Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital (17546 Views)

Adamawa Is Nigeria's Least Developed State / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by MrGlobe(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
Onlytruth:

And you are not ashamed to say that you are from Lagos?
Anu mpama.

You are ashamed of your own state. Why should I even look your way?
Afo anu nwuru anwu.
guy, I dont care about where am from. What I care about is am igbo and awka is a mess for a capital city. I have an interest there and am very uncomfortable when am there. Its a shame for top anambra govt officials to live in enugu and come to work and go back to enugu with anambra money. Peter obi leading the pack. Its a dang shame. A shame for anambra people. An insult to top anambra indigenes. Wait until 2014 and see how soludo will be embraced cuz of this issue.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by MrGlobe(m): 11:02pm On Mar 15, 2012
Ejiné:
LOL! But guy, let's have a truce. Let's sheath our swords for today.
What say ye? smiley
Am in. Since we are doing it for the love and they are doing it for their pockets. We can move on. Lol
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Onlytruth(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

guy, I dont care about where am from. What I care about is am igbo and awka is a mess for a capital city. I have an interest there and am very uncomfortable when am there. Its a shame for top anambra govt officials to live in enugu and come to work and go back to enugu with anambra money. Peter obi leading the pack. Its a dang shame. A shame for anambra people. An insult to top anambra indigenes. [b]Wait until 2014 [/b]and see how soludo will be embraced cuz of this issue.

That is what EVERY Anambra state citizen is waiting for. All these useless arguments only paint Ndigbo in bad light.
Anybody who thinks that I am a Peter Obi groupie is a fool. Ngige was my man going into the elections last year. Obi won, and since then I would not say that he has done nothing. In 2014, my candidate may not even be Ngige, depending on the men running.
However, any candidate backed by Peter Obi will face an uphill task because of all these controversies trailing him around.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ekwynwa: 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2012
Ejiné:

Okay okay, I apologize for being harsh. I'm deeply sorry.
And if it makes you happy, I'm actually Anioma from Delta State.
And you see the difference between me and Chino? I'm not here to decieve anybody about the state of things in my homestate - DELTA IS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE!
I'm not here to lie and try to fool anyone about fake developments going on in my state. Our governor is a total criminal who has completely looted our state. We have the worst primary schooks in Southern Nigeria as a result of total neglect. Our tap waters are heavily poisoned, and our hospitals grossly understaffed. It is terrible, but I will never try to hide these things just cuz it's my homestate. And I think every true Igbo son should also be this way. It pains me heavily when I see my fellow people telling bare faced lies just because they're in a governor's payroll. Let us all tell ourselves the truth and help each other out in areas we need it. Cast out the compromised liars in your presence for they shall be our downfall.

cool

Am cool, am Anambra/Delta also (Akwuzu/ Anioma)
you and Chino should go take ur dinner, u both ve bn on this dog fight for long grin grin

UDO
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ACM10: 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
This is disgraceful!
First of all, I feel ashamed that my blood brothers are tearing into each other.

Second of all, I'm doubly ashamed that our reverred elderstateman, Eze Onlytruth is involved.

Shame on the originator of this thread!
Shame on all of u that are hurling insults at each other.

For the 1st time, I feel ashamed to be associated with all of u
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by chino11(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:

guy, I dont care about where am from. What I care about is am igbo and awka is a mess for a capital city. I have an interest there and am very uncomfortable when am there. Its a shame for top anambra govt officials to live in enugu and come to work and go back to enugu with anambra money. Peter obi leading the pack. Its a dang shame. A shame for anambra people. An insult to top anambra indigenes. Wait until 2014 and see how soludo will be embraced cuz of this issue.

You should be stoned alive for lying from the pit of abyss. Presently you can hardly see civil servants coming from enugu except for few that supposed to be housed in the new phase of 'Light of the Nation' estate just by Ngozika Estate.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ekwynwa: 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
ACM10: This is disgraceful!
First of all, I feel ashamed that my blood brothers are tearing into each other.

Second of all, I'm doubly ashamed that our reverred elderstateman, Eze Onlytruth is involved.

the thing tire me o sad

its unbelievable, where is the LOVE

we re suppose to ve each others back
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Abagworo(m): 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Instead of facing the issue, you are attacking everyone asking their states. Ok am from lagos. Is awka better than lagos too? You said awka has it downsides. No awka is a downside. Only udoka and abuja estates built by mbadinuju are the only upsides of awka. Only

OMG! So the Udoka and Abuja estate was even Mbadinuju's handiwork? I no fit shout.

Chino11 is a disgrace. I even thought his Peter Obi built those estates.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ekwynwa: 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
Abagworo:

OMG! So the Udoka and Abuja estate was even Mbadinuju's handiwork? I no fit shout.

Chino11 is a disgrace. I even thought his Peter Obi built those estates.

bros you started this , give it a rest already

chill, ozugo cool
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Onlytruth(m): 12:52am On Mar 16, 2012
ACM10: This is disgraceful!

Bros, you should direct your disappointment at some of your brothers here who are always too quick to insult me thinking that they would get away with it just because of some online "Eze" conferred on me. I never take insults from anybody. cool
Let's keep things in focus.
If you go back to the earlier pages, you will see that I tried my best to control some of our wayward brothers here. For my effort, I was insulted. The sooner our brothers understand that I will never accept unnecessary insults, the better for all of us.
Whenever you see renegades insulting some of us who have been here longer and have wounds to show for it, it is your duty to call them to order, else I would do so myself. Aka ejisiro m. cool

You are right that the originator of this topic is more interested in slighting Anambra than he is interested in truth. Abagworo is a well known Igbo renegade. His perspectives are no longer important in Igbo affairs.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ifyalways(f): 1:34am On Mar 16, 2012
Very interesting thread and contributions.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ebere1712: 4:03am On Mar 16, 2012
chino and onlytruth are a disappointment. Imagine chino calling my owere people monkey and onlytruth not having the courtesy to call the man to other. Okay we have heard y'all. Owere man in and out.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by odumchi: 4:27am On Mar 16, 2012
Awka is Nigeria's least developed state capital

Hmmm. What about the capitals of Kebbi, Niger, Nassarawa, Ekiti, and the rest?

I'd rather have a state with spread development (like Anambra) as opposed to one where the only developed place is the capital.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by chino11(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2012
odumchi: Awka is Nigeria's least developed state capital

Hmmm. What about the capitals of Kebbi, Niger, Nassarawa, Ekiti, and the rest?

I'd rather have a state with spread development (like Anambra) as opposed to one where the only developed place is the capital.

GBAM

Can I tell you something, that is the real fear and envy of other Igbos from SE, that Anambra's development is evenly spread is there cause of fear and intimidation. Even my home town Uga is very developed and hosts major populations from Igboland and out side Igboland.

They do not want to do a construction arguement, because they know that Awka is ahead of their so called harlotry, poverty and backward infested state capitals. When Eze onlytruth ask them to google earth the SE cities all them backed out.

Anambra will continue to be on the top far ahead of any SE state just like the irokos great Zik and Ikemba Nnewi.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ifyalways(f): 7:54am On Mar 16, 2012
Chino, please go and sit tight. Must you bring down others just so you would promote yours or make a point?

Btw,uga is fine. Same with ekwulobia.(high life and fresh fish for orthon palace)lolz
@Topic,Is Awka worse than abakaliki in every aspect?its only fair to compare with other capitals in SE or other capitals of states that were created at same time.

. . . And chino, owerri is fine too. No one should be blamed if all you noticed and probably do when you visit is to patronize ashi's. IMO's development is evenly spread.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ACM10: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2012
chino11:

GBAM

Can I tell you something, that is the real fear and envy of other Igbos from SE, that Anambra's development is evenly spread is there cause of fear and intimidation. Even my home town Uga is very developed and hosts major populations from Igboland and out side Igboland.

They do not want to do a construction arguement, because they know that Awka is ahead of their so called harlotry, poverty and backward infested state capitals. When Eze onlytruth ask them to google earth the SE cities all them backed out.

Anambra will continue to be on the top far ahead of any SE state just like the irokos great Zik and Ikemba Nnewi.

Park well joor!
. . .and shun that your fear and envy yarns. It's becoming tired and boring. Nobody has time for that. Try to view this debate from the other people's point of view. As an Anambrarian, it is premature to assess Peter Obi's work. I'll leave that till 2014 political season.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by jbaur24: 8:06am On Mar 16, 2012
The only bane of Igbos is sectionalization and outsiders are taking advantgate of this ill.

If only the Igbos could unite, they will declare anything today in Nigeria and it will be.

As a neutral person from SS (Akwaibom) I will still make it clear once again the order of city ranking in the SE. Having been to all the SE state capitals in the last one. Like as I said earlier, I schooled in Abia, my fiancee lives and works in Awka, Owerri is where I sojourn and pass usually on my way to PH via Onitsha, then also Enugu. And alot of things affects development, like enugu benefited more from the then eastern, Owerre follows. I have also seen healthy and planned development springing up in Awka as at January I visited. Am a passionate lover of Peter Obi because of the way and manner his manages resourses not like every day Nigeria politician and governor.

I have seen it all, the ranking is thus:

1- Enugu

2- Owerri

3- Awka

4- Umahia and then closely trailed by Abakaliki

The above ranking may not last forever, because some cities may overtake the other because of many other factors ranging from FDIs and internal inputs.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by jbaur24: 8:07am On Mar 16, 2012
Its well
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Onlytruth(m): 8:19am On Mar 16, 2012
jbaur24: Its well

I think it is time I give you a title.
You are now the ogo bu nwanne 1 of Nairaland. Translated, it means literally "in-law is brother". cool
I say this because you are communicating in a very civil manner, and you are doing your best to share the truth with the rest of us diasporans.
Thank you my brother. cool
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ACM10: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2012
jbaur24: Am a passionate lover of Peter Obi because of the way and manner his manages resourses not like every day Nigeria politician and governor.

For sure, many anambrarians does not share this sentiment of yours. . . and it insult the sensibility of many more whenever supposed outsiders makes this comment about Peter Obi. I will advise u to desist from making the the above comment as a neutral person u claims to be, or else you'll be seen by a section of anambrarians as a political hack
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Onlytruth(m): 8:28am On Mar 16, 2012
@Everyone

I wish to appeal to everyone commenting on this thread to please use his brains while arguing.
How can anyone believe any negative conclusion you may share with us if you have no pictorial proof?
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Please support your position with PICTURE proof.

As for my Eastern brothers, please never forget that we all live in the same region and share the same towns, from Enugu to Calabar, to PH to Asaba to Abakaliki to Nsukka, etc.
Let us always bear this in mind whenever we want to support or defend our positions.
It is truly idiotic to put down any eastern town to feel good about yourself because you may end up there tomorrow.
That is why I started by asking for picture proofs because that is the only way to make a fair presentation of position.
The debate can continue, but please let us do so like brothers.

I thank you all in advance! cool
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ACM10: 8:29am On Mar 16, 2012
Onlytruth:

I think it is time I give you a title.
You are now the ogo bu nwanne 1 of Nairaland. Translated, it means literally "in-law is brother". cool
I say this because you are communicating in a very civil manner, and you are doing your best to share the truth with the rest of us diasporans.
Thank you my brother. cool

Onlytruth, is it not time u exit from this thread? Just an advise
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Onlytruth(m): 8:32am On Mar 16, 2012
ACM10:

For sure, many anambrarians does not share this sentiment of yours. . . and it insult the sensibility of many more whenever supposed outsiders makes this comment about Peter Obi. I will advise u to desist from making the the above comment as a neutral person u claims to be, or else you'll be seen by a section of anambrarians as a political hack

He is very welcome to share his opinion with the rest of us.
Since when is it a crime to share opinions that supports a sitting governor?
Nna some of you guys just need to chill, because you are not helping advance your own position by attacking others.
The guy says he passes through Awka and has someone working there. Do you have something more to show us?
If you not, then why this attack and argument? Makes no damn sense! undecided
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Onlytruth(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2012
ACM10:

Onlytruth, is it not time u exit from this thread? Just an advise

And why should I exit it?
To make room for open warfare?
If that is what you are waiting from me, it ain't ever happening.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Afam4eva(m): 9:59am On Mar 16, 2012
@Chino
The way you talk about Awka as if you're the only one who has been or lived their. Even though i think it's stupid for anyone to refer to Awka as the least developed capital in Nigeria, i don't think it's far from the truth. Awka just like other state capitals that were created in 1991 and 1996 cannot compete with capitals like Enugu, owerri, Port-hacourt and calabar that have been there for decades. I don't know why you have to go to the extent of bringing down other Igbo cities just to score a cheap point.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by Ejine(m): 10:31am On Mar 16, 2012
afam4eva: @Chino
The way you talk about Awka as if you're the only one who has been or lived their. Even though i think it's stupid for anyone to refer to Awka as the least developed capital in Nigeria, i don't think it's far from the truth. Awka just like other state capitals that were created in 1991 and 1996 cannot compete with capitals like Enugu, owerri, Port-hacourt and calabar that have been there for decades. I don't know why you have to go to the extent of bringing down other Igbo cities just to score a cheap point.

Because he's a paid political sycophant, that's why!
He gats to do his master's bidding by hook or crook!

Okay, I'm outtie for REAL this time grin
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by EzeUche(m): 2:44pm On Mar 16, 2012
Any Igbo who says Awka is more developed than Umuahia is a liar.

Do not allow your hatred for T.A. Orji to cloud your judgment. Umuahia is a well planned city just like Owerri.

Sam Mbakwe infrastructure achievements in that city can be seen. And the roads in Umuahia are developed as well.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by EzeUche(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
Igbos you should call Chino to order.

Do not risk the unity of Igbos on Nairaland by his arrogance.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by chuksikem(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
This is a very interesting thread for all true ndigbos...its very refreshing to see that young igbos are passionate about what goes on in the entire southeast....kudos all

@topic...quote me anywhere..peter obi is a monumental failure in terms of developing the state capital..before people like chino chew me up..am for constructive criticism...not blind arguments...i am a bonafide proud son of Anambra state..light of the entire black nation. i lived in the state capital for 22yrs before venturing to lagos,..its a shame how rustic our state capital looks.from amansea junction..down to osha headbridge is in a bad state...the only development in awka is hotels(cheap ones that unizik students frequent for pleasure)..its therefore appalling seeing people come on a public forum like this to defend the indefensible...peter obi is definitely working in the rural areas..i know he has tarred more roads than any leader dead or alive..but he has neglected the state capital..i feel he has an axe to grind with awka indigenes...and chino...the person that said peter obi sleeps in enugu is 101% correct...its a stale gist bro..secondly..quit comparing awka and enugu/owerri in terms of development..its not right.it shows you have never been out of your enclave in awka..those two towns are world class..moreover those towns have been there since time immemorial ..awka is just 21yrs old..we are trying but we can do better...

we eagerly await 2014..i just pray soludo gives the governorship slot a shot..cos i will definitely campaign and vote for him.
Re: Awka Is Nigeria’s Least Developed State Capital by ak47mann(m): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2012
APGA is made in anambra state so any governor must come under APGA cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Names Special Committees' Members / Labour Party Presents Yoruba/Igbo Candidates For Eko LG Elections / 2 Groups Engage In Gun Battle Ahead Of Youth Election In Bayelsa State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.