
This new appearance is not cool. Im straining my eyes. Pls do something about it.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by DeepSight(m): 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
Men, Seun, please listen to good advise from a person who loves Nairaland. This change is HORRIBLE in EVERY respect. I can assure you will loose a large amount of traffic from this change. The former version was cool, elegant, simple and easy to work. This one is nothing but a total monstrosity. Aside from being irredeemably ugly, its functions are difficult, and it is a total eyesore. My eyes hurt, just looking at it, mate. Please REVERT to the OLD version - its ten thousand times superior, I tell you!
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by marcus1234: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Krazylover: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2012
We know change is the only constant thing in life but this is a bad change. Seun has behave like Microsoft. Microsoft always brings out a bad version to replace a good version. [img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by slimghost(m): 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2012
This bullshit is affecting my eyesight for crying out loud. Am outta here. Seun u can now self-service with this bullshit u call an upgrade.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Deiok(m): 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2012
this new look and features are better than the old one. Those who dont like the new nairaland are enemies of progress.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by marcus1234: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2012
2nd post
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by niddamugu(m): 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2012
I thought my computer was faulty until I saw this thread. Please revert status quo sad sad sad
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Rooneyboy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2012
On a scale of one 1/10 I will give seun 2/10.
There are some positives here sha in that its much easier to reply while using ur phone compared to b4.

Again while using ur phone u get to c everypost clogged up 'straight' , which helps u not to fiddle with the cursor too often.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by mayonikks: 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
i PREFER THIS VERSION AS LOADING SPEED IS FASTER AND PICTURES LOAD QUICKER....I LOVE THE CHANGE......
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by binigirl(f): 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2012
na wa 4 dis new nairaland sha...anyway lets wait and see wat d outcome will be...and it beta be good. undecided
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Trendline: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
THIS NEW LOOK ITS AFFECTING SOMEONE'S EYE, OR DO WE NEED TO PUT ON EYE GLASSES TO ACCESS THE FORUM NOW? PLS SEUN KINDLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS LOOK.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by collinsfbi(m): 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2012
I don't like the arrangement of having topic and posters' name on a straight line

i don't like the colour arrangement

Seun has a lot to do to make NLDers happy

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by djojo(m): 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
i will prefer everything to remain how it was, cos i don't understand this font page at all.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by gomeek(f): 1:35pm On Mar 12, 2012
I preferd nairaland 2 evry oda naija forum,becos it looked mature n was serious busines,bt wit all its colours now due to upgrading,i'm forcd 2 tink otherwise.
Evrything is anoyinly horizontal,topics are largely separated,plus F is in pink and M in blue,is this a creche class?
Pls i hope u dnt have plans of havin images on,gosh dis whole tin is jst g.oin 2 b childish.
U wnt 2 make us fil lyk we r on facebook,if we go on lyk dis we'll start liking posts n all dat crap.
Pls take dis whole thing slow,nairaland does nt have to be lyk naijapals or facebook to be awesome or cool,we like the difference,jst the way it is.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by egift(m): 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2012
Personally, I have done everything I can to avoid comments on this "Changes". But all the same, let say the following 3 things:
1. I don't know if this is still SMF, but SMF remains the best Forum CMS.
2. If the is need for total overhual, why not make it a social platform considering the population. That will also make Nairaland more addictive (imaging you can chat, forum, blog, photo album, video albums, game, and more.
3. If maintaining only forum as he did, why not a better SMF themes and plugins. See below for just few.

He can even request a custom design. I rest my case.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by FEMARY1: 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2012
My prayer is that Seun will not use his hand to destroy what he had built over the years in the name of change.Nairaland has grown to almost 1million subscriber over a space of seven years with little or no change.Now he want to force his change down the throat of people,lets see how it goes.

Please Seun monitor your visitors metrics to avoid total collapse.

Its just like Coca cola wanting to change the taste of coke by force.

Lets see how it goes.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by eemmason(m): 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
bini girl: na wa 4 dis new nairaland sha...anyway lets wait and see wat d outcome will be...and it beta be good. undecided
like if you're given the opportunity you'll even recognise the problem let alone think of solution. My advise to u is; keep watching!
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by yamakuza: 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
egift: Personally, I have done everything I can to avoid comments on this "Changes". But all the same, let say the following 3 things:
1. I don't know if this is still SMF, but SMF remains the best Forum CMS.
2. If the is need for total overhual, why not make it a social platform considering the population. That will also make Nairaland more addictive (imaging you can chat, forum, blog, photo album, video albums, game, and more.
3. If maintaining only forum as he did, why not a better SMF themes and plugins. See below for just few.

He can even request a custom design. I rest my case.

this is actually not SMF.

Its coded from scratch using Python, hence the shortage of hands, maybe.

It appears majority of Nairalanders are not interested in social networking features, at least for now.

Lets just give them 40 tips and 4 weeks.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 12, 2012
Revert to the old nairaland. That is the right thing to do. The new one is not attrative in anyway. Seun, Did you ever hear the American always saying "don't fix what is not broken"?
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2012
Down with Seun the autocratic despot.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2012
So after the numerous advise from nlers, Seun you still changed this website abi?

I know that you're not blind, so how can a visually and mentally stable person use this type of design? My eyes hurts, lawd have mercy!!

It's not your fault sha, it's nlers who have no other website to go to . . .for now.

Your utter disrespect will end soon. You think say you hold monopoly over a Nigerian blogsite? One day, one Aba boy will create his own Nigerian/Biafran website.

Gosh!! My eyes hurts!! angry angry
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by agabaI23(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
The only problem I have with the new site is that it looks crowded. Not sure why he prefers the italicized thread heading. I don't like it either. Some new stuff that good.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Ralphjoe(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
Wow! This site looks good & kinda portable for my phone now, i like this new friendship feature of the new nl, mr seun, please i would love you to bring back smileys. More grease to your elbow man.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 12, 2012
Are the Noise makers still complaining.....? Can You all shut the F up if u ain't satisfied with the new look... How come Nigerians are just so backward
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by KINGwax(m): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
freecocoa: I'm with OKIJA on this one,he doesn't even care about what we think,almost everyone kicked against the idea,he didn't even tell us when it will take effect,the next thing we see one blessed morning is one ugly site he now calls NL,the thing is really annoying,well after all he'll say its his property so he can do with it whatever he wills, forgetting that without us there would be no traffic which will be bad for his business,mscheew.
most people talk rashly and mostly without sense. Must he alwys do your will? He soughted for opinions day in day out to make the new one work but all u idiottaz did and still doing was wanting d OLD ONE back instead of giving ideas on improving a new one. Apart from d blue color, facebook changes from time to time.
We might love d green color, d blak font color for topics, but we fuckin don't want d old sheet back. The new features are very nice, if it irates u, log your fuckout!

1 Like

Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by olawalebabs(m): 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
The old site is eye friendly and easy to use, but this new site. too complicated.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
KINGwax: most people talk rashly and mostly without sense. Must he alwys do your will? He soughted for opinions day in day out to make the new one work but all u idiottaz did and still doing was wanting d OLD ONE back instead of giving ideas on improving a new one. Apart from d blue color, facebook changes from time to time.
We might love d green color, d blak font color for topics, but we fuckin don't want d old sheet back. The new features are very nice, if it irates u, log your fuckout!
May amadioha cut off the hand you used in typing that rubbish,so in your mind now you talked with sense abi?fowl,who said anything about him doing our will?the blawdy site is a terror to the eyes and you are there talking rubbish,when it was at its beta phase,everyone told him how straining and hurtful it is to the eyes,we all suggested he use a darker color so that it wouldn't hurt yet he gave deaf ears to it,see how foolish you are,like we are not the reason why NL is still here,what do you think would happen if everyone who complains about their eyes hurting should quit coming here?true other people will join but unless their eyes is not the type God gave to everyone will they not complain,so if you want to talk you talk with your mouth and not your smelly nyansh,don't even go this line with me cos you wouldn't like it,hediot.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by jidewin(m): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2012
Okija_juju: Seun has no respect for Nairalanders. . .

We categorically told him not to change from the old one to this but he refused. . His autocracy is just getting out of hand. . It is time we Nairalanders reclaim our rights. . We shall Occupy Nairaland until Seun goes back to the old version or gives us something better than this crap.

Seun needs to know that Failure to comply would lead to protests on a scale he couldnt possibly begin to imagine. .
Hohohohohoho this okija sef...u go dey make ild man show his 32 or what's left sometimes.
Re: Let's Give Seun Time To Rebuild Nairaland by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2012
initially, when i logged into nairaland yesterday to see the recent changes, i was disappointed in seun. The new design is not as colorful and attractive as the old one, and some contents or would i say tabs have been removed from the site eg 'home'. But then, for over 2 years of my being part of nairaland, i have always accessed this site with my mobile phone, due to the on-the-go nature of my life. I only had the previliedge of visiting nairaland on a computer once. Now here's what i discovered, the new design is more adapted for mobile phone users than those using computers. The layout is more compact and concise, and the whole page fits into a mobile phone screen. In the old version, mobile users had to scroll from left to right to view a complete page which has been eliminated on this new version. And i guess, most users of nairaland on mobile. Then something else drew my attention.... Complains by nairalanders, some even went as far as saying they want to protest.... Well, this is what i saw last time i scrolled to the bottom of a page on nairaland....... 'Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa (© 2005 - 2012). See also: Privacy Policy / Nairalist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari’s Daughter, Zahra Shows Love To Korede Bello At The Inauguration Dinner / Fathered By A Ghost, Married To A Ghost - Osun State Woman Tells Her Story / See How CBN Governor Leaned For Smaila Isa Funtua Personal Friend Of PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.