Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Toyota Camry Inefficient Brakes - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Camry Inefficient Brakes (1048 Views)

HELP! MY Toyota Sequoia 2002 goes off When I Step On The Brakes Abrubtly. / Nissan Pathfinder Brakes Very Stiff( Difficulty In Applying Brakes) / Classy Audi A6 2000 Model With Comfortable Bucket Seats And Power Brakes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Inefficient Brakes by Kashif(m): 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2012
Brothers, I have a 2000 model Toyota Camry, and the brakes have not been efficient.

When you start out, the brakes seem to be a little more efficient but during hard driving and hard braking, you will notice that the pedal starts getting a little stiff, with very reduced efficiency. Even when the brakes are at its top, it takes hard pedalling to get a good decelaration/stop. Normal brakes should not require such effort once the power booster is working properly.

Early last year, I had the front brake pads and disks (rotors) changed, and got very little improvement. Later, I asked the mechanic to replace the rear brake linings. All these did not give me the desired result, as I still need to press hard on the pedal to stop the car! With five adults in the car, you must maintain safe braking distance. angry

January this year, I felt it could be coming from the power booster (my mechanic thinks there is nothing wrong with the brakes), so I asked him to replace it. He did, and nothing changed! Disappointing and at the same time, confusing! Then one day while I was driving, the pedal went flat! I tapped it twice and it came back but I became worried. I drove it like that that day and before evening, it 'normalised' I suspected there could be foreign body in the brake system so I asked him to flush the system. He did, and the brake started working exactly as it should!

The sad part? It started declining after five days sad sad sad cry I don't know what to do again. Is there anybody with an idea as to what could be causing this please. Could it be that the hydraulic boils?
Re: Toyota Camry Inefficient Brakes by Kashif(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2012
cry cry
Re: Toyota Camry Inefficient Brakes by Kashif(m): 11:29am On Mar 13, 2012
It appears its only car dealers we have here? undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clean Tokunbo Used 2002 Infiniti Qx4 4wd: Price: N2m / Tokunbo 2000 Toyota Corolla Price N870k / 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.