Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Information Needed On Risk Management Certification - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Information Needed On Risk Management Certification (3042 Views)

Risk Management Forum / Quality Management Certification Vs Prince2 / Spsm Or Cips For Supply Management Certification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by lolarde(f): 6:02pm On Mar 13, 2012
Pls I need any useful information on the Institute of Risk Management(IRM) UK. Pls if any one has done the exams or is currently doing it I need you help. And if anyone could recommend any other risk management certification that is well recognised and accepted, I would be grateful. THanks.
Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by denzel2009: 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
lolarde: Pls I need any useful information on the Institute of Risk Management(IRM) UK. Pls if any one has done the exams or is currently doing it I need you help. And if anyone could recommend any other risk management certification that is well recognised and accepted, I would be grateful. THanks.

http://www.isaca.org/Certification/CRISC-Certified-in-Risk-and-Information-Systems-Control/Pages/default.aspx
Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by yamakuza: 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2012
Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by RixExpat: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
There are currently only 2 globally recognized Risk Certifications:

1)Financial Risk Manager (FRM) awarded by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)http://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program.aspx

2)Professional Risk Manager (PRM) awarded by the Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA)
http://prmia.org/index.php?page=exam

For your information, the exams are a bit challenging especially if you don't have a strong quantitative background. I have the PRM already and will be registering for the November FRM (both levels) after the CFA exams in June.
Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by simplebussy: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
1)Financial Risk Manager (FRM) awarded by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)http://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program.aspx

2)Professional Risk Manager (PRM) awarded by the Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA)
http://prmia.org/index.php?page=exam

For your information, the exams are a bit challenging especially if you don't have a strong quantitative background. I have the PRM already and will be registering for the November FRM (both levels) after the CFA exams in June.

i am on the insurance line. which one wld u recommend?

Thanks
Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by RixExpat: 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2012
Risk Management tools and practices are applicable to all areas of finance and banking (be it non-bank (insurance) or commercial banking, investment management/banking) and even in energy which is an emerging area in risk management. Risk management in insurance is not that different from other areas in finance. As a matter of fact, insurance firms are involved in selling all forms of insurance/hedging products which actually requires an advanced knowledge of pricing and risk management of options/derivatives. In my opinion, risk management in insurance is as demanding if not more demanding. If you have a passion for a career in risk management and you want that career strong enough, that energy should be able to push you to pay any price required to achieve your dream. You need not be a rocket scientist or mathematical genius to be an effective risk manager. Risk management is not all about math (even though you require to be at least good in it), but much more to be an effective risk manager, you need to develop sound judgement, good imagination and a good business sense. Success is not cheap, but if you are ready to pay the price, you can be anything you want if you have a great dose of passion. Nothing is impossible to the man who knows where he is going. You need to understand the insurance business in and out, then go for the FRM or the PRM to complement your knowledge base if you want to be a global professional. There are no short cuts.
Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by MarketRisk: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2016
Hi,

Take a look at www.marketrisktraining.com

It is an intensive, 1-month, analytics-focused, hands-on training course designed to cover the key aspects of Market Risk (what is Market Risk?) taught from a practical perspective by a Market Risk BA SME

This online training course starts from foundation level (starting from the basics) and candidates learn by developing their own risk engine components, gaining actual practical knowledge required to secure a job in Market Risk as a Business Analyst, and/or be more successful in a current role

Classes are held on weekends and streamed online live. Recorded class videos are also available after each session. Candidates who attend the full course over 4 weeks and pass all assessments receive the MRT™ certification, qualifying for Market Risk jobs and becoming job ready in 1 month

This course is ideal for individuals looking to start a career as a Market Risk Business Analyst, Risk Business Analyst, Quant Business Analyst, or anyone interested in acquiring/increasing their knowledge of Risk analytics implementations as actually done at work in a bank

1 Like

Re: Information Needed On Risk Management Certification by tpapi: 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2018
lolarde:
Pls I need any useful information on the Institute of Risk Management(IRM) UK. Pls if any one has done the exams or is currently doing it I need you help. And if anyone could recommend any other risk management certification that is well recognised and accepted, I would be grateful. THanks.
pm sent

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Basic Salary For An ACA Holder ? / Ten Enemies To Your Visions / Central Bank Of Nigeria (cbn) Urgent Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.