Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,549 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? (18034 Views)

Carpet Grass Car In Akure That Has Got Everyone Talking: (photos) / SUV Climbs Over Another Car In Accident On Oshodi-apapa Road (photos) / Is It Better To Buy A Car Outright Or To Buy Using A Loan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by bijelee(m): 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2012
If i had known it will take this long, honestly I would have bought my ride at any of this road side dealers. I just had to keep my head, I made payment since November and it was stories by February when the ride was meant to arrive, in fact if not Thats its my uncle that is involved, I would harassed whoever was badly by any means.

@poster, It now depends on how soon you need it. If you can wait for some months, all Good. The price is almost the same in the long run, really i don't see any big deal, if I would advise, I'd rather you bought your ride here in Nigeria at any good dealer. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by yinka2011: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
invest wisely with the help of the finance website [size=20pt]E A S Y K O B O .com
[/size]

then decide whether to import or buy
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by guttentag(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2012
CAN I GET A GOOD USED CAR FOR 600k IN NIGERIA? AM IN GHANA NOW BUT WILL BE COMING REAL SOON AND I JUST NEED SOMETHING THAT REACH MY BUDGET.. lonly_troy@yahoo.com
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by hakon: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2012
I buy my cars from USA even for my friends too and I have never had the course to regret. the truth is that any information that u are given about the car u wish to buy is as it is. compared to Most Nigerians that will buy flood cars and sell to Nigerians without them actually letting them know the history of the car that they are buying.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by MOM1(m): 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2012
why do people always feel buying a car in america is cheap..
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by Emperoh(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2012
Different strokes for different folks
Some with good stories, others with sour ones. But if the sour ones are better than the good ones, does it mean going with them is a good decision?
No!!! The best thing is to see what works for you.

Buying in Nigeria, u are left to contend with a lot of things, but importantly, arm yourself with ample knowledge and information on cars
so u don't get swindled. The likely stuff you will meet include, odometer roll back, crashed cars selling as clean title, high mileage etc
Also, all that glitters are not gold. . . .look beyond the beautiful cosmetics on the car and ask questions. Don't part with your money until you
are completely convinced.

If buying abroad, the advantage is that you are sure of the source of what you are buying and it's condition
There are also dubious people in USA so open your eyes. I will always advice you to use a dealer or at least someone who is WELL versed in cars
That way, you are given definite info on what and what is to be done before your car get's here. A lot people complain of wait. . .u may have been dealing with the wrong person or going for an unrealistic deal hence the wait because your are searching for a car that will meet up. But i won't attribute all wait to that. Some other factors maybe responsible.

In all, do your research very very well, be realistic with pricing and always do so with people you know what they do.
for some reasons, buying in USA is my preferred choice and i have taken that route buying for clients and for family members,

The Choice is yours.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by lekzwyc(m): 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2012
Joeblis: On my prospective is beter u buy it here in 9ja...shippg is somehow dengarous,the ship may capsize and u lose

Ω̴̩̩̩̥a so ships d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ capsize? Mtchew. My guy, there are better car dealers I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊​ 9ja. Put ur money Ϟ•̸ђξrξ U̶̲̥̅̊ can Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ it....gudluck
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by Exponental(m): 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2012
In summary of d above
buy in 9ja: d devil u know is better than d saint u dont know
buy abroad: wait n be hypertensive or wait endlessly!
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by phylumsan: 12:35am On Mar 13, 2012
To ship is better dis days cos fraudlers r rampant in niga. if u av someone to tailor it down i think its beta it will be in good order
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by usapolo: 12:46am On Mar 13, 2012
I am based in the USA and I would be more than happy to find you a car in the USA for you. But I would advise you to buy in Nigeria if you can find the car you want.
Although the Cars may be of better quality and Cheaper in the USA the transaction is where the problem is.Buyers in Nigeria would expect me to buy the car and ship to them
before receiving payment.That does not work for us in the USA. The cars I have sold, have been paid for in advance by the buyer and I have delivered.If you don't have the Capacity to buy in the USA stick with Nigeria. Or travel to the USA in person and you can buy yourself.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by queensmith: 6:51am On Mar 13, 2012
if it's a bad idea to buy a car in Nigeria, can't you buy it in another country nearby to save the waiting?
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by Cdemian: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2012
I urgently need a CAR of 150-250k for a taxi. Call/sms 08063828269
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by hakon: 7:06am On Dec 05, 2012
I reside in Nigeria and I personally buy all my cars at the auctions and it has always been cheaper and it arrives Nigeria maximum of six weeks. I have never had any issues with the process. I Bid and purchase directly without any third party. I also buy for others. there are two options that we can use to buy for you.
1. make a deposit of $1000 and sign our agreement. in this case we will finance the purchase at an agreed amount.
2. make full payment for the purchase and shipping and also clearing when it arrives. our fee is $300 only in this case and u will witness the live auction when we bid for your vehicle. in this case you save more.

Salvage or Clean Title we can purchase it for you.
ikemefunan@gmail.com
BB PIN 312245CD
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by wisdom77: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2012
It is true the wait could be torturous but at the end you get a good car depending on who buys it for you. I sent some cash to my cousin in the US since july and my car just got in from the US in december. Though i wanted and EOD but he got a very good deal on a Lexus ES300 and Men the ride is sweet, checked out the VIN from carfax and men the car checks out very good. so if you have someone you can trust then you will definitely smile. I am about to start the search for my next ride which is an SUV, the wait is worth it bro.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by sultaan(m): 11:29pm On Dec 05, 2012
A scent of blood in water and the sharks are circling.

I have bought and ship cars a couple of times from US, it easy to buy any car you can afford but very difficult to buy for Nigerians because they all(Arabs included) want Toyota and Honda, so the price is about 40% higher than comparable models(Americans don't even bid for those at auctions anymore
So I'll advice you get Lexus, Mercedes, or Audi which will be cheaper than buying your Camry in Naija.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by Fhemmmy: 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2012
sultaan: A scent of blood in water and the sharks are circling.

I have bought and ship cars a couple of times from US, it easy to buy any car you can afford but very difficult to buy for Nigerians because they all(Arabs included) want Toyota and Honda, so the price is about 40% higher than comparable models(Americans don't even bid for those at auctions anymore
So I'll advice you get Lexus, Mercedes, or Audi which will be cheaper than buying your Camry in Naija.

Inasmuch as i do agree with the face that some of the rides are just ridiculously expensive in buying in the US and Canada like you have mentioned, buying Lexus and Mercedes will be something that the buyer wont save money on, cos of the cost of clearing, the last 2006 E350 that i cleared just couple of months ago cost me over 700K Naira while i would have cleared the Toyota at range of 300K Naira

So what you gain in buying will be spent on clearing, there seems to be no winning . . . .
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by mich2012: 10:36pm On Dec 14, 2012
kukus01: be warned my guy..... cryif i had listened i wouldnt be waiting for the car i paid in full for since september 2011 till now its still one story after another angry!!! guy just find ya car for lagos there!!! to be fore warned is to be fore harmed!!! a word is enough for the wise!!!!

Exactly my problem, I won't do this US shipping thing again in my life through a friend/family.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by hakon: 1:16am On Dec 15, 2012
The Us auto purchase guarantees that you get what you pay for. unlike most lagos dealers that will buy a car of 300k miles and reduce the mileage to 30k miles. I import for my customers dirctly from the USA and they have never had the course to complain. most people that ship cars from the USA fail to find out shipping schedule of the various ports so as to ascertain the port that has a ship sailing that month. Most of all many guys in the USA have their own financial issues, when you send money to them they tend to take care of their own personal problems before buying your car. I have two options for my customers which are
1. pay for buying and shipping and save lots of money($300 convenience fee is what I charge)
2. make deposit of N150K and we finance the purchase and shipping while you clear the car on arrival.(we charge 25% interest on whatever amount we add in buying the car.)

be rest assured that you will get value for your money
The good thing about us is that we are here in Nigeria.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by calculusx(m): 9:54am On Dec 15, 2012
kukus01: be warned my guy..... cryif i had listened i wouldnt be waiting for the car i paid in full for since september 2011 till now its still one story after another angry!!! guy just find ya car for lagos there!!! to be fore warned is to be fore harmed!!! a word is enough for the wise!!!!

The best way to pre-order a Car from US is through a reputable dealer who you can question or express your grieviances with if things go wrong. Not everyone living in US know about logistics involved in shipping. I had a friend traveled to US because of a failed EOD pre-order deal through his Uncle. Very few family members or friends will deliver in exporting cars from US. Do not send money to whoever you can't stand upright and look into his eyes {Uncle,friends, in-law,brother or sister} should in case the deal go-wrong. At the end they tell you they are only doing you a favor grin
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by Popoolaoladayo(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2012
As far as I am concerned,"seeing is beleiving".it is prefarable to know what u re paying for.even if you have some1 abroad,it must b a trustworthy person who is versertile in qualities of vehicles.it is costlier to buy in 9ja atimes but it is worth it bc "u sabi wetin u buy".all na tokunbo no b tiarubber so d 2nd new choice must b good so tht people will nt differenciate bw owning a car and buying a car for u.
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by Fhemmmy: 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2012
Popoola oladayo: As far as I am concerned,"seeing is beleiving".it is prefarable to know what u re paying for.even if you have some1 abroad,it must b a trustworthy person who is versertile in qualities of vehicles.it is costlier to buy in 9ja atimes but it is worth it bc "u sabi wetin u buy".all na tokunbo no b tiarubber so d 2nd new choice must b good so tht people will nt differenciate bw owning a car and buying a car for u.

While you ave a point, i am sure if you are buying a ride from a white man, you wont be skeptical, but i think it is time we dont blame human race but blame ourselves for not doing the due dilligence before investing money into something, there are so many reliable people out there that would make sure your money is safe and you will see your ride in no time in Lagos if Pre-Ordered from them.
We have been on NL going 5 years now and we have done all possible to make sure our clients are happy and we will always strive to be better
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by adex2000ng(m): 6:18am On Dec 23, 2012
I think †ђξ explanations of Fhemmmy and A̶̲̥̅̊ lot of posts I have read he made aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ very clear, and simple. Though I have not done any business with him, I don't think any of those †ђªt have pre-ordered thru him have complained about such deals. (Same with other reputable dealers on NL) †ђªt Ȋ̝̊̅§ †ђξ mark of A̶̲̥̅̊ truthful, sincere dealer. @Fhemmmy, Pls drop m̶̲̥̅e̶̲̥̅. A̶̲̥̅̊ mail @ adexcomputersystems@yahoo.com. I want to try doing business with Ʊ this January 2013
Re: Which Is Better? To Buy A Car In Nigeria Or Ship It In? by abbakin: 8:04am On Apr 14, 2022
Are you looking for where to buy used cars, trucks and SUVs in Nigeria? Buycars.ng is the best site to buy and sell cars in Nigeria with ease. You will find Germany, US, UK imported foreign used or tokunbo cars for sale in Nigeria, fairly used cars in Nigeria at their cheapest prices. They offer free inspection services to customers across different locations in Nigeria.

Click here to visit the Store.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Cotonuo Cars Very Cheap? / 2019 Mercedes-amg A45 Gets All-new Engine With 400-plus Horsepower / 5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.